Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Articnv is offline Coach

Re: Who will be the Bears QB by the time we play?

I believe it will be Rex. Last week Orton couldnt thru a TD pass against the inury plauged packers. The bears defnse is geting it done but if they want to go any were they need a better spark in there offonse and orton dosnt porvide that spark like a healthy rex can

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Orton will start against Pitt and if he screws up they will put in Rex, he will be the starting QB until he gets hurt again. I do not want him to be the QB against us when we play them for the division title, he has had good games against us!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and they had a quote from a Bears coach (not sure if it was Lovie or someone else) and they said he would be #2 QB this Sunday vs. the Steelers I believe, and he said if the offense was stumbling in a close game Grossman would be in right away. My friend is a big Bears fan and I watched all their games with him, and from what I saw from Grossman he did a great job with basically nothing around him on offense. I'd be much more worried that if by week 17 Grossman was in with a couple of weeks of starts under his belt.
    I would be worried too, even if it is his first game back. He has done fine against us up to the point where he gets injured. He is a decent QB, and I don't think a proactive coach waits until Orton screws up to replace him. I think Lovie is just waiting until Rex is game ready. If Lovie has to jumpstart that because of an Orton blunder game, then I think he will.

I am assuming that both Orton and Grossman have the same leadership skills and command respect equally from their players.

Prophet Guest

Grossman's return thickens Bears' quarterback plot. Dec. 7, 2005.

A few excerpts from the article:

"All I know is this: I look at our record and he's our quarterback and you have to put that in the equation somewhere."

Coach Lovie Smith echoed Angelo's sentiments, repeatedly ending answers about the situation with reference to the Bears' 9-3 record. That said, it is Smith who publicly challenged Orton for two straight days after a performance against Green Bay that netted 68 passing yards and a 23.7 quarterback rating.

Grossman saw those statistics, too, and he responded to one question about the passing game in general_not Orton specifically_as a competitor, not a controversy-maker.

"I definitely think we've left some points and yards on the field," Grossman said. "There's a lot of room for improvement.
    "Kyle missed some throws," Turner said. "We hadn't seen a lot of teams playing press man on us. But I don't think it's a matter of him looking over his shoulder and pressing."

If Orton did, Grossman would be there. He has worked tirelessly to rehabilitate his ankle, a schedule that still brings him in on off days for an entire day of work. He said an extra insole and better tape job have helped improve his mobility.

The quarterback situation is equally fluid.

"It's not a distraction," Grossman said. "I'm preparing as if I'm playing. If that happens to be the case Sunday, then I'm ready."
    Who will be the QB? I really don't care. The defense is the scary part of the Bears team. I just hope their offense stays low-key.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

Who will be the QB? I really don't care. The defense is the scary part of the Bears team. I just hope their offense stays low-key.
    I don't care until week 17.........but with that said, it does matter.

With Orton, all a team playing the Bears has to do is NOT turn over the ball and you have a chance to win. With Grossman, I think you have to play to score on the Bears because he will make plays that Orton is not and has not. Grossman may also put himself in a position to make TOs himself but he is going to move the ball better. That is just my opinion.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

They said it's Orton's job.. Why would they change something that has been working? I don't see them doing that.. Although I believe Grossman is better they will not bench Orton yet

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I don't care until week 17.........but with that said, it does matter.

With Orton, all a team playing the Bears has to do is NOT turn over the ball and you have a chance to win. With Grossman, I think you have to play to score on the Bears because he will make plays that Orton is not and has not. Grossman may also put himself in a position to make TOs himself but he is going to move the ball better. That is just my opinion.

A good opionion it is. I feel the same way, if Orton is in .. play it safe and will win. Rex, the "O" has to take more chances and that is playing right into the Bears "D" and what they want.

Rex will come in this week or start next week ... Lovie and his staff has to know that Orton will not take them deep into the playoffs and Rex needs a couple of games to get back into it ... Maybe even be ready for us when the division is on the line !!!!

Prophet Guest

Let them put their best roster together. We'll beat them with our backups, a great way to rub salt in the wound.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I with the early post Orton shave that crap off your face.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

With Orton at the helm the Offense is awful and definately not a threat for quick strikes and I would love to have him still in there come Jan 1st. Grossman has much more potential, more experience, and is more accurate. I hope they keep the philosophy of "if its not broke why fix" and Orton keeps his job. But if they are going to replace him with grossman I want to see that change happen ASAP so we have some film on him.. just like SIA mentioned.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast