Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    NONE of these QBs are franchise QBs and NONE of them are worthy of top ten picks or first round for that matter. The only reason it's going to happen that way is the desperation many teams have at the position. I'm with the draft the best defensive guy we can get and pick up one of the QBs in the second or third round crowd. The line between the QBs is pretty fine anyway, as in none of them are going to step in and change a franchise, at least for the better. Maybe for the worse! I've said it before, until our defense stops giving up 30 points a game it won't matter who QBs this team.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Now it's sounding like Mettenberger is the favorite...

Zach Mettenberger - College Player - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

LSU QB Zach Mettenberger dined with four Vikings officials following his Wednesday Pro Day.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I dont know much about these young guys coming out in the draft, but what I know about Norv makes this look way more likely then Johnny Football ( or Tarkenton 2.0 ).
    I would be in support of JF if they went that way and I would bite my tongue if he was a bust. On the other side if they draft Mettenberger and he ends up being Ponder 2.0. I will chim in early and often.
    I do like the direction this club is going and I am more excited about Viking Football. Even if it take 2yrs to be competitive (as in SB contenders)
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

who will be tha nxt franchise QB

None are worth a first round pick
    None

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    agreed…I wrote this awhile back.

A Ponder-esque Dilemma
    I would love to go to Happy Hour at a bar in Minny with a few of y'all and Zimm, Norv, and (yes) Spielman, and just watch/listen to some of us PP.Oers debate our points with true pros.

Regardless of the points, many valid, the likelihood that Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Mettenberger, McCarron, Carr, Fales, or Garropolo all succeed, or most, is unlikely. The odds that two, possibly three, succeed, is more likely. Of course, the definition of "succeed" is widely varied, and depends on your lens. Did Tommy Kramer succeed? Wade Wilson? Rich Gannon?

Arguments can be made for drafting each and everyone of them, depending on strategy and scenario.

By the way, I've seen mention to the "watch film on 'him'," as a challenge to some points. Kevon, are you watching the same film as Zimm, Norv, Spielman, etc.? If so, cool. If not, stop.

Yes, I have opinions too... I think if any of the "top 3" QBs are available at #8, the trigger will be pulled. If not, Mettenberger is the target.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-20-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    i can see spielman given up our second and third pick to jump into the bottom of the first. to get a qb that might get picked a head of them in the second

Brewtal is offline Starter
    Bridgewater is a disaster waiting to happen. He is the next Travaras Jackson, he will not be able to handle the pressure and you will be able to see his knee's shaking under pressure. I would not take him even in the 3rd or 4th round.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Id be willing to bet it wont be Manziel that we draft. I would almost say its certain that they wont. All you need to know to verify this fact is look at Norv Turners history with QBs. IN actuality I think Cassel will flourish under Norvs system. There are a few of these qbs that I do like, Carr, Mettenberger, Matthews, Savage to name a few.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Im also tired of hearing about look at the competition that Manziel has faced in the SEC. How many championships did he win? His game will transfer to the NFL as good as Tebows did. Tebow was a much better team leader than manziel ever thought of being. On the argument of competition faced how many starting qbs in NFl are from SEC schools. The Mannings and Cutler are all I can come up with off top of head. Oh wait forgot Cam Newton.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    One NFC team picking in the 20s told us that they expect the Minnesota Vikings to take Carr with the eighth-overall pick, unless he is selected by the Raiders at No. 5 overall.

A year ago, most of the attention on the quarterback prospects was focused on Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. Many pundits were surprised when E.J. Manuel was selected first. Once again, teams in the top 10 aren't following the consensus signal-caller rankings. At least three feel that Carr is the second-best quarterback prospect in the draft.
    WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

D'oh!! I hope the Raiders take him, Carr's about the only one I don't want at 8...that or moving up for one of the other guys. I just don't like how he reacts to pressure in his face, as shown in his bowl game, terribly. Same problem his brother had, makes me way too nervous for a top ten pick.

I hope we can move back, land a defensive difference maker like Mosley or Gilbert or Dennard, and then perhaps move back up around Denver's spot at 31 to grab our target QB before the round 2 QB rush gets rolling.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast