HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Who should be the backup linebacker?

As the Titans game is still playing (we're in the 3rd quarter as I'm writing this), I noticed that David Herron is playing for an injured E.J. Henderson (get healthy soon!!) and I can't believe my own eyes.

Why are Erin Henderson not playing instead? He is much better than Herron in my opinion. He was one of the top 5 best linebackers coming out of college and I know Erin is only a rookie, but in the preseason he harrased the opposing team like only a brother of E.J. Henderson would do.

I'm 98 % shure that Erin will take over the starting role at one of the linebacker position in the near future, if he stays healthy.

For the moment, I honestly think he is our best backup at ALL the linebacker positions on our team.

... therefore I ask again, why the hell is David Herron playing?

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Who should be the backup linebacker?

"HEY" wrote:
    As the Titans game is still playing (we're in the 3rd quarter as I'm writing this), I noticed that David Herron is playing for an injured E.J. Henderson (get healthy soon!!) and I can't believe my own eyes.

Why are Erin Henderson not playing instead? He is much better than Herron in my opinion. He was one of the top 5 best linebackers coming out of college and I know Erin is only a rookie, but in the preseason he harrased the opposing team like only a brother of E.J. Henderson would do.

I'm 98 % shure that Erin will take over the starting role at one of the linebacker position in the near future, if he stays healthy.

For the moment, I honestly think he is our best backup at ALL the linebacker positions on our team.

Ej is back in, he recovered the fumble towards the end of the first half...

HEY
    Blog Entries

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

OK, well... that's good of course, but don't you think we should use Erin Henderson the next time we need to replace E.J. ?

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"HEY" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

OK, well... that's good of course, but don't you think we should use Erin Henderson the next time we need to replace E.J. ?
    I don't know to be honest...maybe Herron has shown the coaches he's better than Erin...even though I no longer give the coaches much credability anymore...I wasn't able to watch much of the preseaso, so I haven't seen much of our backups.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Erin is a rookie. This was a crucial game.

I am not sure how much better Herron would be but to be honest with you as long as we have the coaching staff we do I don't see what difference it would make. Erin is not going to be the difference between winning and losing at this point.

HEY
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Erin is a rookie. This was a crucial game.

I am not sure how much better Herron would be but to be honest with you as long as we have the coaching staff we do I don't see what difference it would make. Erin is not going to be the difference between winning and losing at this point.
    That's probably true, but it is a little important in case E.J. got injured for several weeks.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i still have a hard time figuring out why we kept david herron and cut a veteran in derrick pope..that made no sense at all, neither did signing thomas tapeh to bench him while an undrafted player fumbles 7 points away
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Erin please