Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

who should be the vikes RB?

i found this very interesting!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_336386_63&prov=citadel&type=lgns

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

I don't care who starts as long as they actually get the ball more.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Onterrio or Mewelde those too only...........draft picks for Moe and bennett and we could pick another RB in the late draft that could be a steal.
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

mark is offline Asst. Coach

I agree with harrison but I think it should be bennett.1200 yards and he was splitting carries for 5 weeks in 2002 and he hasent even hit his prime.We really cant go wrong with smith either
    <!--
    sig -->

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: who should be the vikes RB?

"vikes can do" wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_336386_63&prov=citadel&type=lgns

I think the story says it all, no?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikes can do" wrote:

I think the story says it all, no?
    been wondering why we havnt seen mewelde? that one play cant keep him in the doghouse forever. he is very elusive and reminds me of barry a little. a little. lol, not hanging any tags on him just yet.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"vikes can do" wrote:
    Everyone is in love with Bennett's break away speed. I like Moore myself.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

From the Pioneer Press: 12/31/04

Running men: Tice relishes his depth at running back, but he does sympathize with the backs. He said Michael Bennett and Onterrio Smith are both "absolutely starters" and that rookie Mewelde Moore showed that potential. "We're not a running football team," Tice said, noting Culpepper's 70 percent completion rate and depth at receiver as the offense's strengths. "We're not going to go out and run the ball 35 times a game. That's just the way it goes. "So the 18 to 20 carries you have, you have three guys fighting for them, and really two because Mewelde's just down the line." Tice acknowledged it's difficult to keep all of them happy but commended them for getting along and respecting one another.
    Tice doesn't expect to trade any of them. "You have to remember when you look at the problem, everyone will be speculating trade this guy, trade that guy. Trade this guy. I don't see that happened because how long does Moe (Williams) have?" Tice asked. "Once you lose Moe, you don't have that same (situation)."Williams is in his ninth NFL season and will be an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season, along with Bennett. Smith will be a restricted free agent after the 2005 season. Earlier this month, Tice said the Vikings would ride Smith down the stretch. But Tice added that Bennett did a remarkable job against Detroit on Dec. 19.

I can see his rationale by wanting to keep all of the running backs but the reality of the situation is that both Bennett and Smith are very good trade bait. We could end up really helping our defense by pawning one of these guys off to another team via trade in the off-season. I like them both but one has to go.
    Even babies know the difference.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Why not become a running team...Thats the best thing you can have in football...Being able to pound the ball...And then we can always throw it up to Moss and get his TD's when they are playing the run...WIth the run we keep our D off the feild and that is what we want right now....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Viking Update had kind of an interesting article regarding running backs, yards per carry, and games won when the player has a significant amount of carries, here's a few excerpts:

Over the last two years, in games Michael Bennett has not been a factor, the Vikings are 12-3. Pause for a moment and reflect on that number. In games during that same span that Bennett has more than a cursory role in, the Vikings are 5-11.

Some stats can be dismissed as anomalies. This one can’t. If two or more quarterbacks had such a disparity, there wouldn’t be a question about what direction a team would take. Should running back be any different?

The NFL likes to use the phrase “touches” when it pertains to running backs – the combination of rushing attempts and receptions. In a formula much less complicated than E=mc2, the touch numbers speak for themselves. Moore has 92 touches for 617 yards – a 6.7-yard per touch average. Smith has 151 touches for 890 yards – a 5.9-yard average. Bennett has 80 touches for 440 yards – a 5.5-yard average.

Do the math for yourself. Whether the benchmark is record or production, success hasn’t been found with Bennett as the backfield bell cow. In a game dissected by numbers, maybe the Vikings hopes shouldn’t be pinned on No. 23.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast