Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?







    base salary

    towards cap

    Rice




    460k







    789k
    Harvin




    ?










    ?
    Shiancoe

    2.1mil






    3.2mil
    Berrien


    2.4mil






    6.3mil

    always the guy gettin paid the least doing the most

  2. #12
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    Before the season started, most people, including me, would say that Bernard Berrian was our best receiver. He had a great performance in the last half of last season and he averaged more yards per catch than any other receiver with 40+ receptions that year.

    Unfortunately, Berrian has missed a lot of playing time and practicing time early in the season, causing the younger guys to get much more reps with Brett Favre. Perhaps Berrian would have had much better numbers this deep into the season if he hadn't got injured. Therefore, would have had much more time to get in sync with Favre.

    Here's how I rank our receivers after week 11 of the 2009 season:

    1.
    After only 10 games, Sidney Rice already has two more receptions than Berrian had all last season. Rice is also barely two yards behind Berrian's last year's amazing yards per receptions with 17.5 yards per receptions.

    2.
    This is a close number second because Percy Harvin might not have as big numbers as Sidney Rice in the receiving game, but you have to remember that Harvin is doing a lot more than Rice as he is the Vikings' regular kick returner, and occasionally "Loke"-quarterback. Plus, let's not forget that he's a ROOKIE!

    Sidney Rice is the best at making the big catches, but Percy is the best AFTER the catch.

    3.
    Visanthe Shiancoe is a great receiving tight end as is leading tight ends in touchdown receptions. He's very fast for his size and can make pretty sweet catches.

    4. Like I mentioned in the beginning of the post, Bernard Berrian just looks out of sync with Brett Favre, but they are getting more and more on the same page for each week. We will have a dangerous trio at the end of the season with Berrian, Rice and Harvin.

  3. #13
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,318

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    No doubt this is a FANTASTIC "problem" to have.

    All of these guys are great and have all provided solid production at times this season.

    I think Berrian's early season injury really slowed him or his numbers would be much higher.

    By the time he was going full speed he had drop problems and had lost his No. 1 spot in Favre's eyes to the beast Sidney Rice.

    Right now we are VERY difficult to cover, especially as teams continue to stay in the box to try to stuff AD.

  4. #14
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    Favre's Making them all look good right now.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  5. #15
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    "hovan" wrote:
    Favre's Making them all look good right now.
    I wouldn't go that far.
    Favre is doing GREAT right now, but he's even said himself that a lot of those throws were bad decisions, bad passes, etc and our receivers are making HIM look good.

    That said, I think the team effort and chemistry right now is forcing everyone to make each other look good.
    This offense is EXTREMELY dangerous.

  6. #16
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "hovan" wrote:
    Favre's Making them all look good right now.
    I wouldn't go that far.
    Favre is doing GREAT right now, but he's even said himself that a lot of those throws were bad decisions, bad passes, etc and our receivers are making HIM look good.

    That said, I think the team effort and chemistry right now is forcing everyone to make each other look good.
    This offense is EXTREMELY dangerous.
    That's the great thing about our team right now. EVERYBODY is making EVERYBODY look great!

  7. #17
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    "HEY" wrote:
    EVERYBODY is making EVERYBODY look great!
    [/quote]

    +1

  8. #18
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    Rice has one thing that Moss had:
    Throw the ball up in the air, he'll make a play for it and come down with it 90% of the time.
    Not as fast, but his ball skills are there....

    pH after the catch IS amazing.... gonna be a stud I think.

    Berrian needs to get healthy and dump the dropsies.


    Sid>pH>BB


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  9. #19
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    "midgensa" wrote:
    No doubt this is a FANTASTIC "problem" to have.

    All of these guys are great and have all provided solid production at times this season.

    I think Berrian's early season injury really slowed him or his numbers would be much higher.

    By the time he was going full speed he had drop problems and had lost his No. 1 spot in Favre's eyes to the beast Sidney Rice.

    Right now we are VERY difficult to cover, especially as teams continue to stay in the box to try to stuff AD.
    Thats cuz its not a problem at all especially with Favre at the helm.
    He knows how to distribute the football.
    Everyone is getting scores and it makes our offense all that much more dynamic.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  10. #20
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    263

    Re: Who is our Best Reciever on the team?

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    No doubt this is a FANTASTIC "problem" to have.

    All of these guys are great and have all provided solid production at times this season.

    I think Berrian's early season injury really slowed him or his numbers would be much higher.

    By the time he was going full speed he had drop problems and had lost his No. 1 spot in Favre's eyes to the beast Sidney Rice.

    Right now we are VERY difficult to cover, especially as teams continue to stay in the box to try to stuff AD.
    Thats cuz its not a problem at all especially with Favre at the helm.
    He knows how to distribute the football.
    Everyone is getting scores and it makes our offense all that much more dynamic.
    Exactly.
    Putting 8 people in the box stopped us last year, but with a solid core of receivers and a good quarterback, you have to pick your poison.

    From what I've gathered, teams will continue to keep 8 in the box against Peterson, due to him being the biggest threat to anyone on the team.
    However, doing this opens lanes for the other plethora of play makers we have, and it shows.
    Peterson isn't leading the NFL in rushing yards, Favre isn't leading the NFL in throwing yards, and yet, we still have the #2 highest scoring offense in the league.
    If that doesn't say balance, I don't know what does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Veteran reciever options
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
  2. Reciever in the draft...I don't think so
    By Mystophales in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 09:31 PM
  3. Best FA reciever available
    By jsa803 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
  4. MOVED: Reciever in the draft...I don't think so
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
  5. 3rd wide reciever
    By JimFlyinsaucer in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 10:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •