Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    491

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    onterrio smith....haha just joking...im going to have to go with john randle cause he represents what our team is moving twords....a great defence and he is one of the players that was influencal to the way our defence is today..

  2. #12
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    What? No Ed White?

    Have to go with Bud, Tark is one that most know about, but Bud is the man.
    He should be chiseled into Mount Rushmore.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #13
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    "CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:
    onterrio smith....haha just joking...im going to have to go with john randle cause he represents what our team is moving twords....a great defence and he is one of the players that was influencal to the way our defence is today..
    If you went with Randle, how come he does not have a vote yet?
    ???

  4. #14
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    bug grant hands down

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    I have to go with Bud. He took us to 4 Super Bowls (Tark played in 3 of them, Kapp the other).

    Also as you go down that list of names to choose from, ask yourself, who coached those players. I think you'll find the majority of them all played for Bud Grant.

    That is an era that is gone. A time when players played for the love of the game, the fans, their team & their coach. A time before the greed for money became all important.

    Most of those players back then made little during their careers by todays standards & they had full-time jobs in the off-season so they could support their families.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    first i went with fran, then i remembered that only three of the super bowls were his, and the fact that he was in ny for a couple years, so i changed it to grant.

  7. #17
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    "singersp" wrote:
    I have to go with Bud. He took us to 4 Super Bowls (Tark played in 3 of them, Kapp the other).

    Also as you go down that list of names to choose from, ask yourself, who coached those players. I think you'll find the majority of them all played for Bud Grant.

    That is an era that is gone. A time when players played for the love of the game, the fans, their team & their coach. A time before the greed for money became all important.

    Most of those players back then made little during their careers by todays standards & they had full-time jobs in the off-season so they could support their families.
    You forgot about walking 10 miles to school in your grandpa's pajamas, up hill both ways.

  8. #18
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    Where's Red McCombs?



    Just kidding
    ;D I Went with Bud Grant followed by Cris Carter. Hopefully one of our newly added Vikes will personify everything this franchise stands for.

  9. #19
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    There are two players that have had the most influence on me and my love for the team. One was Scott Studwell and the other was Alan Page. I gave the nod to Studwell.

    Bud Grant was a tremendous coach and the teams father figure. But don't forget ol Burnsie. He coached the Packers offense during their 2 super bowl wins and installed the KAO in Minnesota in the 70's long before it made it to the "West Coast"

  10. #20
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    491

    Re: Who Best Represents the Vikings All-Time?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:
    onterrio smith....haha just joking...im going to have to go with john randle cause he represents what our team is moving twords....a great defence and he is one of the players that was influencal to the way our defence is today..
    If you went with Randle, how come he does not have a vote yet?

    ???
    i voted after i posted.....hmmmmmmm maybe my computer is running slow...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All-time Vikings trades
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
  2. I love this picture because it's unique, and represents greatness
    By PurplePride80 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 10:17 AM
  3. Who Best Represents PPO, All-Time
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
  4. TV time - Vikings commercials
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 01:02 AM
  5. VIKINGS...it's about that time!!!!
    By bono in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 03:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •