Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Who will be the Minnesota Vikings Head Coach in '08???

Yes. One of these 10 choices will be correct. Who do you think? Personally I want Greg Williams but if Martz was looking to be a teams head coach I'd hire him in a heart beat.

Brad Childress- Look at the countless threads about him. all the debates. Whatever. Will Wilf give him another season?

Bill Cowher- Need I explain this man. Super Bowl coach. Cowher's record as a head coach is 149-90-1 (161-99-1 including playoff games). Anyone who says he's unqualified has lost my respect. The only reason he's not my first pick is because he might not be back this year or next year

Gregg Williams-In my opinion this guy is the coordinator of the best coached and disciplined team in the NFL today. Everyone does there job and their job alone but their job well. It has that essense of the "No Name Defense." An good defense thats underrated because its a team that make the plays. Not about the individuals. When you see a dense like that you know its about the coaching.

Marty Schottenheimer- Marty Ball. Well it led Chargers to a 14-2 season right. Its pretty aggressive until of course they get to the playoffs. Then he sucks terribly. what is his playoff record? Like 1-15. Yeah not too good. I wouldn't want him but its an improvement and can atleast make us an elite team.

Scott Linehan- That would be something if he came back. At the rate St. Louis is going they could let him go. We could pick him up. He's not a bad coach. I really think its the O-line there. Orlando Pace is out. They have so many of them out. Its terrrible.

Mike Martz- Has arguably the best offensive scheme in the NFL ever. Led one of the best offenses ever with a guy from the arena league. Kurt Warner and the Rams. Make Detroit one of the best offensive teams in the league with another no body QB Jon Kitna. He can make any offense the best. I would love to have him in Minnesota as the Head Coach. But would he be looking for a Head Coaching job this off season. If he is he's my first choice.

Leslie Frazier- Well anyone with our defense looks like a great defensive coordinator. Ithink we would have a much better defense if we had any type of offense that wouldn't get repeative 3 & outs and putting that defense on the feild for so long and always under the pressure that if they don't get the stop our offense can't answer. Leslie looks good and history tells us anyone we let leave will becomes a great head coach. I don't want him though.

Tim Moore- I don't think he'll leave Indy. Helped with the progress of peyton. He sure has a great offense there though but I think thats mostly Peyton Manning calling the plays and making the plays. I don't know much about Moore but Id say no. Its a possibility.

slick willy LeBeau- I like him. Pittsburgh defense is looking really good and a lot of dredit is to LeBeau but I also think a lot of credit also goes to Tomlin. When a defense looks discipline and dominent how can you not give credit to the defensive coordinator. I would be okay with LeBeau being our new head coach

Well there are the guys. If you have someone else in mind mention him and hopefully it's not Bevelle. haha.

EDIT:
    Weird, Censored LeBeau's first name.

"Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Re: Who will be the Minnesota Vikings Head Coach in '08???

After that being said...

My new adition to my master plan-We do badly. Maybe 4-12. Brad Childress is fired. We hire Gregg Williams (Martz or Cowher would be awesome as well). Gregg Williams trades Tarvaris Jackson. We sign Derek Anderson who's contract expires and Cleveland goes with Brady Quinn. Sign a decent average Tackle in Free Agency. We draft Matt Ryan with the 5th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft. After Ryan we get a dominent defensive tackle with our low 2nd to take over for Pat Williams in 2-3 years, the best guard in the draft in the 3rd to take over now and draft a ball hawking safety who isn't a project or something or a steal or whatever. Just a good player perferribly in the first day who can take over for Sharper in 2-3 years. And just like that we're one of the best teams in the NFL. Maybe sign another receiver but having 2 rookies, a 3rd year and a 4th year its okay to not draft a guy. In that 2-3 years we'll have some amazing receivers, A established quarterback in Matt Ryan who will be very well adjusted to the NFL. O-line will be dominent. Next draft get a center and maybe a Tackle. Defense. Lineman are kept young with drafting a guy. Linebackers are young now with greenway and Henderson. Maybe draft someone for Leber soon. Safetys are set with our replacement for Sharper. CBs are a second year a promising rookie and Winfeild. We're set. Minnesota Vikings in Super bowl VL???
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It all depends on...

who Zygi is willing to pay

who is willing to come here

and how much Zygi loves Baldy

LOL! Slick Willy LeBeau.

Linehan might be worse then Childress so that is a no to him.....

So pretty much the only people that I dont want on that list is Childress,Linehan and I think Frazier should just stay a D-coordinator. I dont like LeBeau that much either but all of the other candidates you listed would be great!

I vote we make Spielman our head coach, GM, and "Vice President of Player Personel".

In all seriousness though, I lean towards Martz.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I hate to say it, but Childress will probably be back next year...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Not to argue or contradict, but didn't Washington give up 52 points today?
    :-

"baumy300" wrote:
    Not to argue or contradict, but didn't Washington give up 52 points today?
    :-\

Yes they did. Throw Williams off the list of candidates I think will be good.

Who is New England's OC and DC?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I would take a 4th grade class making collective decisions over Brad Childress...

However, if there is a 4th grade class around, you can probably bet that Chilly isn't far away... wearing an oversized trenchcoat... hiding behind a tree.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast