Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: who wants pep to return?

If Elway ever had an injury like this do you think the Bronco's fans would be wanting a new QB?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Come on Woo, I know you are new. But you must keep CPep .... It is the right thing to do !!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    If Elway ever had an injury like this do you think the Bronco's fans would be wanting a new QB?
    No, but I have noticed that like 9 out of ten people do not like Daunte at all when he does something bad. And if one thing goes wrong he is the first player that people tend to jump on. I don't know why that is. The past few years I have been very confused with it. Even last year if he would do something wrong people would just get absolutely pissed at him, but if Moss dropped a ball they would just be like oh, thats ok randy, just shake it off.

He is the only awsome quarterback in the NFL that I know of that people will jump on so quickly to blame him when things go wrong. Why that is, I don't know. Anyone else notice this.

When other qb's make mistakes there fans still support them, but not Culpepper. And when Favre makes a mistake all the fans still love him because everyone thinks that he is God, but that is a completely different story.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

THANK YOU COREY CHAVOUS 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made the point that ive always been thinking about. Mcchoke screws up so bad this year, but nobody ever points a finger at him. Culpepper is a proven qb and he scored without moss last year. This guy is defnitely more of a threat than Vick and is only second to Manning, but who knows what dc would be like if he was on indy and had the best coaching, top 5 o line, and an excellent supporting cast of backs and receivers around him.

Prophet Guest

"napo58" wrote:
    THANK YOU COREY CHAVOUS 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made the point that ive always been thinking about. Mcchoke screws up so bad this year, but nobody ever points a finger at him. Culpepper is a proven qb and he scored without moss last year. This guy is defnitely more of a threat than Vick and is only second to Manning, but who knows what dc would be like if he was on indy and had the best coaching, top 5 o line, and an excellent supporting cast of backs and receivers around him.
    Short memories. The best I can tell is the Vikes were 4-4 without Moss in 2004 and racked up plenty of points in most of those battles.

What you failed to mention is the challenged coaching staff.

If Culpepper comes back in '06 and stinks it up then do some shopping. The talk of drafting a QB seems a bit ridiculous to me at this point. There are plenty of other weaknesses that need to be addressed.

If Culpepper comes back strong the Vikes are in good shape. If he comes back gasping for air we need a coaching staff that is conscious enough to realize what is going on so they can adjust the offense to the situation, or plug in BJ for another year and then go on the active hunt for a long-term QB.

I'm banking on Culpepper coming back another year wiser and am looking forward to him supplementing his experience with his athleticism and leading the team to the promised land.

------------------------

Added later....

In 2004, correct me if I'm wrong, but after a quick glance back there were eight Moss-less games resulting in a 4-4 record during that time.

Daunte tossed for 4717 yds and 39 TDs with 11 Ints. HOF #s.

During his career with the Vikes as a starter 2002 was a scary year for Ints. and 2005 was a horrid year for a plethora of reasons that we have discussed so much that it is beyond annoying. I'm sure we'll rehash this discussion another 100+ times before the 2006 season starts.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

OK, I got some mixed thoughts about this...
    I don't know if many of you read the article about Kleinsasser in the Tribune today but after having one ligement torn he's back this year and still playing in pain. The article says:
    Kleinsasser wasn't a guy to make excuses before he was forced to miss the 2004 season and he isn't about to start now. Even getting him to admit that fully recovering from an ACL injury is a two-year process -- something acknowledged by many, including Kleinsasser's coach -- is hard work.
    "The first year you battle through it," said Vikings coach Mike Tice, a former tight end himself. "The second year you come back, and you're back to normal. That's normal for that injury."
    OK, now Culpepper tore THREE ligaments, including the same one as Kleinsasser. So what makes anyone here think he's gonna be an asset next year? And what makes you think he's gonna be the runner he was before?
    I love Pep, I really do and I think he's a great QB. But I worry about Brad getting hurt and not having a real good 100% healthy QB next year. I think we gotta make a trade or draft and I'd rather see us make a trade for someone proven rather than go through the whole learning process.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pep has the ability of ANY QB in the league.. Give him time and he will make the throws.. Simple as that.. Not to mention he can scramble.. Put any QB behind our line and they would do the same Pep did

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

I want him to return........no question about it.

He has struggled this year, but I think he has already proven his talent from previous years.

EVEN THE BEST FALL DOWN SOMETIMES

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Pep needs to return....as far as the injury limiting his mobility....no big deal. He is not a RB or a WR or someone that needs to be extremely mobile. Look through history at great QB' and you will see they are not extremely mobile, just mobile enough to get out of trouble.

Give him a line with some protection, and a running game, and a OC, and I think life will be grand.

SKOL

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

ME! ME! ME! ME! I want him back!

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast