Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who will be the Minnesota Vikings Head Coach in '08???

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Who should be the coach next year?

Me!

26-2 over the past 3 years
    2 Championships

[img width=450 height=299]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/me.jpg[/img]
    I'll vote you in Ultra.
    26-2 is pretty damn good.
    LOL

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Me!

2 Championships

[img width=450 height=299]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/me.jpg[/img]
    Will you accept a 12 year deal and 300 millions Del Rio Dollars?

[img width=450 height=189]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/clinteastwoodyd4.jpg[/img]

tclawmen is offline Starter

I have not read all of the replys to this post so this may have been addressed all ready but, IMHO the entire staff (from coaches to scouts to the people responsible on draft day) need to be evaluated in order to determine why the team is not performing up to expectations. While I am not in favor of bringing Childress back, he can only work with the players on the roster. If the talent of those players is down then we need to evaluate the group of people responsible for bringing those players into the organization. We need to look at the past 3-5 drafts and see how many of those players (especially 1st - 4th round draft selections) have panned out and are contributing to the team. We also need to look at the group of free agents that have been brought in to see if they are contributing. If that core group is no longer with the team or it has been determined that those players were not evaluated properly and are not contributing, then the people responsible need to be held accountable (meaning the staff) and new people need to be brought in that can do the job. As for the head coaching position, AP is obviously the key to this team turning the corner on offense and whoever is coaching next year has to be able to run an offense around his skills. Shoetenheimer (sp?) built an entire offense around L.T. and I believe he could do the same thing here with Peterson. His playoff record is not good, but, I would rather get to the playoffs and take our chances than stay in the situation we are currently in.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"tclawmen" wrote:
    I have not read all of the replys to this post so this may have been addressed all ready but, IMHO the entire staff (from coaches to scouts to the people responsible on draft day) need to be evaluated in order to determine why the team is not performing up to expectations. While I am not in favor of bringing Childress back, he can only work with the players on the roster. If the talent of those players is down then we need to evaluate the group of people responsible for bringing those players into the organization. We need to look at the past 3-5 drafts and see how many of those players (especially 1st - 4th round draft selections) have panned out and are contributing to the team. We also need to look at the group of free agents that have been brought in to see if they are contributing. If that core group is no longer with the team or it has been determined that those players were not evaluated properly and are not contributing, then the people responsible need to be held accountable (meaning the staff) and new people need to be brought in that can do the job. As for the head coaching position, AP is obviously the key to this team turning the corner on offense and whoever is coaching next year has to be able to run an offense around his skills. Shoetenheimer (sp?) built an entire offense around L.T. and I believe he could do the same thing here with Peterson. His playoff record is not good, but, I would rather get to the playoffs and take our chances than stay in the situation we are currently in.

Well....I am in agreement with your assessment here and I'm going to add something that most likely will get me "Jumped" by some of the folks posting on the board. Another Issue...In My Humble Opinion...has been to much of a "Revolving Door Policy" with regard to players we have had on the roster....that were high quality...that we either could not use properly at the time for whatever reason or were traded away trying to get better draft deals etc. Anybody remenber Nate Burleson for example...or Chris Hovan....or a fellow named Moss lighting things up in NE.
    For whatever reasons...and there are many with unlimited scenarios we can't seem to keep top tallent around here in Minnesota for very long. It concerns me that we have one of the top RBs now in Adrian Peterson..and Darn Great Runner in Chester Taylor and might lose one or both within a very short time because that seems to be the recent (Within the last 10 Years) luck this team has had with personel.

JMHO.
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

Well....I am in agreement with your assessment here and I'm going to add something that most likely will get me "Jumped" by some of the folks posting on the board. Another Issue...In My Humble Opinion...has been to much of a "Revolving Door Policy" with regard to players we have had on the roster....that were high quality...that we either could not use properly at the time for whatever reason or were traded away trying to get better draft deals etc. Anybody remenber Nate Burleson for example...or Chris Hovan....or a fellow named Moss lighting things up in NE.
    For whatever reasons...and there are many with unlimited scenarios we can't seem to keep top tallent around here in Minnesota for very long. It concerns me that we have one of the top RBs now in Adrian Peterson..and Darn Great Runner in Chester Taylor and might lose one or both within a very short time because that seems to be the recent (Within the last 10 Years) luck this team has had with personel.

JMHO.
    Name them.

I can think of two.

tclawmen is offline Starter

"Frostbite" wrote:
    [quote]
    "tclawmen" wrote:

Burleson was not the organizations fault, it was Seattle's response to our poison pill when we took Hutchinson. Hovan unlike Moss was on the tail end of his career and really did not do anything with Tampa when he left here. As for Moss even if he was here he would not be putting up the kind of numbers he is with N.E. and would probably be a cancer to the team like he was in Oakland. I dont really think the organization has let talented players leave I just dont think they are very good at evaluating talent.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

JMHO.
    Name them.

I can think of two.
    randy moss, daunte culpepper, david ortiz, kevin garnett, stephon marbury, sam cassell, latrell sprewell, soon to be torii hunter and johan santana

chris hovan stunk and needed to go, and who cares since we now have the 2 best DTs in the game anyways..nate burleson is the most overpaid PR/KR/4th receiver probably in recent history

frostbite, i think you shouldve used minnesota sports as a whole, because with football, there really are only two
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

JMHO.
    Name them.

I can think of two.
    randy moss, daunte culpepper, david ortiz, kevin garnett, stephon marbury, sam cassell, latrell sprewell, soon to be torii hunter and johan santana

chris hovan stunk and needed to go, and who cares since we now have the 2 best DTs in the game anyways..nate burleson is the most overpaid PR/KR/4th receiver probably in recent history

frostbite, i think you shouldve used minnesota sports as a whole, because with football, there really are only two
    Can't keep talent around for a long time?
    I would say seven years is a pretty good stint to be with a team in this day and age of free agency.

Also, I thiink the coaches have done a great job in evaluating talent and scouting.
    look at how much of a contribution they have made over the past 2 years.
    sorry but I can't agree with those statements.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

JMHO.
    Name them.

I can think of two.

I was referring to football.

The 2 I can think of is Moss and Tomlin.
    Pep was not the same Pep IMHO.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Me!

2 Championships

2? What happened to the third?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast