Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach

Who is our starting QB this week?

I haven't seen anything on this so far this week, but that isn't surprising. Viking's news isn't exactly a front page thing here in Oregon. Anyone got the skinny?

Also, I am expecting to see Freeman VERY soon, a "what do we have" sort of deal. Is this the running consensus, or do people have other ideas?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I don't expect to see Ponder since he dislocated his shoulder last week. Speilman said he didn't need to see Freeman in real game situations in order to evaluate him so I guess we will be seeing Cassel.

WWBGD

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    It's not going to matter. It's going to be ugly; eg. David and Goliath, and David forgot to bring his sling.
    I don't think there is any way they start Freeman unless they have changed their mind about him or they are stupid; which may be a given.
    It's going to be a slaughter and Ponder should start if he is able.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I don't expect to see Ponder since he dislocated his shoulder last week.
    True, but the injury occurred to his left shoulder not his interception throwing shoulder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Line I saw today was Vikings getting 13.5. The bookies think it's going to be a blow out. Freeman should know a few plays by now shouldn't he? If Ponder is hurt let's see if this dude has anything to offer.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    True, but the injury occurred to his left shoulder not his interception throwing shoulder.

LOL, if anybody reads the "Qbs on facebook" thing profootballmock.com does, they did that joke too.
    ELI MANNING
    On the other hand, Cutlerís Mama says, ďLife is like Christian Planterís penis. Itís short, and just when it gets you excited, it starts spraying failure everywhere.

CHRISTIAN PONDER
    A), my name is Ponder, and B), LEAVE ME ALONE. I hurt my non-throwing shoulder last Thursday.

RYAN TANNEHILL
    Which one is his non-throwing shoulder?

CAM NEWTON
    Both of them.
    NFL QBs ON FACEBOOK: "A FINE LINE" - ProFootballMock.com - ProFootballMock.com

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Speilman doesn't need to see him in real game situations?? Is he just that much better than EVERY OTHER analyst in the game?

That has got to be the stupidest thing I heard in awhile.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Now that I think about it, it's brilliant. Spielman wants to evaluate Freeman off the field to guage his work ethic, intelligence and attitutde. Is the the problem he was in Tampa, or has he grown up? He thinks Freeman has the skill to play the position, but wants to make sure our team accepts him and will let him be our leader.

Work with me here,

Assume two things:

a) Spielman had no real intention of Freeman being our starter this year

b) Spielman thinks Freeman has a future with the team.

We trade for Freeman, obviously can't start him with 3 days notice, so Cassel goes and stinks it up against the Panthers.

Next week, Spielman pressures Fraizer to play Freeman, knowing full well he'll bomb on a week of practice. Surely enough, he does. To the point where his attractiveness to other teams reaches an all-time low. Freeman can't demand a pay raise on his new contract, as he's done crap for us. Other teams might not offer a good enough contract to lure him away when his contract with us runs up.

Freeman has a "Concussion", as his reason for missing the next week. Ponder plays in his absence. Spielman puts alot of his eggs in the "Ponder has to have at least ONE alright outing", and sure enough, he puts together a couple tolerable games. Enough to give them a reason to keep Ponder starting over Freeman. Ponder getting hurt wasn't in the plans, but fortunately it's not a major injury that will cause lots of missed time.

Ponder will likely finish the season, if not, Cassel will be his backup. I bet if everything goes according to plan, Freeman doesn't see another snap as he continues to get up to speed.

Next season, Cassel is gone, Ponder is on his last year, and Freeman is re-signed to a three year deal worth moderate coin. We do NOT draft a top-tier QB, instead look at fixing our many other holes.

Freeman wins the starting job in Training Camp, thanks to improved blocking, as well as getting on the same page with Patterson due to both working with the second team most of the season. They turn into a dynamic Duo, not Manning/Harrison/Wayne, but decent.

With our top picks going to defense, using our mid-round picks that would otherwise go to defense on OLine, and using KW/Jared Allens money to bring in one or two decent Free Agents to fill the holes, we go into next season looking fairly promising.

You heard it here first Folks!
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 11-13-2013 at 12:49 PM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Now that I think about it, it's brilliant. Spielman wants to evaluate Freeman off the field to guage his work ethic, intelligence and attitutde. Is the the problem he was in Tampa, or has he grown up? He thinks Freeman has the skill to play the position, but wants to make sure our team accepts him and will let him be our leader.

Work with me here,

Assume two things:

a) Spielman had no real intention of Freeman being our starter this year

b) Spielman thinks Freeman has a future with the team.

We trade for Freeman, obviously can't start him with 3 days notice, so Cassel goes and stinks it up against the Panthers.

Next week, Spielman pressures Fraizer to play Freeman, knowing full well he'll bomb on a week of practice. Surely enough, he does. To the point where his attractiveness to other teams reaches an all-time low. Freeman can't demand a pay raise on his new contract, as he's done crap for us. Other teams might not offer a good enough contract to lure him away when his contract with us runs up.

Freeman has a "Concussion", as his reason for missing the next week. Ponder plays in his absence. Spielman puts alot of his eggs in the "Ponder has to have at least ONE alright outing", and sure enough, he puts together a couple tolerable games. Enough to give them a reason to keep Ponder starting over Freeman. Ponder getting hurt wasn't in the plans, but fortunately it's not a major injury that will cause lots of missed time.

Ponder will likely finish the season, if not, Cassel will be his backup. I bet if everything goes according to plan, Freeman doesn't see another snap as he continues to get up to speed.

Next season, Cassel is gone, Ponder is on his last year, and Freeman is re-signed to a three year deal worth moderate coin. We do NOT draft a top-tier QB, instead look at fixing our many other holes.

Freeman wins the starting job in Training Camp, thanks to improved blocking, as well as getting on the same page with Patterson due to both working with the second team most of the season. They turn into a dynamic Duo, not Manning/Harrison/Wayne, but decent.

With our top picks going to defense, using our mid-round picks that would otherwise go to defense on OLine, and using KW/Jared Allens money to bring in one or two decent Free Agents to fill the holes, we go into next season looking fairly promising.

You heard it here first Folks!
    Or maybe Freeman has an inside view of the Vikings showing a team with no chance as a contender and moves on, eg. why his agent and he insisted on a one year deal.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    ibp,
    I think you may be giving Spielman way too much credit. He has yet to show the kind of imagination that you speak of. And I get nervous when I read any sentence that begins, "Spielman thinks...."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast