Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    980

    Who is our leader?

    I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.



    Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.


    Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi

    [img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/EGA.jpg[/img]
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is our leader?

    "battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.



    Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.



    Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi
    ahhh.. lack of paragraphs... an ADHD victim's worst enemy.


    however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
    Jared Allen.
    He really is the only person who comes across as very outspoken.

    Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.
    He leads by example, which is fine, except in the huddle.
    Allen is always saying something.
    Always trying to get the team pumped up.

    on offense, not sure.
    seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
    Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.
    Hutch has been the captain last year, so I'd be inclined to say him.


    Leads to my next point..
    why is it we don't have a leader?
    I have a hunch, and it rhymes with blildress....
    He seems to target players who play well, but are not outspoken.
    Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
    Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.

  3. #3
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Who is our leader?

    Who is Chris Carter?


    [size=4pt](Sorry, if I didn't do it, someone else was bound to.)[/size]

  4. #4
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: Who is our leader?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.



    Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.



    Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi
    ahhh.. lack of paragraphs... an ADHD victim's worst enemy.


    however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
    Jared Allen.
    He really is the only person who comes across as very outspoken.

    Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.
    He leads by example, which is fine, except in the huddle.

    Allen is always saying something.
    Always trying to get the team pumped up.

    on offense, not sure.
    seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
    Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.

    Hutch has been the captain last year, so I'd be inclined to say him.


    Leads to my next point..
    why is it we don't have a leader?
    I have a hunch, and it rhymes with blildress....

    He seems to target players who play well, but are not outspoken.
    Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
    Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.
    What does Josh Childress have anything to do with this?
    ;D
    [img width=450 height=337]http://c2.api.ning.com/files/1uifLWOMLzeVB-wCoY-QkRJ73HDQqM5vqTcEM5PWez4_/Josh_Childress_Wallpaper.jpg[/img]


  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Who is our leader?

    I think Peterson is becoming a leader of the offense. He's not real outspoken but in the games he's very emotional and I think players want him to do well. I think Birk was one of the leaders on offense but think Hutchinson will take on more of a leadership role this year.
    On the defensive side I think Jared Allen and Winfield are both excellent leaders.

  6. #6
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Who is our leader?

    Offense- Hutch and AP

    Defense- EJ Winny K-will

    STs- Longwell and Farwell

  7. #7
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Who is our leader?


  8. #8
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Who is our leader?

    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    I was thinking about what sets us apart from other teams out there in the chemistry department. I think the biggest thing we are lacking is a stand out leader. Is it Jared Allen, Adrian, Bernard, T-Jack, Sage? I don't think anyone can conclusively say who it is, in this forum or on the team. We had that same problem in the Moss day's. Chris Carter, Randy, it certainly wasn't the coach. Yes everyone had there two cents and I saw alot of bickering on the sidelines with Randy and Chris. The raven's have Ray Lewis, no question. Pats have Tom Brady, colts have Peyton, Giants- Eli, steelers-Big Ben. All superbowl teams.



    Is it going to come from the quarterback position, which in my opinion would be ideal, but not necessary obviously. We have uncertainty in the QB position, and it's been that way for some time. Who is going to step up and blow the Viking horn of destruction? And will all answer the call? I guess my experience is coming from four years in the Corps. I know it has nothing to do with the game, but the same principles apply to men. I always tried to lead from the front, never asked my Marines to do anything I wouldn't/couldn't do. I came to be a sergeant in the Corps, and found out first hand what it takes to lead men. It wasn't easy and I made mistakes...too tough, too soft, there is a fine line, but it's the nature of the beast. Jarheads aren't known for their brains, but one thing I did grasp and figure out is that when the men respected me and truly believed in me, they would follow me, and where peoples lives are on the line that is all I wanted. It was a huge burden at times, but it was mine to bare. I accepted it and performed to the best of my abilities, that's all I could do.



    Sorry about the seemingly useless dribble, but I just firmly believe more than anything this team needs someone to take them by the horns and thrust us into victory, at the same time squelching any unrest or feuding amongst the team. Take them to the next level whether they think it's possible or not. It can and must be done. Sincerely, Battleaxe4cheese. Semper Fi
    ahhh.. lack of paragraphs... an ADHD victim's worst enemy.


    however, assuming you continue talking about who our leader is/should be, I think we have one.
    Jared Allen.
    He really is the only person who comes across as very outspoken.

    Generally, its the MLB who is the leader on defense, however I don't think I've ever heard Henderson say a word.
    He leads by example, which is fine, except in the huddle.

    Allen is always saying something.
    Always trying to get the team pumped up.

    on offense, not sure.
    seems lately its been various OL members, but I think once we get a stable QB, he will turn into that guy.
    Reason there hasn't been anyone before, is a) QB (usually this person) has been shuffled so much that nobody knows who to look to.

    Hutch has been the captain last year, so I'd be inclined to say him.


    Leads to my next point..
    why is it we don't have a leader?
    I have a hunch, and it rhymes with blildress....

    He seems to target players who play well, but are not outspoken.
    Allen, of course being the exception, as he was a rare chance for a great player.
    Most of the players he brought in are quieter, and teh ones who do speak out sometimes (Winfield, Birk) are all tice guys.
    What does Josh Childress have anything to do with this?
    ;D
    [img width=450 height=337]http://c2.api.ning.com/files/1uifLWOMLzeVB-wCoY-QkRJ73HDQqM5vqTcEM5PWez4_/Josh_Childress_Wallpaper.jpg[/img]

    Is that Brad's son?

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who is our leader?

    Jared Allen

  10. #10
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,763

    Re: Who is our leader?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Jared Allen
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. League Leader: AP
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 11:23 AM
  2. New Leader of the Pack
    By DarrinNelsonguy in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 05:27 PM
  3. Culpepper as a Leader???
    By WinonaVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 02:50 AM
  4. Doesn't every defense have a leader?
    By parsongeorge in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 01:05 AM
  5. What Famous Leader are you?
    By Del Rio in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 07:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •