Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who are the Vikings going to miss more?

Moss not doubt!! Don't really need a game plan if ya have Moss.. Just gotta throw it up over thier heads.. They can't jump with him gol-ly!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

While I don't see either moss or linehan being gone, as hurting our offense too badly, obviously Moss hurts more.

Loney isn't changing things much from linehan's system, which is good IMO. The only real problem with linehan was his play calling, not his plays. I can't see loney being as bad of a play caller as linehan was.

Moss will hurt us mostly in the running game, as will Birk. Luckily we are stacked at WR and his loss in the passing game won't be so bad. If our WR's can come out early in the year and be explosive, that will open the running game up for us as the year goes on. Look for us to be pass heavy to start the year and hopefully that will open up the running game for us as the season goes on. If it doesn't, we may be more pass heavy this year, then we were last year, if that is even possible.

SamDawg84 Guest

moss4sure. we dont need liney... we have shaun hill calling the plays :^)

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I put Linnehan, just because our replacement for him looks like a total bonehead....where Nate Burleson is at least a feasible replacement for Moss....Loney better step it up!!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

"hic-agvike77" wrote:
    I think Dante, Nate and company will it make very easy to forget those 2, by the end of this season neither will be missed :grin:
    yeah i agree with you 100%, plus i think loney is doing a great job so far

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    What don't you guys like about Linehan??? The guy's play-calling was perfect. Remember that genius play in the Seahawks game where they tricked everyone and Moss threw the ball for a touchdo...uh...never mind. :lol:
    While Linehan's playcalling was anything but perfect last season, the particular play you are referring to was as much Moss's fault as anyone. He didn't have to throw that lame duck pass. He used his own judgment on whether or not to let that one go. He chose to throw it. It was a call that could have worked under the right circumstances. The circumstances were not right, the play was performed, it failed. Moss shouldn't have thrown the ball.
    You can't really expect a wide receiver to distinguish between the defences and be able to tell whether or not to throw the ball. Quarterbacks work at that their whole life, and they still make mistakes with that. Throw into that the fact that Moss has been practicing this play and is excited to do it, and has never even really thought about throwing it away, you can't really blame Moss. The fact is, it wasn't the right call at the right time.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Everyone that was around when I signed up knows exactly how I feel about Linnyhand. My ulcer acts up like a volcano at the mention of his name.
    For those that say we wont miss Moss are being a little presumptuous. That guy brought so much to the table. He struck fear in the hearts of all DB's.
    Not saying that we cannot compensate for him in other ways but he did make defenses play us differently.
    I think we will also miss Dixon and of course Birk. But who knows maybe we will be okay. Dont forget it was Tice was the line coach for a few years while Denny was here.So we will be okay. Just not as spectacular without Moss. And who knows there, although the jump ball in the end zone may be a little lacking, Twill has some speed as he has proven so far.
    He musta took that Lester Hayes crash course I suggested too. :grin:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think if our running game gets anyworse it will be non-exsistant. It barely lives as it is.

I think if anything the loss of Moss will hurt us worse. I am not a fan of old linehan. He bottled up when we had the lead, took us away from what we did best and tried to manage clock which resulted in many ulcers across the world.
    No kidding man... when we started running the ball to kill some time all we'd get would be a 3 and out.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    I am just shocked that Brian Russell and Kenny Mixon haven't yet entered this discussion. :lol:
    What about the Whizzanator??? :lol:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i dont really think we will "miss" them really. but i will moss big plays thats about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast