Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Who is classless?!

He was also classy enough to taunt his former team of 10 years earlier this season by flapping his arms at them. Brooking's a d-bag.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

The Vikings did call a preponderance of running plays on their final two drives. The first was stuffed for a three and out and resulted in a punt. The second brought the Vikings to fourth down and three at the Dallas eleven yard line. What were the Vikings supposed to do, try for a ten yard punt, just take a knee, or go for the field goal and pile on with three points? This was the eleven yard line; it was not like Favre threw a fifty yard strike with ten seconds left in the game.

Scoring the touchdown did one thing that I am sure the Vikings players and coaches were aware. It allowed the Vikings to match the Saints margin of victory over the Cardinals. Both teams won by 31 points.

Phantom is offline Waterboy

Minniman, I also noticed that 31 point margin of victory. You are absolutely correct! Here's my 2 cents:

Dallas is calling Brett Favre classless. Let that sink in for a minute or two. Dallas is calling Brett Favre classless. All of a sudden Dallas is concerned with class? Favre didnít commit homicide, traffic drugs or assault anybody. He threw a touchdown on 4th and 3 in the last two minutes of a playoff game against a team which had been proclaimed the winner by just about everyone before the game had even begun.

To be fair, itís not just Dallas who is accusing Favre of being classless. Every Favre hater across America is making the same accusation. His touchdown pass is being called ďbush leagueĒ, classless, disrespectful, crossing a line.

Excuse me? Itís bush league and classless to throw a touchdown in an NFL playoff game in the final two minutes because the other team was expecting a run?

Itís disrespectful to score in the final minutes of a playoff game if youíre already ahead?

What exactly is the appropriate score differential in which a team can throw a touchdown pass in the final minutes of a playoff game? I have already sent an email to Emily Post inquiring about this etiquette, but I have not yet received a response.

Favre didnít cross a line here. Well, other than the goal line with the football that is. And those crying about it are the ones who invited Favre to do it. No, correction, they begged Favre to do it!

For the past two seasons Favre haters have done nothing but criticize Favre as an old, washed-up, interception machine who falters down the stretch. Ya think that could have had anything to do with Favre throwing that last touchdown pass? After all, Favre is a spiteful son-of- a-gun.

He wasnít rubbing salt in the wounds of the Cowboys. He was rubbing salt in the wounds of the haters, doubters and critics. And it must have stung like acid in the eyeballs of Favre haters to see Favre throw 4 touchdowns and no interceptions against a Dallas defense which was expected to lay Favre out.

Iím just waiting for Dallas to accuse Sidney Rice of being disrespectful for not notifying Dallas safety Sensabaugh that he had caught the ball for the first touchdown of the game. Was that also bush league of Rice to score on a 47 yard pass while the safety was still looking for the ball?

For what itís worth, does anybody even realize the significance of that final touchdown pass? The significance of a 34-3 win? I do and Iím sure Childress did as well. It meant a win by 31 points. Hey, you know who else won by 31 points? Thatís right, the Saints beat the Cardinals 45-14. You better believe the Vikings wanted to have a win at least as convincing as the Saintsí win over the Cardinals. That last touchdown wasnít Favre being classless. It was the team making a statement, and it doesnít matter one bit if nobody else understood the statement. All that matter is that they understood it.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it Dallas. You do know I mean the proverbial pipe, right?
    None

Look, going for 2 on the extra point try would have in bad taste, would have loved it, but still....This is a simple case of someone ,as we like to say here in the ROK, With a bad case of poopoo face. We even have a DA form, a Hurt Feelings Report.
    Excerpt: (We, as the Army, take hurt feelings seriously. If you don't have someone who can give you a hug and make things all better, please let us know and we will promptly dispatch a "hugger" to your location ASAP. If you are in need of supplemental support, upon written request, we will make every reasonable effort to provide you with a "binky", a "blankey" and/or a bottle if you so desire.) From DA form IMT-WF Apr. 2009. We take care of our own. A "class" organization like the Cowboys should have similar, if not superior support. :P
    Tuco the world.....

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

It was 4th down. We don't make it, cowboys actually have a chance to blow down the field and make it a two score game again.

Cowboys are frauds. Now we don't have to hear about anytihng but their failures for 7 months. Thank god.
    We're bringing purple back.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

the funneist thing with all this wjhaaa whaaa..besides the fact that we had ALLREADY done a 3 rushing in/out, or besides that they phailed again to do anything with the ball.. on that 4th down..

1. the defence was blitzing
    2. lets say.. farve held the ball.. didn't throw it.. but held it.. would their Dlinement/lb's just tap farve on the shoulder and say.. "Your out"... no.. they'd line him up and take whatever shots they could... then they'd be praising that guy who pummeled farve..
    3. WTF... would you rather AP ran it in on any of the first 3 downs?
    4. 34 points is not... running up the score 40+.. ok
    5. i think phat pat answered it the best... "dont like it... stop us"

i just can't understand why he would run to the other teams side and say... "your all meanies... you see we suck.. at least don't show everyone how badly"

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

... and look at the video from the OP. Brooking takes the cheap shot on Berrian on the previous play, and then he cries foul when the Vikings score on a whole 11 yard long play.

Articnv is offline Coach

or how about the fact that dallas ran uip the score against phil 2 weeks in row and no one cried about that

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Dallas, Cowboys & class.. three words you will never find in the same sentence...
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Phantom wrote:
    Minniman, I also noticed that 31 point margin of victory. You are absolutely correct! Here's my 2 cents:

Dallas is calling Brett Favre classless. Let that sink in for a minute or two. Dallas is calling Brett Favre classless. All of a sudden Dallas is concerned with class? Favre didnít commit homicide, traffic drugs or assault anybody. He threw a touchdown on 4th and 3 in the last two minutes of a playoff game against a team which had been proclaimed the winner by just about everyone before the game had even begun.

To be fair, itís not just Dallas who is accusing Favre of being classless. Every Favre hater across America is making the same accusation. His touchdown pass is being called ďbush leagueĒ, classless, disrespectful, crossing a line.

Excuse me? Itís bush league and classless to throw a touchdown in an NFL playoff game in the final two minutes because the other team was expecting a run?

Itís disrespectful to score in the final minutes of a playoff game if youíre already ahead?

What exactly is the appropriate score differential in which a team can throw a touchdown pass in the final minutes of a playoff game? I have already sent an email to Emily Post inquiring about this etiquette, but I have not yet received a response.

Favre didnít cross a line here. Well, other than the goal line with the football that is. And those crying about it are the ones who invited Favre to do it. No, correction, they begged Favre to do it!

For the past two seasons Favre haters have done nothing but criticize Favre as an old, washed-up, interception machine who falters down the stretch. Ya think that could have had anything to do with Favre throwing that last touchdown pass? After all, Favre is a spiteful son-of- a-gun.

He wasnít rubbing salt in the wounds of the Cowboys. He was rubbing salt in the wounds of the haters, doubters and critics. And it must have stung like acid in the eyeballs of Favre haters to see Favre throw 4 touchdowns and no interceptions against a Dallas defense which was expected to lay Favre out.

Iím just waiting for Dallas to accuse Sidney Rice of being disrespectful for not notifying Dallas safety Sensabaugh that he had caught the ball for the first touchdown of the game. Was that also bush league of Rice to score on a 47 yard pass while the safety was still looking for the ball?

For what itís worth, does anybody even realize the significance of that final touchdown pass? The significance of a 34-3 win? I do and Iím sure Childress did as well. It meant a win by 31 points. Hey, you know who else won by 31 points? Thatís right, the Saints beat the Cardinals 45-14. You better believe the Vikings wanted to have a win at least as convincing as the Saintsí win over the Cardinals. That last touchdown wasnít Favre being classless. It was the team making a statement, and it doesnít matter one bit if nobody else understood the statement. All that matter is that they understood it.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it Dallas. You do know I mean the proverbial pipe, right?
    A+

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast