Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Are The Minnesota Vikings About To Gamble On Blake Bortles?

Are The Minnesota Vikings About To Gamble On Blake Bortles? - iSports Times
    The guy who wrote this article has Bortles going to the Texans with the first pick in his mock draft.
    The tweet he is using, to say the Vikings have Bortles as number one on their QB list, comes from a writer who covers the Pacers for the most part.
    Pretty obscure sources for insider info on the Vikings.
    Bortles at 8 is a reach for a developmental QB. Moving up and giving up next years first rounder and more seems unlikely.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Let's go defense and get this guy later.... Tom Savage
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...234107710.html
    Last edited by thorshammer; 04-16-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Will any of you who think we will draft Johnny football, explain to me where in anyway shape or form he fits what Norv does from an offensive standpoint. He does nothing well that Norv wants from his QBs. He can not stand in pocket and make good reads and accurate throws. Not to mention read the defense and make quick decisions. Mark my words he would not succeed in a Norv ran structured offense.
    Last edited by Rage4Order; 04-16-2014 at 06:55 PM.

All these top 3 Qbs are project QB, since when is it all right to use pick 8 in first round on a project. That is supposed to be a help me now spot to draft from.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I'm not saying I'm ONLY interested in his last game. I just give it a lot more weight than anything that's happened since then because he hasn't played in a game since then. And his entire body of work is great. I suppose where we disagree is the relevance of the scripted workout. Some say he can't handle pressure because of it. I say it's a different kind of pressure. It's not irrelevant, but making throws in a quiet environment is different than having four or five huge people coming at you and you have to keep your eyes off of them and down the field to find a receiver. He's done pretty darn well with that kind of pressure up to this point. In the workout he has a handful of people who he knows are nitpicking about mechanics and footwork and ball flight. In a game he has to read a defense (big strength) and locate the best receiver while stuff is quickly breaking down.
    My point is, if he can't complete passes in a "quiet environment" that's scripted with no defenders coming at him or defending his receivers, how is he going to do it on game day when he has all those pressures & defenders?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Rage4Order View Post
    All these top 3 Qbs are project QB, since when is it all right to use pick 8 in first round on a project. That is supposed to be a help me now spot to draft from.
    Supply & demand. (See Ponder, 2011)

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    My point is, if he can't complete passes in a "quiet environment" that's scripted with no defenders coming at him or defending his receivers, how is he going to do it on game day when he has all those pressures & defenders?
    I suppose the same way he did it in college. Different defenses in the NFL but that same uncertainty goes with any QB.

Supply & demand. (See Ponder, 2011)
    And we saw how that worked out...

A case for Bortles or Bridgewater at No. 8 to the Vikings

Craig: A case for Bortles or Bridgewater at No. 8 to the Vikings | Star Tribune

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage4Order View Post
    Will any of you who think we will draft Johnny football, explain to me where in anyway shape or form he fits what Norv does from an offensive standpoint. He does nothing well that Norv wants from his QBs. He can not stand in pocket and make good reads and accurate throws. Not to mention read the defense and make quick decisions. Mark my words he would not succeed in a Norv ran structured offense.
    To accept this premise is to accept neither Manziel NOR Turner can succeed if they have to deviate from what they have done in the past. I have seen games with Manziel where he stayed in the pocket and picked the defense apart the whole game... it wasn't one of his "showy" games, and as such, isn't played over and over again on Sportscenter. But has done it, and he is young enough to develop those skills if it is required.

Turner has always liked to emphasize the run game, and allow that to open up the passing for his QB. As such, a QB who takes a lot of chances doesn't really "fit"; but a QB who sits in the pocket then gets sacked because he can't do anything else doesn't "fit" with ANYONE'S offensive scheme. It's a given that Manziel needs to lean on his OL, go through he progressions, and work on throwing properly ALL the time, not just in spurts. But saying he cannot is just as presumptuous as saying he will flourish in Turner's system.

In the end, Turner and Zimmer themselves will decide if the kids will work; if they DO, then I respect their decision. If they don't, I'll pout a little bit and then root for whoever they decide on.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast