Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Culpepper

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16368

This is what you are looking for.

vikroc84 is offline Waterboy

Right.........I'm talking about the future, not just this year.

Del Rio Guest

No your saying the same thing that has been said in the thread I linked you to. I think you would get a better conversation in the thread that is established.

I don't really get what you're trying to say anyways. QB's don't line up in the slot. He is one of the better scrambling QB's in the league.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: who wants pep to return?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm not going to argue with anyone, but I will say that the people who think the line is magically blocking and that the team is all of a sudden so much better are just fooling themselves.

The line is blocking gol 'darnit near the same. As stated before in week 1 and 2 and 3 and...........there were pockets, there was protection.

It's not magic that a team plays well when the ball is not turned over, when the quarterback is giving them a chance to win. Its hard to be on defense and get excited about it when you know your QB is going to turn the ball over. You get a big stop your building momentum and BOOM your back on the field. Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat.

Newsflash Daunte is not God. He sucked donkey balls this season big time. The fact of the matter is this we are a better team without him right now. 5 in a row does not lie. The team has embraced Brad, the team has the mentality that he will not screw them over and things are chugging along nicely.

Of course I think Daunte could have done this as well if Tice would have changed the game plan to more running, and shorter faster routes BUT NO WE HAVE DAUNTE!!!! Lets bomb it, lets bomb it, lets bomb it, lets run a draw. It's bad coaching.

If we still have the same coaches I highly doubt they will keep the plan the way it is. Tice will try to change it again to accomadate what he thinks Daunte can do, what you ALL think he can do because he did it once upon a time when he had a great O-line, when he had the best WR in the NFL, when he had a tremendous QB coach whom he liked very much.

I can't hang my hat on potential, I can only appreciate production. If Daunte can recover and come back then great if he sucks then sit your jiggly butt on the pine. This conversation is not tedious, this debate is not over done it is the undying loyalty to a player that is getting old. The idea that the guy can do no wrong and the totally turned eye when it comes to facing facts. The belief that the team magically got better on all fronts when the guy that was turning the ball over 3+ times a game left......

Like I said a big part of why we are winning is because the style has changed. I like the new style it's what a lot of people including myself have been screaming for. That style has developed not because of the team but because Tice has it set in his mind what Brad can do, which is sad because these expectations are ALL that should ever be given to any QB.

DO not turn the ball over
    Move the chains
    Manage the clock
    Be a leader
    Well said Del Rio! :cheers: I agree 100%.

By the way I talked to some friends in Ogden and they said Prairie Schooner has the Walleye, not Timbermine. But, I'll still have a steak over fish any day.

Cheers
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

vikroc84 is offline Waterboy

Don't get your get your panties in a bunch, just giving opinion. I realize its not a slot....try and grasp what I'm saying.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikroc84" wrote:
    Don't get your get your panties in a bunch, just giving opinion. I realize its not a slot....try and grasp what I'm saying.
    POCKET? :wink:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"vikroc84" wrote:
    Right.........I'm talking about the future, not just this year.

Here again is my post from the other thread in case you missed it:

Ya know, I feel that if political threads are locked for being to "confrontational" and others for "to much skin showing pics", silly threads started on silly, insane topics such as this should be locked also * no sarcasism used*

What do you want?? Go out in F/A and get a washed up Vet or an unproved QB that sucked someplace else and attempt to cure his ego?? Or maybe draft a QB that has worse odds then the lotto at being a sucess ?? Come on people .... :roll:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Of course I think Daunte could have done this as well if Tice would have changed the game plan to more running, and shorter faster routes BUT NO WE HAVE DAUNTE!!!! Lets bomb it, lets bomb it, lets bomb it, lets run a draw. It's bad coaching.
    There is something wrong with "The Plan" when a guy that has had one of the highest completion percentages in the league in teh last 3-4 years comes into this year and stinks it up like he did. I don't think he will suck donkey balls next year if he gets back on the field. Hopefully, whoever the coaches are will go back and study what DC does best and implement that. There is nothing wrong with taking what is given, the dink and dunk as long as you can do the list below.....

"Del Rio" wrote:
    DO not turn the ball over
    Move the chains
    Manage the clock
    Be a leader
    DC made a point fo doing these things last season and did them well.

sorry to keep this thread going, just had to add my comments

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"vikroc84" wrote:

For one thing Vicroc84 this thread should be in the Vikes Forum not the general NFL one. Two it is probably best not to come on here and pi$$ off some of the guys that have been here a long time, especially one that goes by the name Del Rio! He will get even and he knows football and what he speaks of! So I would tone it down a little until you get more familiar with the site and some of the people on it.

Now what we do need to do is look at replacing Hill as the #3 QB and getting somebody in here next year to start looking at the number 2 position after next year. I would like to see the Vikes go after Shaub from Atlanta, kid has a good arm and has the intelligence to be a starter in the NFL!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"IL-Vike" wrote:
    My brother in Minnesota pointed out something I think is an important example. In the movie _Miracle_, Herb Brooks, the Minnesota Gopher hockey coach, goes through the process of picking out the Olympic hockey team. At first, none of the Olympic experts would go along with his ideas. They rated all of the players on paper and just chose the best ones according to their stats.

Brooks, on the other hand, sat up high in a press booth and watched the prospects practice. He sat there for only a couple of hours and made his list of his team.

All the experts were shocked that he would be so quick to choose, and that he would choose the players he did. His only backer said, "Herb, these are not the best players!"

He said, "No, but they will make the best team, and the only way to beat the Russians is with a team."

With Johnson, the Vikings are playing as a good team.

Damn I love that movie ... I'm gonna have to watch it again tonight ... :lol:

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast