Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I am seeing

Harvin------lock
    Simpson----lock
    Childs------lock
    Wright------lock
    Jenkins-----High probability if healthy
    Burton------hopefully as good as early reports
    I would rather see Arceneaux than Aromashodu as the 3 week fill-in for Simpson. I thought Shodu dropped to many easy passes last year. At least Arceneaux could get a little screen time to further his career.
    Interesting, I don't see our 3rd/4th round being locks by any means, especially Childs who has had a serious injury and under performed last season in college.

thomas14 is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I bet we carry 6 WRs.
    And throw to 3 of them..

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    This is like asking what taste better a Shit & cheese sandwich or a cheese & shit sandwich. When I look around the league and then look at our WR corps...we might have the worst WR corps in the league. Only the Browns or Rams might be worst. It is an improvement from last season though. However, next season I hope we spend a pick on Roberts Woods

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    Interesting, I don't see our 3rd/4th round being locks by any means, especially Childs who has had a serious injury and under performed last season in college.
    Guess you hit that one J14. Childs is no longer a lock. Now who makes the roster in his place?

Harvin, Simpson, Wright.
    Sounds as though Jenkins has slowed down. I really do not want to see Aromashodu again.
    We will likely keep 6 until Simpson returns.
    Burton? Walters? Arceneaux?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Outside of Harvin, Aromashodu was the only receiver who showed any flashes of talent. Jenkins was mediocre and hurt, Wright? Burton? Sweet flaming fuck, are we in such a dire position we consider these types of players to be locks to make the team?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    People people people, you have to take a few things into account when you look at these things....

Number one being the scheme. First, we won't need 6 WR's on the roster because we don't use them as much as we use TE's.

Number two being, you have to look at each receiver, see where they fit in the scheme and then see who is ahead of them on the depth chart.......

· Split end (X or SE): A receiver on the line of scrimmage, necessary to meet the rule requiring seven such players at snap. Where applicable, this receiver is on the opposite side of the tight end. The split end is farthest from center on his side of the field.

81 Simpson, Jerome WR 6-2 190 (Lock)
    19 Aromashodu, Devin WR 6-2 201 (Could be a casualty to team getting younger)
    2 Jorden, Kamar WR 6-1 203 (Played X in college but did line up as a Z as well)
    87 Love, A.J. WR 6-2 205 (Been dropped, cleared waivers and was resigned again. Probably gone)

· Flanker (Z or FL): A receiver lining up behind the line of scrimmage. Frequently the team's featured receiver, the flanker uses the initial buffer between himself and a defender to avoid jamming, legal contact within five yards of the line of scrimmage. The flanker is generally on the same side of the formation as a tight end. As with the split end, this receiver is the farthest player from the center on his side of the field. The flanker is probably lined up just like a split end except that he is just behind the line of scrimmage, being in the backfield and not on the line.

11 Burton, Stephen WR 6-1 221 (Can Play X – I say he makes the team and fills in for Simpson)
    84 Jenkins, Michael WR 6-4 214 (Could be a casualty to team getting younger)
    16 Arceneaux, Emmanuel WR 6-2 211 (Can Play X – If he shows something in the next game or two he makes the team. If not Jenkins makes it.)

· Slot receiver (Y or SL): A less-formal name given to receivers in addition to split ends and flankers (for example tight-ends who line up wide). These receivers line up between the split end/flanker and the linemen. If aligned with a flanker, the slot receiver is usually on the line of scrimmage, and if with a split end, off the line of scrimmage. As with the flanker position, a featured receiver often takes a slot position with a split end to avoid jamming.

12 Harvin, Percy WR 5-11 184 (Lock)
    17 Wright, Jarius WR 5-10 180 (Draft Pick Lock)
    15 Taylor, Kerry WR 6-0 197 (Undrafted – AZ kid, probably makes it to the PS)
    13 Walters, Bryan WR 6-0 190 (You have to wonder why the Chargers let him go, assume he is another camp body).

Having said that.....my guess, ..... we go with 5 on the final roster and play one short for the first 3 games.
    X
    81 Simpson, Jerome WR 6-2 190
    11 Burton, Stephen WR 6-1 221

Z (TE's will be more important in this role)
    16 Arceneaux, Emmanuel WR 6-2 211

Y
    12 Harvin, Percy WR 5-11 184
    17 Wright, Jarius WR 5-10 180

Position descriptions provided by.....Wikipedia
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Michael Jenkins is taking precautions for his roster status.

Source: Michael Jenkins takes pay cut in hopes of staying with Vikings | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

According to NFL sources, Jenkins agreed last week to renegotiate the two years remaining on his contract and reduce his 2012 base salary from $2.5 million to $1 million. His 2013 salary also was reduced, from $2.5 million to $825,000.
    Has it secured him a spot or will he still get cut?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Outside of Harvin, Aromashodu was the only receiver who showed any flashes of talent. Jenkins was mediocre and hurt, Wright? Burton? Sweet flaming fuck, are we in such a dire position we consider these types of players to be locks to make the team?

Aromashodu did not outplay Arceneaux in camp last year.He got the nod because he had NFL experience whereas Arceneaux had CFL experience. Otherwise they were equal. I saw enough EASY catches dropped by Aroma last year to tell me give Arceneaux a shot. Aroma made some nice catches, but the inconsistency drove me to scream at the TV on occasion. (Not trying to pick on your post, BTW). Just disagree on Aroma.
    Wright is a lock. He was drafted this year and no one wants to say they screwed the pooch. I liked Jenkins last year, but that may be because it was in comparison to the rest of our receiving corps. I hope Burton looks as good in season as everyone has said he looks in camps. Overall, I am not as convinced as Marr that we are fine at WR. Hope I am wrong and Marty is right.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by FuadFan View Post
    Michael Jenkins is taking precautions for his roster status.

Source: Michael Jenkins takes pay cut in hopes of staying with Vikings | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

Has it secured him a spot or will he still get cut?
    Likely means he is in. Unless there is some advantage for a team to cut a salary before cutting a player that I am not aware of.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Harvin
    Jenkins
    Simpson
    Wright
    Burton

If they keep six they would probably have Aromashadu as well. Nobody else has really shown anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12