Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: who wants pep to return?

i saw something somewhere that said somehting like this

if you take all of the passes cpep threw to moss last year, and make them incomplete he would still have something like a

65% completion
    3900 yards
    29is TD's
    very high 90's passer rating

based on these numbers, it is clearly not the lack off moss that caused his bad production, it was the O line, and the O coordinator.

people say "o johnson turned this team around, o he won the games for the vikes", but thats not totally true, at the same time johnson took over, our O line started to look like they knew what they were doing out there and our running game started up, which are the two things a QB needs around him to succeed.

i think if Cpep had not been injured we would have the same record as we do now, but we'd have a higher ranked Offense.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

amen i bleed purple

SamDawg84 Guest

y not have daunte return? he is a top qb in the league. if people dont want him back they must be dence.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i agree with most of what everybody is saying except for the o-line part. johnson is winning games with the same o-line and same rbs. i hope Pep comes back and is better than he ever was but it's a long road ahead for him

Thanks Josdin

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

dude i want him back soooooooo bad. It was so much fun watching this guy play, he can definitely change a game. He is 10000 times more fun than brad, but as long as you win thats all that matters.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I want Culpepper to stay, too...as long as he can show that he's not suffering from his hangover of losing both his go-to #1 HOF-bound receiver AND his Offensive Coordinator in the same offseason. Honestly, I can't imagine why ANY qb would suffer under those circumstances.

(tiny drop of sarcasm)

COJOMAY brought up a good point, though, about the extent of Pep's healing process, considering the nature of his injury. That kind of damage to Pep's knee probably shaved a good few years off of his career (not to mention, hurt his trade value). Shaun Hill is a career 3rd-string QB, and Johnson, as good as he is for us right now, is on the downswing of his career. Taking our depth into consideration, it wouldn't be a bad idea to use a mid-round pick on a QB or fish around in Free Agency for someone who'd be patient enough to bide his time in a back-up position for a few more years.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK, I got some mixed thoughts about this...
    I don't know if many of you read the article about Kleinsasser in the Tribune today but after having one ligement torn he's back this year and still playing in pain. The article says:
    Kleinsasser wasn't a guy to make excuses before he was forced to miss the 2004 season and he isn't about to start now. Even getting him to admit that fully recovering from an ACL injury is a two-year process -- something acknowledged by many, including Kleinsasser's coach -- is hard work.
    "The first year you battle through it," said Vikings coach Mike Tice, a former tight end himself. "The second year you come back, and you're back to normal. That's normal for that injury."
    OK, now Culpepper tore THREE ligaments, including the same one as Kleinsasser. So what makes anyone here think he's gonna be an asset next year? And what makes you think he's gonna be the runner he was before?
    I love Pep, I really do and I think he's a great QB. But I worry about Brad getting hurt and not having a real good 100% healthy QB next year. I think we gotta make a trade or draft and I'd rather see us make a trade for someone proven rather than go through the whole learning process.
    Willis McGahee came back and he's just fine...so, yes I want Pep back!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I want Daunte back today tomorrow and until they put his bust on Canton. I think of it this way we have a QB who might be rehabing from a injury but is just now entering his prime. His numbers last year were just the begining sure it is nice to have Moss around, but let us not forget that last year had two other noteable differences

No Birk or Dixon

As some of you have realized O lineman are my favorite type of playes and the reason is because they are so damn important Give Daunte good protection and we will see a return to form of 2004

Also for those who argue the vikes went 4 - 4 without moss. I might add we went 4 - 4 without Moss as well. I pin those losses on the D who couldn't stop a MAC conference team last year and I'm not thinking Marshall or someone I'm thinking the Akron zips!

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

I would like D.C. back, because I think Brad could use a good backup. Right now we don't have a good backup. D.C. is more fun to watch as some people have alluded to, and he did put up bigger numbers. However, Brad is undefeated with the same team that D.C. was 2-5 with. Anybody who can't see that needs to have their head examined. This league is about putting up wins, not stats. The national media has caught on now as well. Culpepper was to fast and loose with the ball, it led to too many turnovers. I realize we are in the softer part of our schedule, but the difference in how we are playing with Brad compared to Culpepper is like night and day, and you can't tell me thats all coincidence. I'm not worried about Pepper not being the same after his injury, because I feel he can make a full recovery, I'm just more worried about his ability to read a defense as well as he needs to in this offense.

Brad could be putting up better numbers than he is right now but we've gone so conservative on offense. Once we get a couple of scores we don't even try to score anymore. We just hand it off up the gut and hope our defense can hold them. So far we have been able to get away with it, but sooner or later Tice will need to let Brad throw down field a bit more. He is already letting him do that more than he was. But even yesterday after we scored a few TD's it was like we stopped trying to score.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I think it is unfair to compare 5 games by Brad vs. 5 years with Culpepper. I mean, remember when Culpepper started, there was no film of him, so he threw all over defenses. I think as soon as the NFC North gets used to Brad, he might also fall off. Let's face it, C-pepper had the 5th best NFL season by any QB ever, and it wasn't due to Moss (who, by the way, has looked really mediocre at Oakland).

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast