Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Who did the offensive play calling today?

    Was it Childress?

    If so, we need to give it back to Bevell. Despite the fumbles last week, the offense was moving the ball and they just seemed a lot more confident. Today the play-calling was unimaginative and oh-so-predictable. The QB draw on 4th and 1 when your O-line was playing so poorly was just bad.

    Todays offense reminded me so much of the first two games where we shackled TJ with a dumbed down playbook. Was it an (very poor) attempt at reducing turnovers?
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  2. #2
    VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    90

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    Not sure what your talking about, their were a couple times where they let Tarvaris sling it down the field. Bevell is still calling the plays.

  3. #3
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    I think it may have been more the overall execution than the playcalling.
    11 guys have assigments on every play, and when 2 or 3 guys don't complete their assignment that can make any play look ugly.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  4. #4
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    Yeah, but that was in the 4th quarter when we had to score points and the backups were on. I wasn't sure so just wanted to check. It certainly felt a lot more conservative than the last 3 games.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  5. #5
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I think it may have been more the overall execution than the playcalling.
    11 guys have assigments on every play, and when 2 or 3 guys don't complete their assignment that can make any play look ugly.

    Agreed

    I wish we did more end arounds and things like that.. But otherwise I don't think we can do much more

    Our line wasn't blocking.. So it came down to can T-jack escape.. Most times he didnt have a chance

    Then it comes down to the RBs making blocks.. They missed alot

    Then it comes to can the WRs make a good grab.. And they did sometimes when Jackson couldnt get a great throw in there

    I think the play calling was ok.. They were shutting down AP for awhile.. We were kinda limited


  6. #6
    shortmon's Avatar
    shortmon is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    60

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    needs more flea flickers

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    "V4L" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I think it may have been more the overall execution than the playcalling.
    11 guys have assigments on every play, and when 2 or 3 guys don't complete their assignment that can make any play look ugly.

    Agreed

    I wish we did more end arounds and things like that.. But otherwise I don't think we can do much more

    Our line wasn't blocking.. So it came down to can T-jack escape.. Most times he didnt have a chance

    Then it comes down to the RBs making blocks.. They missed alot

    Then it comes to can the WRs make a good grab.. And they did sometimes when Jackson couldnt get a great throw in there

    I think the play calling was ok.. They were shutting down AP for awhile.. We were kinda limited

    so lineing AD up wide, motioning him in and giving him a handoff like an end around doesn't count as creative?

    I think the reason we didn't do AS well (still fairly good compared to early in the season, i mean 230+ passing and 100+ rushing from AD isn't exactly shabby) was because TJ was feeling the pressure, he handled himself fairly well for a big pressure game, but you could tell at times he was nervous.

  8. #8
    hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    325

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    I commend TJ for playing as well as he did with all the blitzers that were coming at him.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    So lineing AD up wide, motioning him in and giving him a handoff like an end around doesn't count as creative?

    I think the reason we didn't do AS well (still fairly good compared to early in the season, i mean 230+ passing and 100+ rushing from AD isn't exactly shabby) was because TJ was feeling the pressure, he handled himself fairly well for a big pressure game, but you could tell at times he was nervous.
    Excellent post my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Texanvike's Avatar
    Texanvike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    135

    Re: Who did the offensive play calling today?

    You know, I don't think it's so much the play calling.
    I think we had a couple chances to take shots down the field, that were missed.
    If I can criticize T-Jack in one area, it would be that his first read is what should be the check down receiver.
    I've noticed it a few times since he's been back as our starter.
    A lot of times, especially against the Giants, it's because he just doesn't have enough time.
    And at other times, it just shows that he's still a growing QB.
    He'll continue to get better hopefully, and look to take more shots down the field.


    Let it be known that I've been really happy with T-Jack's play overall.
    I just know he has a ways to go.
    I love lamp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Offensive Play Calling for another team?
    By BabaGanJa in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 08:46 PM
  2. Offensive Play-calling: off or not ?!
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 06:58 AM
  3. Chilly gives up the play calling
    By Vikefanman2000 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
  4. (Merged) Offensive play calling
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 11:18 PM
  5. Offensive Play Calling
    By loudog in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 05:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •