Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Who should start at Right Defensive End?

Lance Johnstone! I hate when people say guys aren't every down players!!!! Its b/s until you give em' a shot....kinda like with Mewelde Moore, who would be a sweet #1 back! Give Johnstone a shot, but rotate James in every once in a while....hand off the starting job to James when he gets it all workin for him and reverse their roles! I don't care much for Scott....don't think he is that great.....c'mon Johnstone deserves a shot....gets in on like 15% of defensive snaps and gets double digit sacks....give him a shot!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

IMO I don't really care who gets the nod, what I care about is a sound defensive scheme that allows each player the ability to play to their fullest potential. Thus causing a very stingy D and not forcing them into a situation that would wear them down too much as the game progresses and the season for that matter.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"audioghost" wrote:
    Lance Johnstone! I hate when people say guys aren't every down players!!!! Its b/s until you give em' a shot....kinda like with Mewelde Moore, who would be a sweet #1 back! Give Johnstone a shot, but rotate James in every once in a while....hand off the starting job to James when he gets it all workin for him and reverse their roles! I don't care much for Scott....don't think he is that great.....c'mon Johnstone deserves a shot....gets in on like 15% of defensive snaps and gets double digit sacks....give him a shot!
    Did you read the article on Player X??? Player X is Lance Johnstone. In he article, he said he prefers being a situational player, because it makes him more effective and he takes less of a beating, allowing him to prolong his career. The reason why he gets so many sacks, is because he is a pure pass rusher. He only weighs about 260. He uses his speed to get around big tackles, when he was an everydown player he got knocked around by 300+ pound tackles and was ineffective to say the least.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"audioghost" wrote:

I believe johstone had 2 years as a starter for us, so I would call that a shot. He is just not even close to as effective as a starter, as he is coming in fresh off the bench. He even admits it and is happy as a situational pass rusher.

I did think darrion scott played a heck of a game last night, but most of his good play came when he was playing inside. I still think he is best inside, coming in as a situational pass rushing DT. Only use him at DE, on obvious running downs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234