Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Guruzen is offline Starter

Who the heck does Brad Johnson think he is???

Brad Johnson doesn't want to stay here as a backup: http://vikings.scout.com/2/606004.html

Come on Brad... you led one of the most anemic and boring offenses in recent memory and you were benched for a rookie! You can't scramble, you can't throw downfield and defenses have figured you out.

Granted, some of the blame is on the idiot head coach and his super conservative tightwad playcalling, as well as mediocre receivers... however other teams have done much more with much less talent (ie New England).

I'll be glad to see him start with another team and get benched 2 weeks into the season!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Who the heck does Brad Johnson think he is???

to bad.. i like him alot and he still is my hero
    though i understand why he's 'pissed' because i'd leave to if the fans would boo while he only tried to help us. i hope IF he leaves he finds an other team but most of all i hope he retires as a viking
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Brad Johnson doesn't want to stay here as a backup: http://vikings.scout.com/2/606004.html

Come on Brad... you led one of the most anemic and boring offenses in recent memory and you were benched for a rookie! You can't scramble, you can't throw downfield and defenses have figured you out.

Granted, some of the blame is on the idiot head coach and his super conservative tightwad playcalling, as well as mediocre receivers... however other teams have done much more with much less talent (ie New England).

I'll be glad to see him start with another team and get benched 2 weeks into the season!
    I read the entire article. Nowhere does it say "Brad Johnson doesn't want to stay here as a backup".

[size=11pt]Nowhere[/size]

His only comment was that he still felt he could compete to be a starter in the NFL.

To which Childress replied, ""Brad will be in there in the mix if he wants to be here".

It doesn't say he would refuse a backup role & go elsewhere.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:

I read the entire article. Nowhere does it say "Brad Johnson doesn't want to stay here as a backup".

His only comment was that he still felt he could compete to be a starter in the NFL.

To which Childress replied, ""Brad will be in there in the mix if he wants to be here".

No he didn't say that word for word... read between the lines... both Childress and Johnson have indirectly expressed their desire to part ways. Childress is happy with TJack and Bollinger while Johnson wants to be a starter.

The only reason Brad would stay is if he didn't get any offers of a starting role elsewhere. However I think even the chance to compete for a starting role in training camp would have him packing his bags from the way we booed him against the Jets.

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:

No he didn't say that word for word... read between the lines... both Childress and Johnson have indirectly expressed their desire to part ways. Childress is happy with TJack and Bollinger while Johnson wants to be a starter.

The only reason Brad would stay is if he didn't get any offers of a starting role elsewhere. However I think even the chance to compete for a starting role in training camp would have him packing his bags from the way we booed him against the Jets.
    That's just it. You are reading between the lines, fomulating your own opinions & stating it as if it were fact.

Reading between the lines doesn't constitute forming my own opinion. It's an intelligent dissection of insinuation and behaviour. If you need an example... if I sarcastically said "Troy Williamson had a really good year this season", you'll read between the lines and see what I'm trying to say.

In case you didn't notice, the article is titled "Johnson expected to be released". The entire article is based on reading between the lines which in this case is pretty self evident.

I'm not predicting BJ will go, but it's pretty clear he doesn't want to play second fiddle and with Childress explicitly saying he is happy to move on without BJ, it's as clear as mud where each of them stand.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Guruzen" wrote:
    He obviously thinks he's still capable of starting in the NFL.
    If had WRs who could get open and catch the ball, he'd still be the starting QB of the Minnesota Vikings.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

"Guruzen" wrote:

I thought I read somewhere, that Childress limited Brad Johnsons ability to call an audible, which would/could be a major reason why he played poorly at times during the season, take that ability away from Peyton Manning and he would look like garbage too.

I am in no way saying this is the only reason Johnson played bad this year.

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Reading between the lines doesn't constitute forming my own opinion. It's an intelligent dissection of insinuation and behaviour. If you need an example... if I sarcastically said "Troy Williamson had a really good year this season", you'll read between the lines and see what I'm trying to say.

In case you didn't notice, the article is titled "Johnson expected to be released". The entire article is based on reading between the lines which in this case is pretty self evident.

I'm not predicting BJ will go, but it's pretty clear he doesn't want to play second fiddle and with Childress explicitly saying he is happy to move on without BJ, it's as clear as mud where each of them stand.
    He also stated that he felt he could start two years ago, but still signed on in a back up role.

We all know it's expected & I'm well aware of the article title, but until Brad actually says he wants to move on & won't accept a backup role, everything is still speculation & assumption.

That's why it's titled "Johnson Expected to be Released" rather than "Johnson to be Released"

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Guruzen" wrote:

Wow, that's called using two grains of information and ignoring the mountain.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast