Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Who Will Emerge In Vikings Passing Game

[size=14pt]Time To Step Up![/size]
    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_acloserlook122807.aspx

The blueprint followed by most defenses recently is to stack the line against Adrian Peterson and the overwhelming Vikings running game and instead make quarterback Tarvaris Jackson win games with his arm.

While San Francisco was unsuccessful with this strategy, both Chicago and Washington found the strategy to be effective; only Washington was able to come away with a victory.

So, come Sunday the Vikings should expect to again see that same anti-Adrian Peterson strategy. The only catch is, Denver doesn’t play against the run very well. In fact, there are only two NFL teams who are more inept against a ground assault....Now, if Denver is able to stifle the Vikings on the ground, Jackson and the receivers must be up to the challenge. The best way to free up a grounded run game is to attack successfully and precisely through the air, so here is a look at four of the Vikings receivers who will might have an opportunity to step up on Sunday and become factors in the outcome...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Who Will Emerge In Vikings Passing Game

Well it certainly looks like it won't be Randy Moss. We dumped that washed up has-been just in time.

TheVike is offline Rookie

I disagree respectfully should ve kept him the whole time...he IS a better person than the media wants us to believe tus the only receiver threat we had had since AC
    Need to let The Ksaucer and AP And Taylor get in big time in sort passing game to try and break one for other wise TJ is SCARED to death back there and has always been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JMHO

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The reason they don't play against the run very well is because they....
    Well have lots of reasons....

a.
    They are a defense that is designed to play side line to side line.

b.
    Because of the design the only way to achieve that is to sacrifice size for speed.
    c.
    Most teams have bigger faster OL these days.
    d.
    After being pounded on by these bigger OL they wear down and start giving up big chunks.

A wise man would keep pounding the rock at thier D as long as the game was close and try to exploit thier weakness and that is that they can't deal with a bigger, stronger OL that is designed to run a ZB scheme such as ours that runs the ball off guard and off tackle in an effort for the back to chose his whole off of one cut.

OL will get on them quick, our RB's will make a quick cut and we will chew yards up on them all day.

Of course all that will go out the window if our QB decides to throw the ball to the wrong players when/if he gets to throw the damn thing.

(I'm sorry Uffda/EJ, I know I promised not to ping on TJ.
    I've been pretty good about it in my last few posts.
    ;D)

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

a.

b.
    Because of the design the only way to achieve that is to sacrifice size for speed.
    c.
    d.
    After being pounded on by these bigger OL they wear down and start giving up big chunks.

A wise man would keep pounding the rock at thier D as long as the game was close and try to exploit thier weakness and that is that they can't deal with a bigger, stronger OL that is designed to run a ZB scheme such as ours that runs the ball off guard and off tackle in an effort for the back to chose his whole off of one cut.

OL will get on them quick, our RB's will make a quick cut and we will chew yards up on them all day.

Of course all that will go out the window if our QB decides to throw the ball to the wrong players when/if he gets to throw the damn thing.

;D)

LOL Yeh pretty soon you will be as bad as me Marr ;D

I hope they use allison more today. I think he will be a solid player for us for many seasons.
    He won't be one of those guys that is great at anything but does alot of things well and will make a biog play here and there.

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

a.

b.
    c.
    d.

Of course all that will go out the window if our QB decides to throw the ball to the wrong players when/if he gets to throw the gol 'darnit thing.

;D)

LOL Yeh pretty soon you will be as bad as me Marr ;D

I hope they use allison more today. I think he will be a solid player for us for many seasons.
    He won't be one of those guys that is great at anything but does alot of things well and will make a biog play here and there.
    Lord no my friend.
    At least I waiver back and forth.
    You have given up along time ago.
    ;D

Seriously though, take a look at how far he came along this year.
    Did you really think he would play anywere near as well as he did this year?

If he improves that much by the start of next year maybe, just maybe we might be set at the position that is the hardes to fix.

I have looked my friend, and short of breaking the bank for short term fix, there isn't much out there.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Marr hit it right, I believe. The Vikes will run the ball in the middle all day wearing out the Broncos. Then all the rubes here will be saying how unimaginative the Vikes play calling was.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Marr hit it right, I believe. The Vikes will run the ball in the middle all day wearing out the Broncos. Then all the rubes here will be saying how unimaginative the Vikes play calling was.
    And will only because they didn't listen to me.

Win or loose, it is the right way to attack that defense.
    If we loose it will be because we made mistakes in other areas or our blockers didn't block (I include TE's, FB's, and WR's in that group) adn our QB didn't make the throws when/if he is called to do it.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Well it certainly looks like it won't be Randy Moss. We dumped that washed up has-been just in time.
    Gotta just let it go and be happy for the guy in NE. He is only playing awsome because he has a hall of fame QB throwing it to him. Everyone saw what happened in Raider land. It just would've been the same over here. Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be.

Pounding the ball and staying with it would be the best thing to do. Like you said Marrdro, be patient and reap the rewards later on in the second half. If we do this, however, I can just read all the bull**** that will be posted on the live chat board.

If TJ can just relax and not press so much, he may regain his composure. Three and outs aren't so bad compared to ints. Have the coaches been giving him some hot reads across the middle against the "stacking" D? Why don't we let one of our TEs chip off the line and then release for a quick one or two step drop for TJ? Have we been doing anything like this Marrdro?

TheVike is offline Rookie

Let s all be serious and have a reality check here ok!!!
    We have not had ONE songle player emerge in the passing game all year...will NOT be any different today sadly!
    Course hoping otherwise tho ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast