COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Who/What are the Vikings????

OK, we're 2-2. We could just as easily be 4-0 or 0-4. We played the Bears as tough as anyone has this season and beaten a couple of tough pre-season picks.
    Our defense so far has been the silver-lining to this team. They have been absolutely great. But as great as they have been the offense has not held up their pre-season publicity at all.
    So, if the Vikes tromp all over the Lions (which I think they will) and the offensive line opens some gaping holes (which I think they will), is that going to change you assessment of the Vikes or will the jury still be out to lunch.
    What the heck is the makeup of this team in your estimation?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Who/What are the Vikings????

See my column "Shocking View" soon - I'l have my answer in there.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The assessment will always be bad for us.

Even when we were 15-1 it was all about Jamal Anderson, Terell Davis, and John Elway, and not only during the playoffs.

If we beat the Steelers or the Pats in the Super Bowl, it would be more about them losing than us winning.

The media hates us, and I'm sure no matter how much we win by on sunday all they'll say is "Well, its only the Lions" even though they give the Bears all the credit in the world for beating them.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

If we win the Super Bowl, it won't be how good we were it will be all the mistakes we made and how much better we could have won with once in a blue moon and fumble fingers.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"WVV" wrote:
    If we win the Super Bowl, it won't be how good we were it will be all the mistakes we made and how much better we could have won with once in a blue moon and fumble fingers.
    If we win the Superbowl, it doesn't matter how much better we could have won it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

divisional games are ALWAYS tougher. these teams know each other, and obviously this game IMO isnt going to be a blowout like some people think and assume.

i hope our offense steps it up big time, and brad has to get it done in the air. the lions front 7 is decent enough w/ rogers anchoring it all, but their secondary is definately their weak spot we need to exploit.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK, we're 2-2. We could just as easily be 4-0 or 0-4. We played the Bears as tough as anyone has this season and beaten a couple of tough pre-season picks.
    Our defense so far has been the silver-lining to this team. They have been absolutely great. But as great as they have been the offense has not held up their pre-season publicity at all.
    So, if the Vikes tromp all over the Lions (which I think they will) and the offensive line opens some gaping holes (which I think they will), is that going to change you assessment of the Vikes or will the jury still be out to lunch.
    What the heck is the makeup of this team in your estimation?

Jury still out.
    Either way with the Lions.
    True test, game after bye week against the "Sea Chickens" .... Bears trounced them, I want to see how we do ... Then we have the Bears and SeaChickens games to judge what kind of team we really have.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    The assessment will always be bad for us.

Even when we were 15-1 it was all about Jamal Anderson, Terell Davis, and John Elway, and not only during the playoffs.

If we beat the Steelers or the Pats in the Super Bowl, it would be more about them losing than us winning.

The media hates us, and I'm sure no matter how much we win by on sunday all they'll say is "Well, its only the Lions" even though they give the Bears all the credit in the world for beating them.

exactly right about the bears and the media hating us.... they had the bears moved up to like a #5 or 6 spot in most power rankings after they beat up on the packers and lions...2 of the worst teams in the league. we go and beat carolina and washington and they still have us at like #15

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

You guys are all cynical bastards.

If the Vikings won the Super Bowl this year it would be the sports story of the year.

1. A franchise that has never won a Super Bowl
    2. A team that finally ditched offensive success for defense, proving the old adage, "Defense wins championships."
    3. Childress winning a Super Bowl in his first year as head coach. (Has that ever been done before?)
    4. Brad Johnson
    5. Chester Taylor stepping up big in his first year as a full time starter.

Be positive. Optimism is an intellectual choice.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!