Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

who is the better duo?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

K guys, help me solve a debate. My boyfriend and I have been going back and forth on this one... (keep in my we are both vike fans) Who is better? Daunte/Moss or McNabb/T.O? He thinks that they are gonna kill us. I pointed out that Moss showed T.O. up last year and he said it was just because Garcia was throwing to him. Am I biased or realistic in thinking that Daunte and Moss will dominate the field in that game?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry Folks.........But it was Gus launching the bombs to Randy
    when we smoked Frisco and Atlanta. 118.1 qb
    and 7 td's in two games. The Gus/Randy combo
    hadn't looked this good since Randall was
    behind center. I say the Gus/Randy combo is
    the best we have and I support it with their
    performance in these two games plus the 2nd
    half of the first Lions game when he threw a
    72 yarder to Moss on his first play. Don't
    kid yourself....ask Randy who he'd rather have
    throwing to him.

As far as McNabb goes....... over the course
    of a season...average at best. In the post
    season, one of the biggest chokers in the
    game. T.O., I'd take him on my team any day!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

who is the better duo?

Daunte-Moss, NO QUESTION.

C-Pep is a talented QB. Moss is a GREAT RECIVER.

TO is good. McNabb is an average QB.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

who is the better duo?

I think 2 games games is not enough to say gus is that great. I do think its interesting that since we got moss, every time we switch QBs, we so well. JOhnson got hurt, Cunningham did well in his absence. Cunnigham struggled the next year and we put in Jeff Geogore, who looked good. The next year Culpepper statrs and looks good. When Culpepper was hurt we put in Bouman, who looked good when he was in. Culpepper hurt again and we put in Gus, who looked good.

Mossville is offline Starter

who is the better duo?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

K guys, help me solve a debate. My boyfriend and I have been going back and forth on this one... (keep in my we are both vike fans) Who is better? Daunte/Moss or McNabb/T.O? He thinks that they are gonna kill us. I pointed out that Moss showed T.O. up last year and he said it was just because Garcia was throwing to him. Am I biased or realistic in thinking that Daunte and Moss will dominate the field in that game?

It's not even close, FatKid and Thug are by far superior to McNabb and Owens as a passing duo--it's not even close. For one thing, McNabb is not going to help TOs stats one bit, he's not only a significantly worse passer than Garcia, with a lifetime average of 6.16 yrds/att he's the least efficient starting QB (passing) in the league--and worse than quite a few back-ups. As a matter of fact, if you look through the record books, it's damned deadly difficult to find anyone with a yrds/att ratio that horrific in any reasonable number of attempts. Scott Brunner (early eighties Giants QB) was *almost* as bad, and Bobby Douglass (Early Seventies Bears QB) was a worse passer--though a superior runner.

McNabb gains a few points for clutch performance and leadership though, as he done tattoed on the hide of every noble Packer fan twice last season. It seems FatKid is a little shaky at times, and with all the acrimony that been coming out of the Vikings lockerrom the past five years you gotta figure a more forceful personality could have straightened things out. I have no reason to think Fatkid is anything but of sterling character like McNabb though.

However, McNabb is helpless in a shootout, and Fatkid knows very well how to play that game.

The Thug changed the way the very game is played, he dominates his position like no one else in football. TO is just another reciever who wouldn't be rememebreed all that well if he didn't make such a display of himself every time he got in the endzone. He's more likely to be remembered for those antics than anything he accomplished on a football field, and surly or not, Thug will be going to the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

However the best passing duo next year will be Favre and Javon Walker. That that to the bank.

The reason his yards/att is low is because that is how the philly offense opperates. Short dink and dunks up the field. with horrid WRs all he has to throw to is the TE and RB (each position not know for averaging huge rec yards/catch.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

who is the better duo?

Like Denny G. said about the Vikings offense....You just hand the QB the keys to the car and let him drive it...You can put anyone back there with a llittle bit of talent and we'll be a dangerous offense.....It doesnt matter

And anyone who says McNabb isnt a good QB or is just average is fooling himself...The guy is a winner....Bottom Line! and Pepp (Who is obviously more talented) has yet to prove he's on McNabb's level...Sorry

who is the better duo?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by briboy75

I think 2 games games is not enough to say gus is that great. I do think its interesting that since we got moss, every time we switch QBs, we so well. JOhnson got hurt, Cunningham did well in his absence. Cunnigham struggled the next year and we put in Jeff Geogore, who looked good. The next year Culpepper statrs and looks good. When Culpepper was hurt we put in Bouman, who looked good when he was in. Culpepper hurt again and we put in Gus, who looked good.
    Guys, let's not let ANOTHER thread track of to a Gus or C-Pep debate........keep on topic.........I'm sick of these debates on this topic........C-Pep is the starter, get over it.

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

who is the better duo?

exactly
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

who is the better duo?

this thread wasn't meant to become an arguement over WHO are QB should be Buck... Daunte is and will be our QB for a long time to come. Just wondering who you think is better between the two duos

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

who is the better duo?

you also have to consider that culpepper is throwing to moss, mcnabb has been throwin to nobodys now with t.o. he has a veteran target with the ability to blow corners away. so we'll just have to see the averages when the season begins( ohh yeah, if culpepper can keep his hands on the ball and not fumble this year, we will not be stopped)
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

who is the better duo?

this thread wasn't meant to become an arguement over WHO are QB should be Buck... Daunte is and will be our QB for a long time to come. Just wondering who you think is better between the two duos
    Exactly. Ohh.........I see you have obtained uber-mod status...........
    I still think McNabb is an average QB.........and the Eagles will have problems because their D won't be as good as it was last year.

also, I can't get into the chat by clicking the chat button...........how do I get in?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast