Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes Who?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Who Makes Who?

Someone made the comment in the Packer thread that Ahmad Carroll and Troy Williamson are both very talented and raw.

I give you this:

For years, people have gone back and forth about who is the better talent, Culpepper or Moss. Whenever things went wrong, Culpepper gets the blame, because you could never blame Moss for anything. Moss made Culpepper.

I say that is bogus, and you are going to see a more Favre-ian Culpepper this year. Culpepper will now have his opportunity to take some raw talent and make a star out of him. Favre has done this with average talent for years...Brooks, Freeman, Driver, et. al.

This will be Culpepper's chance to establish himself as the guy who should have been thought of as the leader all along. Williamson will be the beneficiary of it, if Daunte's the real deal.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Who Makes Who?

There's no question Daunte is the real deal

I question whether or not Troy is the real deal, or the receiver I saw play with SC who dropped balls like it was part of his job description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

LosAngelis you say we are going to see a more Favre-ian Culpepper this year? I sure hope not because in that case we should just forget about the superbowl because if he is going to be more like favre than he will throw interceptions in the playoffs and ruin it for the whole team :lol:

Vikgarten is offline Waterboy

I think that to some extent the QB always makes the WR a little bit....

It would be interesting to see what Jerry Rices #'s would have been if he didn;t have Joe Montana and Steve Young slinging the rock for all those years...

Obviously, we have no way of knowing. It's got to go down as speculation at this point. But if there was a way to see, I would think that Rice's numbers would definitely not be so lofty.

Another good example is Travis Taylor. Let's see how he does this season with Culpepper throwing him the ball. If he moves into the top ten in recieving in the league this year, and starts to fulfill all that talent that everyone thought he had coming out of college, then all of a sudden, he isn't a bust...

Lets assume for a second that taylor becomes a very solid go-to guy for us, ane even stays with the team for the next five years or so, and puts up great numbers... He may retire considered one of the better recievers this league has had. But if he would have spent the rest of his career in Baltimore, maybe he would have been forever known as a huge bust...
    Obviously, this is still alot of speculation. We need to see how he does this year, let alone the next 5... but still, you have to wonder.

I agree that Favre has made some average reciever on Green bay look very above average. I think that may have alot to do with favres comments to the media regarding Walker. The guy has to know that these recievers have been recipients of his talent. And when he goes, if they don't have someone to step in and continue delivering lightning pin point passes, guys like Walker are going to feel stupid for ever putting themselves on a pedestal....

So I won't go as far to say that the QB always makes the WR... but I do feel like the QB makes the reciever alot of the time, and Culpepper and Favre are probably proof of that.

vikesgirl is offline Rookie

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    LosAngelis you say we are going to see a more Favre-ian Culpepper this year? I sure hope not because in that case we should just forget about the superbowl because if he is going to be more like favre than he will throw interceptions in the playoffs and ruin it for the whole team :lol:

Couldn't have said that sh*t better myself. Good God!! we don't need anyone on Vikes even remotely resembling Faaaaaaaaavre. The man should be retired by now, but will just give our Defensive players more opps to intercept.. Will be laughing my ass off this year.
    VIKES fan for life!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Someone made the comment in the Packer thread that Ahmad Carroll and Troy Williamson are both very talented and raw.

I give you this:

For years, people have gone back and forth about who is the better talent, Culpepper or Moss. Whenever things went wrong, Culpepper gets the blame, because you could never blame Moss for anything. Moss made Culpepper.

I say that is bogus, and you are going to see a more Favre-ian Culpepper this year. Culpepper will now have his opportunity to take some raw talent and make a star out of him. Favre has done this with average talent for years...Brooks, Freeman, Driver, et. al.

This will be Culpepper's chance to establish himself as the guy who should have been thought of as the leader all along. Williamson will be the beneficiary of it, if Daunte's the real deal.
    Was that a vieled insult Los? Or do you actually think Favre is good? :roll: :lol:

Good point though about making raw talent better.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    There's no question Daunte is the real deal

I question whether or not Troy is the real deal, or the receiver I saw play with SC who dropped balls like it was part of his job description.
    Hopefully this will not carry over into the NFL. He should mature enough to realize that he is getting paid to catch balls. I hope the best for him!

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

It goes both ways. Culpepper is very good, but losing Moss will hurt his stats a little.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

All I know is that Moss wasnt the Vikes top reciever last year, and Culpepper still had a top 5 year for QBs in history last year! More passing yards that Manning last year....4700 something, if I can remember.....how many of em' were to Moss???? Culpepper didnt make Moss, but Moss didnt make Pepp either.....theyre both awesome, with or without each other!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I think my point was more that Brett Favre had this knock on him with Sterling Sharpe, that the only reason he was a good quarterback was because he had Sharpe (and, of course, because Sterling Sharpe kept saying he was the reason Brett was a good quarterback).

Now, Pepp has the opportunity to prove those critics wrong. I've said for years that Pepp was the best thing you guys had going, so here's my chance to be right.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast