Onterrio32 is offline Training Camp

Who do we take next?

Who should we take next in FA? Troy Vincent? Bobby Taylor? Ian Gold? Who do you think we should get?

For me its Adewale Ogunleye, even though he is restricted, or Taylor.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Who do we take next?

Its really tuff decision i would kinda like to see them get Ian Gold he is really fast a hard tackler but a bit of an injury risk, Ogunleye sounds pretty good but will prob want quite a bit of money but most likely would put up numbers like he did in miami, I like jonathin vilma as our first round draft pick but i noticed he was a middle LB i wonder if he can play outside i also like the idea of a big fast WR opposite of moss, i don't think Evans is real big but i like his potentail. My main target would be Vilm he is only 21 and will be a great football player in the NFL

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Who do we take next?

I would like to see us get as many D players as we can, in FA before the draft. That would enable us to take the best player available. gold would fit nicely in Minnesota. We also need a good DE. I really don't expect to see Will Smith or Kenechi Udeze there at 19, and the talent at DE goes way down after those 2 guys. If we don't get a DE in FA, then we might have to find one in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round. Since Ogunleye is a restricted FA, don't expect us to try and get him. Marcellous Wiley isn't even scheduled to visit us, so it doesn't look like we are gonna try for him. Are there any other good DE's out there in FA? I can't think of any. I really really hope we aren't planning on using kevin williams at DE again. He is a DT, and he showed this late last season, when he was moved there for good.

As for drafting Vilma, he is a MLB and will more than likely play one in the NFL. Since EJ is our MLB of the future, we probably won't even look at Vilma. Like I said before, Gold would be nice, as would Dhani Jones, even though I haven't heard anything about us looking at Jones.

If we get a few more D players in FA, we could then look at the WR's available at 19, or the TE's. If we don't, then we will have to look strictly at the d side of the ball. Even with the signing of Winfield, I wouldn't mind seeing us get a good young CB, like D'Angelo Hall. We still need a bigger, more physical type of CB, even though at 5'9 180 lbs, winfield is very very physical.

Who do we take next?

the good thing about winfield is that he fits in nicely as a cover corner next to williams who is a big physical corner, i'm very high on him. d.j. williams would be a better fit at lb for us than vilma, and many think he will be a better pro anyway. of course if we get gold, it's all for not anyway.i'm hoping wiley gets scheduled in for a visit, but i won't hold my breath. we'll probably wait for the june first cuts for any more big signings. should be some good ends and recievers then.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Who do we take next?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by amavikesfan

the good thing about winfield is that he fits in nicely as a cover corner next to williams who is a big physical corner, i'm very high on him. d.j. williams would be a better fit at lb for us than vilma, and many think he will be a better pro anyway. of course if we get gold, it's all for not anyway.i'm hoping wiley gets scheduled in for a visit, but i won't hold my breath. we'll probably wait for the june first cuts for any more big signings. should be some good ends and recievers then.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Winfield is not a big corner, but he is physical. I don't know what all this Vilma talk is about, the only thing he has on D.J. is experience. D.J. is faster, bigger, better in coverage, and more athletic AND is an OLB.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Who do we take next?

Yeah but if DJ Williams is that good he will not be there when we pick i am looking to the next best linebacker in the draft i'm very high on EJ Henderson but i would like minn to get vilma and move him to the weak side that way claborne can move the the strong side where he belongs, if vilma is going to stay in the middle i say forget about him, i think the best thing the vikes can do is to pick up a linebacker with at least 3 years experince since they will be young at LB I have looked at Dhani Jones stats they look real good i would like to see him in purple, I really like Gold but he needs more time to heal so i would blow him off, i say go dhani or get gildon when the steelers let him go, he has good experience, and would be good for the younger LB's

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Who do we take next?

Good call AGAIN Stallion. Vilma is not the right pick. DJ Williams would be the first choice followed by Karlos Dansby in a close second. Things will change drastically over the next couple of weeks. We have a lot of money under the cap which we MUST spend. Look for us to still work on WR, and expect to see us make a move at a LB in the next week or so. DE is pretty thin in FA. Expect us to try and move up in the draft.

sig courtesy of PPE