Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Who should start at Right Defensive End?

Hands down, I think it should go to Lance Johnstone. I mean, come on. He had 11 sacks last season, which was 8th in the NFC.

Either that or we should split time with him and James.

MNVikingGangsta Guest

Re: Who should start at Right Defensive End?

i'd have to go with scott and james splitting time with johnstone coming in on 3rd down. johnstone is at his best when his only job is to rush the passer.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, bring in Johnstone then. Execpt, hmmm, you know, James is known for his pass rushing skills... and he'll be around a lot longer than Johnstone...

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

scott should start. We will need the erasers pass rushing skills late in the season and in the playoffs. Johnstone is perfect in the role he has played the last couple years, no need to change that. My concern is in the nickel package, where obviously you want erasmus and lance in there, but where would udeze go?? He is too talented to take off the field on any down unless he is tired.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Johnstone definitely should not start. When he first came here from Oakland, we had him starting and he wasn't very good. He plays best when he just plays situationaly on passing downs. That's what he's done that the two years at least and they've been very successful. I would lean towards starting Darrion Scott and then slowly grooming Eraser for the spot eventually. Scott is a good player and he can hold his own until James is ready. I think it would be a mistake to rush James into a starting role before he's ready. And I don't think there's any chance of him seriously being ready by the Bucs game. He still has tons of adjustments and hard work to do with the coaches.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Johnstone definitely should not start. When he first came here from Oakland, we had him starting and he wasn't very good. He plays best when he just plays situationaly on passing downs. That's what he's done that the two years at least and they've been very successful. I would lean towards starting Darrion Scott and then slowly grooming Eraser for the spot eventually. Scott is a good player and he can hold his own until James is ready. I think it would be a mistake to rush James into a starting role before he's ready. And I don't think there's any chance of him seriously being ready by the Bucs game. He still has tons of adjustments and hard work to do with the coaches.
    Suuurvey Says?!.....Ding ding ding ding.... #1 answer on the board.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Darrion Scott should for right now. And Johnstone should come in on passing situations. Erasmus will be the starter by mid-season though I would think. He might even be the starter after preseason depending on how good he plays.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Theres No doubt in my mind E-James should get the start.. A: we drafted him frist round to complete our Line. and B: He needs to develope. But at the same time, johnstone shouldnt just ride the pine...He should be brought in on situational plays. So my vote is for E-James.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Johnstone needs to stay in the role that he's been in the past couple years, only on passing plays. I think E-James should get the start because the potential is there for him to be great and he needs reps. We know that Scott can play and they can rotate so I think early on take the chance on James and see what he can do.

[color=red]

Del Rio Guest

Whoever makes the least ammount of mistakes and is able to contain like a good end should.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast