Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Who do you want starting at RB?

I want to start this thread to ask the question about our "stable" and let us all play "Coach" for a second.
    We are all aware of the backfield we have. What I want to know is what would you do with all of them to make us the most successful in the running/passing game? How would you best utilize the running backs we currently have?
    One more thing...try to be specific. In other words, don't answer this thread if all you want to do is "cast your vote". I'm not asking for American Idol. I want real football thought on this one.
    I'll be watching.
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who do you want starting at RB?

Hey Alabama, good question. I think our best running back is OS. He has proven he can handle the everyday job more so than MB. MM, I don't think can be an every down back right now because he gets too tired. MW is always there when you need him. He can start and get you 80 yards a game running and another 50-60 receiving. MB is good for a good run here and there and average 2 ypc the rest of the game. C4 is new but I think has a lot of potential. The problem is with OS off the field addictions. Personally I don't think doing anything on your off-time should get you in trouble with the league unless it is performance enhancing. Marijuana is definately not something that is going to get OS 200 ypg. However it is league policy and people should obey that especially considering the amount of money they make. If I were to make a pick just on talent OS leads the group as far as I'm concerned. The good news is we have a solid backfield if everyone stays healthy and out of trouble. I think Larry Ned would have been good too but we cut him last year. IMO we should try to trade MB for depth somewhere else and bring LN back. Not knocking MB but I just don't think he has learned the game yet. Remember he only played 1 year in college. he's been here 4 or 5 years now and he hasn't really proven anything to me except for a few good bursts of speed occasionally. Sorry for long message but I really like the question.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

MeMo. End of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Pigskin Bigs Guest

MB ran harder last year (when he played) than I have ever seen him run before. He was pushing hard between the tackles and showed that he has some leg drive. OS is a decent back with good leg drive and ability to swivel the hips. MB has more speed and is also a decent receiver. I'll take him on screen plays over OS. If MB keeps grinding between the tackles AND stays healthy, he is my pick. Speed kills. OS does stay healthy but has off the field problems. If MB stays healthy and starts every game, he will have a great year, much better the OS would have.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Pigskin, solid feedback. I think you are right that MB showed some leg drive last year but it was only for one game. If he can learn to get by the studder-stepping he does behind the line of scrimmage he may very well be a good back. Until then, he is no better than average. He does receive well out of the backfield. I will give him that over OS. I can't see him at this point, being a better runner than OS. MB has good speed without pads. With pads I've seen him get run down by LBs and CBs. Pads can make a difference sometimes. I still go with OS but you have great points.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

I still like Mewede, he needs more time to develop into our feature back however the future belongs to fason me thinks

Go vikes!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Pigskin Bigs" wrote:
    MB ran harder last year (when he played) than I have ever seen him run before. He was pushing hard between the tackles and showed that he has some leg drive. OS is a decent back with good leg drive and ability to swivel the hips. MB has more speed and is also a decent receiver. I'll take him on screen plays over OS. If MB keeps grinding between the tackles AND stays healthy, he is my pick. Speed kills. OS does stay healthy but has off the field problems. If MB stays healthy and starts every game, he will have a great year, much better the OS would have.
    I noticed that as well.. me and my bro were talking about him breaking tackles.. i think he will be a good back next year with his speed and improved leg drive and he WILL start no doubt about that.. and im pretty sure he wont get hurt again

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I like Moore. I've said this several times before, so I'll give you the short version. Although he's not as fast as Bennett or Smith, he's got enough speed to get through the hole, and he's got the elusiveness to get extra yards that the other RB's can't get. If his relative inexperience proves to be a problem, we always have the other two to fall back on (barring multiple injuries).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think we can base it on their performance last year. If I was the coach I would have to see who plays best in training camp and preseason.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

my guess after training camp it will be MB-MM-Moe-OS-Fason
    In that order right there

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast