Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I thought that Dec 29th was the now or never deadline, is the Vikings season now done after the Grey Cup this weekend?...... well I guess it was really done several weeks ago but they still have to go through some sort of football motions until Dec 29th....I am using the turn "football" rather broadly too

It really doesn't matter a whole lot in my estimation. God willing they will lose the rest of their games....er even if God isn't willing I'm sure they will find a way to lose. Ponder sealed his tomb forever now and it's no longer debatable. Cassell most likely will be elsewhere next year and Freeman will probably never start again after this year.

If we don't draft a winner next year we are doomed for a long, long time.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I hope they play him just so I can see why they brought him in. My stance was he wasn't that good and not worth bringing in at that point in the season but obviously the guys getting paid to make those decisions know more than I do so I would appreciate seeing him come into the game and play so well that I have to eat a big plate of crow.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    If Freeman isn't put in again, it will make me extremely angry...we needed Winfield, and instead we wasted the cap space on a QB we played ONE time in a game situation he had no chance at succeeding in.

I can't even figure out why they do what they do so I can properly criticize it. THAT is pathetic.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Now that I think about it, it's brilliant. Spielman wants to evaluate Freeman off the field to guage his work ethic, intelligence and attitutde. Is the the problem he was in Tampa, or has he grown up? He thinks Freeman has the skill to play the position, but wants to make sure our team accepts him and will let him be our leader.

Work with me here,

Assume two things:

a) Spielman had no real intention of Freeman being our starter this year

b) Spielman thinks Freeman has a future with the team.

We trade for Freeman, obviously can't start him with 3 days notice, so Cassel goes and stinks it up against the Panthers.

Next week, Spielman pressures Fraizer to play Freeman, knowing full well he'll bomb on a week of practice. Surely enough, he does. To the point where his attractiveness to other teams reaches an all-time low. Freeman can't demand a pay raise on his new contract, as he's done crap for us. Other teams might not offer a good enough contract to lure him away when his contract with us runs up.

Freeman has a "Concussion", as his reason for missing the next week. Ponder plays in his absence. Spielman puts alot of his eggs in the "Ponder has to have at least ONE alright outing", and sure enough, he puts together a couple tolerable games. Enough to give them a reason to keep Ponder starting over Freeman. Ponder getting hurt wasn't in the plans, but fortunately it's not a major injury that will cause lots of missed time.

Ponder will likely finish the season, if not, Cassel will be his backup. I bet if everything goes according to plan, Freeman doesn't see another snap as he continues to get up to speed.

Next season, Cassel is gone, Ponder is on his last year, and Freeman is re-signed to a three year deal worth moderate coin. We do NOT draft a top-tier QB, instead look at fixing our many other holes.

Freeman wins the starting job in Training Camp, thanks to improved blocking, as well as getting on the same page with Patterson due to both working with the second team most of the season. They turn into a dynamic Duo, not Manning/Harrison/Wayne, but decent.

With our top picks going to defense, using our mid-round picks that would otherwise go to defense on OLine, and using KW/Jared Allens money to bring in one or two decent Free Agents to fill the holes, we go into next season looking fairly promising.

You heard it here first Folks!
    This is sounding more and more possible.

No other reason I can think of to not play Freeman at this point.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Freeman signing makes no sense, i think that there is a big issue on our team with the understanding and communication from GM to Head Coach.

Freeman must really stink it up in practice since he is the 3rd QB on this team or else something else i going on.

Clean house, coaching and gm out, need new blood to save this franchise.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Freeman signing makes no sense, i think that there is a big issue on our team with the understanding and communication from GM to Head Coach.

Freeman must really stink it up in practice since he is the 3rd QB on this team or else something else i going on.

Clean house, coaching and gm out, need new blood to save this franchise.
    When the coach has the final say on the 53 man roster and his coaching staff and he wasn't hired by the GM but hired by the owner who cheaped out by hiring the interim fulltime cause he was still paying for the previous coach's big contract I am not going to lay as much blame at the feet of the GM. As for Frazier, he is doing everything he can to win now (yeah its not enough, no even close....) but why is he going to audition 2014's QB this season if he's not going to be around to use him, Frazier has to go, the rest of the staff needs to audition for next year (this is really a lie they are all gone but to keep them working hard that's the carrot they get dangled) and Freeman needs to be the starter for December.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Can somebody please tell me why they signed Freeman ? I mean why pay him 2 mil plus a dollar to sit ? I feel kind of sorry for him actually. It's past the point where I personally would rather watch Freeman try to pull it back together than watch Ponder suck and try to act like he doesn't.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    Can somebody please tell me why they signed Freeman ? I mean why pay him 2 mil plus a dollar to sit ? I feel kind of sorry for him actually. It's past the point where I personally would rather watch Freeman try to pull it back together than watch Ponder suck and try to act like he doesn't.
    I don't think his salary has any factor in whether or not he plays.

Frazier is the captain of a sinking ship and as long as he is allowed, he is going to put in the person he feels gives them the best chance of winning. You might disagree that Ponder gives us the best chance, but obviously that's what Frazier feels. I just listened to his press announcement from yesterday and that is the rationale he continues to give.

Freeman could very well start next week though, I don't think there is any long term commitment to Ponder at this point. It's simply a one game commitment (to start that is) and Cassell remains the backup...Freeman could be active based on injuries to other players.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    I realize his salary has nothing to do with it. It just seems like why did they bother ? Yea Ponder is the starter for Sunday .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast