Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Who Should Lead The Vikings: Childress Vs. Frazier

Give me Dungy, Billicks, or Tomlin as our head coach. They got their coaching jobs based on what they did here, let them return the favor and take us to the promised land

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Paint me silly, but if Leslie was HC material you think he would have landed a job by now considering all the opportunities he has had in the last 2 years......

If we are gonna make a move to replace the Chiller then lets go with someone that can really do the job.........

a.
    Pete Carroll.
    Sure he struggled before but he has matured as a HC and has a gol 'darnit fine job out at USC.
    He knows the type of player coming out of college and would probably get more production out of them than some old has been.

b.
    Mike Shanahan.
    Almost a perfect fit for our players.
    Most fans would probably be upset with his scheme as it closely resembles what we are trying to do now.

c.
    Gruden.
    I'm not so sure about this cat but he fits our defensive scheme and uses a WCO variant a bit different than what we run but it isn't to far fetched to see him come in here and get production out of the team.

As Proph said, if the Chiller gets fired, it is more along the lines of a "Name" to get the stadium off top dead center.

Those 3 names fit the bill better than a D coord who can't get a HC job from even the Raiders....
    I would like to throw The Chin in there as well. Seems unlikely but so did getting J. Allen. You never know.
    Agree......Point is the author didn't put much thought into the article and basically regurged history based on what he has read on the internet.

Seriously, The Chiller did this and The Chiller did that with no mention of the FO role.
    No wonder Joe Fan believes HC's just run around willy nilly doing it allllllllll and have no concept on how a NFL organization really works....
    i tend to agree in this case. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he would be an upgrade to Chilly. I haven't seen anything that says he has "it" he seems to blend into the background and seems forgettable. Our increase in defensive position could be attributed to the additional talent we aquired as easily as it is attributed to him.
    I think alot of the people who would vote for Leslie are just looking for anything to get rid of the Chiller mostly because he isn't a real "People" person like they like.

Sure there is some validity to some of his issues as a HC but seriously, if one were to really look at what most of them are saying, they don't even address his coaching but rather his personal side.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It is ridiculous to fire a coach and bring another one in without addressing the FO situation. We have a structure right now that asks too much of a new HC who has never been a HC at any level in his life. Wilf needs to hire somebody to come in and run the personnel and structure side and let the coach worry about coaching the players.

Right now Childress put in HIS system and now when he goes, the system probably won't be adopted by his replacement( I know, it boggles the mind thinking that there could be a coach who would not die to run the KAO). So that means more roster turnover.

The better solution is to have a strong GM with extensive football FO experience that can find a coach who can run the Vikings system as is when needed instead of thinking they are going to come in and re invent the wheel.

I for one am not too high on replacing Childress with Frazier. But in the end I would like to see an experienced football guy select the next coach instead of an owner who does not have a great deal of experience in that field.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think Childress should and will keep his job. The only case I would say he should be fired is if they get the rare opportunity to sign a proven winner, future hall of fame coach like: Dungy, Gruden, Cowher, [s]Parcells[/s] etc. I definetly wouldn't fire him for another project head coach.

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think Childress should and will keep his job. The only case I would say he should be fired is if they get the rare opportunity to sign a proven winner, future hall of fame coach like: Dungy, Gruden, Cowher, [s]Parcells[/s] etc. I definetly wouldn't fire him for another project head coach.
    No way Gruden is on the HOF list.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Childress should keep his job .... The record keeps improving ..... Frazier keeps getting passed over .... Gruden won with Dungy's team he didn't build it and it kept going down hill after the SB that should have been Dungy's .... Gruden's signings weren't that impressive .... Why do we keep beating this one to death .....

Bretto007 is offline Rookie

I didn't care for the article.
    It just recaped the records that everyone is already familar with and it throw a couple lines in there about Frazier at the end.

I would prefer Frazier be the head coach here.
    I keep it at a professional level and not at a personal level.
    I don't boo Childress at games, I don't disrespect him as a person by saying things like "Chilldress sucks or I hate Chilly" but I just don't have confidence in him as a coach.
    In the end I believe Frazier will be a head coach and I do believe he will be a more successful coach then Childress.
    I would love to be proven wrong on my take, starting with this next season.

Brad Childress is 1-6 in games played Dec. 17 or later.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings just finished their best NFL season since the year 2000, so why are so many fans calling for Brad Childress to be fired?....
    I would a consider actually winning a playoff game (in 2004), more successful...

The fact it was against the Packers redeemed that whole season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Blog Entries

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings just finished their best NFL season since the year 2000, so why are so many fans calling for Brad Childress to be fired?....
    I would a consider actually winning a playoff game (in 2004), more successful...

The fact it was against the Packers redeemed that whole season.
    +1

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Neither. But Im not big on Gruden. Maybe the Steelers will give us back Tomlin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast