Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who is our leader?

I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.

Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.

Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/EGA.jpg[/img]
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Who is our leader?

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.

Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.

Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi
    ahhh.. lack of paragraphs... an ADHD victim's worst enemy.

however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
    Jared Allen.
    He really is the only person who comes across as very outspoken.

Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.
    He leads by example, which is fine, except in the huddle.
    Allen is always saying something.
    Always trying to get the team pumped up.

on offense, not sure.
    seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
    Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.
    Hutch has been the captain last year, so I'd be inclined to say him.

Leads to my next point..
    why is it we don't have a leader?
    I have a hunch, and it rhymes with blildress....
    He seems to target players who play well, but are not outspoken.
    Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
    Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Who is Chris Carter?

[size=4pt](Sorry, if I didn't do it, someone else was bound to.)[/size]

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
    Jared Allen.

Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.

on offense, not sure.
    seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
    Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.

Leads to my next point..

Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
    Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.
    What does Josh Childress have anything to do with this?
    ;D
    [img width=450 height=337]http://c2.api.ning.com/files/1uifLWOMLzeVB-wCoY-QkRJ73HDQqM5vqTcEM5PWez4_/Josh_Childress_Wallpaper.jpg[/img]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think Peterson is becoming a leader of the offense. He's not real outspoken but in the games he's very emotional and I think players want him to do well. I think Birk was one of the leaders on offense but think Hutchinson will take on more of a leadership role this year.
    On the defensive side I think Jared Allen and Winfield are both excellent leaders.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Offense- Hutch and AP

Defense- EJ Winny K-will

STs- Longwell and Farwell

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Jared Allen.

on offense, not sure.

Leads to my next point..

What does Josh Childress have anything to do with this?
    ;D
    [img width=450 height=337]http://c2.api.ning.com/files/1uifLWOMLzeVB-wCoY-QkRJ73HDQqM5vqTcEM5PWez4_/Josh_Childress_Wallpaper.jpg[/img]

Is that Brad's son?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Jared Allen

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Jared Allen
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast