Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Who should be the starting RB

"Bdubya" wrote:
    Are the Vikings the new Broncos? Can we possibly put someone in there that wont rock the world?
    Even though we have some talented RB's, I think that our system is so explosive (at times) that it really opens up our running game. I give a lot of credit to the guys up front, they are phenominal! :salute:

Thats exactly right! Personnally I think are running backs are pretty good but not as good as the numbers say... I think its a combanation of a very good O line and since the vikings have a "H-O-T-" quarterback (DaUnTe CulpEpPeR) and arguably the best wide reciever in football (RaNdY MoSs) that the defense of the opposing team has no choice but to cover the pass, so therefor the running game is open.... But if i had to chose one of the running backs it would be Moore by far! This guy make a first down out of a 2 yard loss.... He just wont go down... And hes got very good speed...

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Moore

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:
    Thats exactly right! Personnally I think are running backs are pretty good but not as good as the numbers say... I think its a combanation of a very good O line and since the vikings have a "H-O-T-" quarterback (DaUnTe CulpEpPeR) and arguably the best wide reciever in football (RaNdY MoSs) that the defense of the opposing team has no choice but to cover the pass, so therefor the running game is open.... But if i had to chose one of the running backs it would be Moore by far! This guy make a first down out of a 2 yard loss.... He just wont go down... And hes got very good speed...
    MM is our H-O-T running back so I would have to agree that he should start until the others prove that they are better...give them all some carries each game as a change of pace and see what each does with his carries...until one proves that he is THE MAN then MM is THE MAN!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Its so hard to tell. When Bennett used to be in there I thought he was awesome. Then when he got hurt and Onterrio came in, I thought he was a beast and should start. Now MM is in there and I think hes awesome and should start. I kinda want to trade Bennett because he is so injury prone and we are fine without him. I say keep MM, Moe and Onterrio...have MM and Onterrio split time and if one of them is better, give them the start. Keep Moe as goal-line and short runs. We need to get Bennetts value up and trade his ass to the Dolphins for someone on D or a pick.

No one is going anywhere. The trading Deadline is over. Bennett is here to stay, and I'm glad for it. Injuries can happen at anytime, and it is so nice to have three awesome running backs down the stretch. Bennett is just plain fast. Lets hope he can rip some long runs when he plays. Moore should get the start, with Bennett spelling him. Smith and Moe coming in during passing downs and goalines. I love it.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

MM should defnitely continue to get many carriers if not the majority of them. It will be interesting when Bennett gets back in full stride, however, as his style is so different. I think that Linehan should use both MM and Bennett (& sit Onterrio) and take advantage of their contrasting styles. Give the opponents a dose of MM with his rugged shifty running and then a dose of Bennett with his blazing speed. The opposing defenses will have a hard time adjusting to both. :cheers:

poult is offline Asst. Coach

id stick with the hot player, and its obvious who that is. and then id get rid of bennet, i dont think hes gonna ever play a full season again.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

pep2moss is offline Rookie

i wan't to see bennett play at least one full game before we do anything with him, this is a really hard one

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"pep2moss" wrote:
    i wan't to see bennett play at least one full game before we do anything with him, this is a really hard one
    Can't do anything with him until the end of the season, so you should get your chance to see him perform this year.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    How bout split time between the both.
    Split is not a great idea. Don't like it one bit. I hope that Tice will take that stance also. But it wouldn't surprise me if he decides to split.

I was for Bennett to be the starter, but the More I see of Moore, the More he impresses me. Someone was comparing Onterio to Emmitt a couple of weeks ago but I see a Emmitt in Moore. He has a little quicker bursts than Emmitt had in his prime. I don't think Moore is going to give us the homerun plays as much as Bennett but he is going to be a long lasting durable back. I think we get rid of either Bennett or Smith in the off season. I am not opposed to letting Bennett and Smith get a few more carries but not a total split.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast