Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Who will be the Bears QB by the time we play?

I was thinking about this last weekend when I was watching the Bears game and seeing how bad Orton looked in the game (but still the 2nd worst QB performance in the game). Knowing that Grossman is supposedly healthy enough to play now.

But then I thought you know even though Orton is stinking it up, they are winning and will they make a change at QB when the team keeps winning. I decided that they likely would not make that change if the W's keep coming.

Then I saw tonight on Sports Center on 4 downs with Clayton and Salisbury they pondered the same question. And Sean thought that they would make a change within 2 weeks.

I wonder who will be starting for them by that week.

ps I was sitting in a bar in Augusta, GA tonight (just a few blocks from ANGC but I digress) and I figured out the guy two down from me was a Bears fan, and I was listening in on him and his buddy talking about the Vikings. I thought for a split second about going "Ned"on him, then I realized that he had backup and I didnt know a soul in town, probably not a good idea. So instead I struck up a converstion with him, and he turned out to be a decent guy.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Who will be the Bears QB by the time we play?

Maybe Joe Thiesman will get a call and get in the game so then we can break his toher leg in 3 places
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I can't see the Bears benching Orton for Grossman. for one Grossman hasn't played all season long and he was at best decent when he was healthy. also Orton has lead the bears to one of the better records in the NFC so i can't seem them benching Orton for having a bad game.

Thanks Josdin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think it will be Grossman. I have been thinking about this happening for a couple of weeks now. You hear the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but if you look at how Rex has played in the past, then I would have to say incomparison, this offense is broken. Also, Grossman has more experience. The only thing that would worry me as a Bears fan or coach, is how long it would take to get him back in the game mentally. Bench the Polk High School/Purdue Uni kid and put in Rex.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I doubt they actually would bench Orton for Grossman that is more likely though then Rodgers getting any playing time over Favre.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Who cares we are going to trample them anyway. Just like this little bear cub

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/939.html

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

orton is the man until the bears lose.
    and nice vid btw
    We're bringing purple back.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I think your right SnowinApril. I have been thinking the same thing. Grossman just plain flat brings more to the table for the Bears. Orton saved their season, and they won't really wanna change, but a loss and its Grossman. (like Gregair said).

I have a good friend who has been a bears fan for a quarter century. He says that Orton is on a short leash. He is assuming that Grossman will start soon. Again, I think that is good thinking, and how it will go.

I really, really, really, hope it happens a few games before we play them on Jan. 1st. The sooner the better. More tape to see what he is gonna do, more time to figure out how to stop them with him. Orton...I am not too concerned, Grossman....could be trouble.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"Turboe" wrote:
    I was sitting in a bar in Augusta... and I figured out the guy two down from me was a Bears fan... I thought for a split second about going "Ned"on him...
    :sign5:

I don't care who the Bears Quarterback will be, I just wish Orton would shave off that pre-teen mustache. Jake the Snake can get away with a 'stache but not Kyle.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and they had a quote from a Bears coach (not sure if it was Lovie or someone else) and they said he would be #2 QB this Sunday vs. the Steelers I believe, and he said if the offense was stumbling in a close game Grossman would be in right away. My friend is a big Bears fan and I watched all their games with him, and from what I saw from Grossman he did a great job with basically nothing around him on offense. I'd be much more worried that if by week 17 Grossman was in with a couple of weeks of starts under his belt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast