Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Who Will Our Starting LB'rs Be (Marrdro's Analysis - Guess)

Don't be surprised if Urlacher shows up at camp.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Don't be surprised if Urlacher shows up at camp.
    LOL, you crack me up. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, however, I hope they use that money to resign Griff or Rob or someone we really need.

Not some broke down old LBr that can't practice (or possibly make it through the season) anymore.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    We both may be right and we both may be wrong, way too early to tell my friend. Lotsa time to sift through the info that will come out in OTAs and preseason.
    You know its not about right and wrong (well at least for me), its all about the discussion that follows.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    It sounds like Erin was told a while ago to bulk up to play the middle, but, I've got a gut feeling that Cole might have the inside track on one of those jobs too. He's got great size with perhaps a bit of room to grow at 6'4" 239 lbs, seems to have great instincts and decent hands judging by those 2 preseason pick-sixes he pulled back to back, but more importantly for him, he's a year ahead of the others as far as learning our system. From what I've read, he's played some inside and some outside backer, so he projects as at least a multiple backup, and along with Erin, gives us some flexibility as to whether he plays MLB but comes off on passing downs, or outside, keeping Erin consistently in the middle.

On a side note, these guys' flexibility was important going into the draft, as it allowed us to pick best LB available instead of kinda getting forced into reaching for one of the top MLBs earlier. (*my guy was Jon Bostic...hate that he went to da Bears!*)

Of course, the converted safety in Hodges, seems to make him the perfect fit on paper for the Will LB spot described above. The big questions here are whether his size will hold up vs. pulling, run blocking guards and bigger more athletic TEs, and of course, the old, can he stay healthy with 240 lbs packed on his 6'1" frame?

Maybe, Hey's idea of having him in with Chad or Erin on passing downs, but Cole as more of the regular, base D starter has some merit to it.

'My mindset isn't (to) be a backup,' Vikings rookie Gerald Hodges says | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings
    First bolded discussion point.....

That story about him being told at the end of the season, leads me to believe, (along with the 2 year contract) that he was at least a primary solution for the Mike. I'm sure they had another option, but I get the sneaky feeling it wasn't one of the 2 top Mikes in this draft.

Second bolded discussion point....

Improved DL play will take some of that off of our LB'rs......

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Not according to Jerry
    I love Jerry playing GM. The Cowgirls will always be lacking with him in that role. One less team for the Vikes to worry about.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I love Jerry playing GM. The Cowgirls will always be lacking with him in that role. One less team for the Vikes to worry about.
    Yep, lets hope he's around for another 20 years.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Didn't he win a 3 super bowls while playing GM?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Gotcha, and I'm tracking with that and that can explain some of the later round stuff, but a C in the first that carried a 3rd round grade? That pick was all need.
    Especially since the player current playing Center is none other than Ryan "feet of stone" Cook. I would certainly say that is a position in need of an upgrade.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    You know its not about right and wrong (well at least for me), its all about the discussion that follows.
    And there will be alot of that coming up soon, although not soon enough.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Didn't he win a 3 super bowls while playing GM?
    You are still around. Great to see you old friend.......

Depends on what role you think his head coach had in the way of scouting and selecting players.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast