Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Who is Dontarrious Thomas?

i got my stuff from an independant. wasn't very accurate, sorry
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Sounds like a good pick to me! :thumbright:

What should be our next pick? WR, O-Line, Kicker? Someone else I'm not thinking of?
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

I don't know about him, Micheal Boulware was available when we took him, I hope he's better than I think.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Sounds like Boulaware will be playing safety...Next pick should be secondary or wide out.

freakin packers just traded in front of us!

yea I saw that... I hope they dont take somethin we want!

a punter! they took a freakin punter! rotflmao! oh my god, la, i am so sorry for you. bud, just stay inside and have someone keep an eye on you so you don't do something crazy

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Here is the scoop on him as scouts inc sees it. He actually runs a 4.54 and is 6-2 225. But it looks like we reached a little.

Grade: 78
    Comments: Thomas is a bit undersized, lacks lower-body strength, but has potential to add bulk. Plays too high. Has trouble taking on bigger blockers in phone booth, will get caught at the line. Physical and aggressive vs. the run. Plays tougher, bigger than size indicates. Adequate power at point of attack as tackler, shows explosiveness as tackler when he times things correctly. Excellent straight-line speed, closing burst. Solid instincts. Good at reading and reacting. A sideline-to-sideline chase player with speed to cut off plays at corner. But he doesn't always make plays when he gets in position. Takes poor angles at times and doesn't show agility needed to recover. Looks stiff in space. Must get better at breaking down as a tackler. Misses too many open field tackles. Great speed, but is long-legged and stiff in turns. Adequate range in zone and speed to run with faster running backs and tight ends, but lacks fluid hips to change directions vs. quicker players. Better at blitzing than in coverage. Good instincts on blitz, very good speed/closing burst as pass rusher. Adequate recognition. Generally reads keys well, plays under control. Sniffs out screens and won't bite on playfakes. Best on a straight-line. Very good speed to sideline, good effort. Excellent burst when closing on ballcarrier, powerful hitter when he times things right. Must take better angles, develop better tackling skills. Because he lacks agility, he will struggle to recover if he doesn't take a good initial angle. Thomas was a starter at inside and outside linebacker from midway through 2000 season on. He only missed one game because of injury in three seasons. After two tremendously promising seasons as a sophomore and junior, Thomas had a somewhat disappointing senior season. He is a little undersized and lacks lower-body strength. He looks stiff in coverage and lacks agility. However, Thomas is a Day 1 prospect with great toughness, competitiveness, size potential, intelligence and speed. He has the potential to cover a lot of ground in zone coverage, but is too stiff to cover the quicker NFL running backs one-on-one and he clearly is more productive vs. the run.

Thomas is actually 240-245 lbs right now, and has good speed at around a 4.5. Not sure where they got that he is undersized, he is much bigger than Vilma. He has about the same speed as both Vilma and DJ, both of who where between 4.5 and 4.55. Mel Kiper had him rated as a top 6 LB in the draft, and he said that he might end up being better than Dansby. Vilma and Boulware were a little smaller than we wanted at our weakside LB spot. We ended up getting a bigger LB with about the same speed. I really like the pick, and was actually calling for us to take him before we did. I fully expect him to be our starting Will LB next season. don't think he isn't a good LB because some of you haven't heard of him. Most of the publicity has went to his teammate, Dansby, but Thomas is a good LB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12