Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Who is Dontarrious Thomas?

We just drafted him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

olb from auburn. good value pick from what i understand.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Ryno is offline Rookie

Anyone know what we had to give up to move up two spots?
    I hope nothing more than a 6th or 7th

i didn't think we moved up. did we?

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, we definantly moved up, projected 50, moved to 48 I think

Big Daddy is offline Starter

We gave up our 5th round pick to move up 2 spots in the second to get him. Personally I haven't heard anything about him but our front office must have seen something that they liked about him.

I can't remember but didn't we move up last year to get E.J. Henderson earlier in the second???
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

dontarius thomas:

6'4"
    220lbs.
    40 time: 4.65(unofficial)
    that's all i have for now, but there's our speedy outside linebacker. i've heard some good things about him

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Here is the scoop on him as scouts inc sees it. He actually runs a 4.54 and is 6-2 225. But it looks like we reached a little.

Grade: 78
    Comments: Thomas is a bit undersized, lacks lower-body strength, but has potential to add bulk. Plays too high. Has trouble taking on bigger blockers in phone booth, will get caught at the line. Physical and aggressive vs. the run. Plays tougher, bigger than size indicates. Adequate power at point of attack as tackler, shows explosiveness as tackler when he times things correctly. Excellent straight-line speed, closing burst. Solid instincts. Good at reading and reacting. A sideline-to-sideline chase player with speed to cut off plays at corner. But he doesn't always make plays when he gets in position. Takes poor angles at times and doesn't show agility needed to recover. Looks stiff in space. Must get better at breaking down as a tackler. Misses too many open field tackles. Great speed, but is long-legged and stiff in turns. Adequate range in zone and speed to run with faster running backs and tight ends, but lacks fluid hips to change directions vs. quicker players. Better at blitzing than in coverage. Good instincts on blitz, very good speed/closing burst as pass rusher. Adequate recognition. Generally reads keys well, plays under control. Sniffs out screens and won't bite on playfakes. Best on a straight-line. Very good speed to sideline, good effort. Excellent burst when closing on ballcarrier, powerful hitter when he times things right. Must take better angles, develop better tackling skills. Because he lacks agility, he will struggle to recover if he doesn't take a good initial angle. Thomas was a starter at inside and outside linebacker from midway through 2000 season on. He only missed one game because of injury in three seasons. After two tremendously promising seasons as a sophomore and junior, Thomas had a somewhat disappointing senior season. He is a little undersized and lacks lower-body strength. He looks stiff in coverage and lacks agility. However, Thomas is a Day 1 prospect with great toughness, competitiveness, size potential, intelligence and speed. He has the potential to cover a lot of ground in zone coverage, but is too stiff to cover the quicker NFL running backs one-on-one and he clearly is more productive vs. the run.

does anyone one know what all of our picks were ive been gone the only one I saw was the first rounder thx peace out.

NFL.com has him listed at 241, and he runs a 4.57 40. I like this pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast