Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Abyss is offline Training Camp

Who should be the starting RB

I say Moore Cause he is Really impressing me with his speed and his plays on the field. But in my opinion i think they should bench Bennet and Williams and Have Smith and Moore the Star Running backs and used Moe and Michael for Returns now thats just my opinion does anyone agree with me?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett on returns...hmmm...interesting concept, kinda like back when Herschel used to run back kicks when he played for us...damn, I promised myself that I would try to forget those times...GRRR!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

Who should start ???

What a horrible predicament, :lol: We are so deep at Rb, this can only help us down the line. For the time being Moore should be starting, but as season rolls on then we shall see who is hot, cause we have all seen bennett on streaks, and S.O.D. on streaks. I believe this is our magical season we have all been waiting for. Been a fan since the 70's when we dominated, I see this team dominating for the next few years. :cheers:
    Go Vikes.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yes, Moore is the obviuos choice now. But, remember how impressed we were with Smith? They are both great backs in this system. Does Smith lose his spot because he was suspended? I do not have the answer for that. Definately trade Bennett. Injury prone players are not the type that you want around bitching and whining about playing time.
    The answer is Yes. He is at home with a sore behind from kicking himself in the ASS. When he should have been in MN helping his team. That is a bogus thing to do. To be suspended, you have to fail 3 time. That is a problem when you are playing a team sport. We would all be bitching at him if he was our only back, the fact that Moore has carried his weight deems Moore the starter. I gaurantee if Moore has a bong at home or friends that borrow his backpack, he has gotten rifd of the bong and the friend. I hope he realizes how lucky he is? Smith looses his spot not becasue he was suspended but because he let his team down.

I really don't think that Bennett will whine. I think he has more class than that. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I never got that indication. I think his desire to come back so fast was because he knew how good our other young backs were but I hope that he is a team player.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

This is really tuff, i've been a bennett suporter but moore is just awesome, he has more speed than i thought and breaks tackles like a MOFO. I hate to say this cause i like onterrio so much, but if i had to choose i guess it would be him. Bennett does not want to leave Minn and hes focused on playing for the Vikings. He said "Minn is my home i do not want to leave, my family is here" I like hearing that. Moore is so focused, hes got quite the future ahead of him. Onterrio is smoking dope, is he gonna quit or should we ship his a$$ off. Tuff decisions when everyone gets healthy but i got to give the nod to THE ROCK.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who should start ???

"Vikingryche" wrote:
    What a horrible predicament, :lol: We are so deep at Rb, this can only help us down the line. For the time being Moore should be starting, but as season rolls on then we shall see who is hot, cause we have all seen bennett on streaks, and S.O.D. on streaks. I believe this is our magical season we have all been waiting for. Been a fan since the 70's when we dominated, I see this team dominating for the next few years. :cheers:
    Go Vikes.
    Even back then, we didn't have such an embarassment of riches at RB as we do now (unless Marinaro counts...LOL)...if only the defense can catch up with the offense, we would have all the tools (and adequate backups) to win the Super Bowl. It can never hurt us to have that kind of depth at RB, as Denver has proven in the past!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The one problem with a sprinter back is that they need tons of carries. (Robert Smith was a little more of the sprinter back than Bennett. Bennett is in between R Smith and Moore. Bennett doesn't need to wait as long for the whole he can bang a little)When they get tons of carries, they break one and look really good.

Bennett wouldn't do well in the split time situation becasue he needs (not lots) more carries.

Moss Deep is offline Rookie

Consider me on the MM Bandwagon :thumbright:
    Yo quiero pancakes. Donnes-moi pancakes. Click-click-bloody-click pancakes!

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Hey, if you think about it we really don't need to get rid of any of them. It is estimated that we are gonna be 30mil below the cap after this year, so why couldn't we just sign all three of them and then have the best RB core in the league as well as the best WR core in the league? Now as much as i love Moe Williams I think that we could get rid of him, and keep the other three. I think that we all have seen that you can't have too many good RB's. Just look at this year, we are now at our third string RB, and this isn't the first time. I say that we just play all three and just be happy that we would be scoring 40 points a game.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

I voted for Onterio Smith just think he is the better overall back right now.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast