Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Who is the best receiver on the team other than Moss?

I go with Kelly. I love the kids speed. I've loved him since the first time I saw him play.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

M-rob if he can stay healthy and produce on a constant basis. ANyone remember how good he can be, ie raven and seahawks last year? 4 tds. Beats moss' best receiving td day. :shock:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Yeap I vote for Jim Kleinsasser, I don't care stats he is a great team player and has over the years been one of the best assets for the team good hands and strong blocking so in my book he is da man...thanks for the thread
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

My choice is Melwade Moore actually. I know he only played in about one full regular season game, but while watching him in preseason (and the Texans game) I don't think you can ask for a kid with more heart...plus, I didn't see him drop a ball. Him and the pot-head "O" will be the future backs. Bye bye Bennett.

Out of the ones I could pick in your poll, I pick Campbell--he might not be the best posession WR, but he is the most impressive big play WR they have after Moss, of course. He can really stretch the field and is usually with a mismatched cover LB.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

I think Burleson and Campbell both have loads of potential in their respective abilities (Nate: Routes, catching; Kelly: Raw speed), but Robinson has more experience, and he's very well rounded in his skills (Height, awareness, catching, and respectable speed, if not blazing). One thing that I think Robinson can do better than the other two is shake off tacklers and get yards on the ground. But overall, the most important thing to me is that all of these guys complement each other wonderfully, and each one poses a different but important challenge to opposing defenses. Proof of that lies in Daunte's ability to spread the ball around to everyone in all areas of the field. It's all about the total package, baby!
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

This was one very, very great poll. Nice job. I looked at JK, then voted for Nate. Wish we had JK here. M-Rob is better, IF, he stays healthy, obviously. I sure hope he does. Nate has impressed me, he is maturing nicely. I LOVE Campbell's speed. Speed kills, and Kelly has a TON of it. I love how they are working him in on the little short passes and stuff, to where he can blast off. Bet he hits paydirt more than once this season off off those. That poll should be for other teams, and read, "which receiver, other than Moss would you rather have beat you". You could also add an all of the above button. =).

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It was a toss up between Nate and Marcus. I had to go with Marcus. I think he is a little bit more athletic. But, I think that Nate might have a little more speed. I think the athletism to go up and get the ball and the body control is a bigger attribute than pure speed.

Robinson

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Who is the best receiver on the team other than Moss?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    My vote goes to Nate Burleson. I am a big fan of this kid ever since reading about how excited he was to be drafted by the Vikings last year. He goes out on the field, works very hard, runs his routes and does whatever the team needs him to do. He has a great attitude and I'm very glad we picked him up.

Of coarse the majority are gonna pick robinson, after his last game, but I have been saying all offseason, when everyone was attacking robinson for sitting out with a sore hamstring, that robinson was really good when healthy. He is definitely better than burleson, who I like, but he(burleson) still has a lot to learn. The only negative fon robinson, is that he has big games, then games that seem like he isn't even playing. But with how well daunte is playing right now, I expect him to find robinson a lot this year, so long as he stays healthy. We saw in the houston game, that robinson is singled all the time, and he can burn single coverage all day long. That is something that I don't see from burleson yet.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:
    I think Burleson and Campbell both have loads of potential in their respective abilities (Nate: Routes, catching; Kelly: Raw speed), but Robinson has more experience, and he's very well rounded in his skills (Height, awareness, catching, and respectable speed, if not blazing). One thing that I think Robinson can do better than the other two is shake off tacklers and get yards on the ground. But overall, the most important thing to me is that all of these guys complement each other wonderfully, and each one poses a different but important challenge to opposing defenses. Proof of that lies in Daunte's ability to spread the ball around to everyone in all areas of the field. It's all about the total package, baby!
    Odin is right on the money...with our stable of complimentary WRs, we can throw many different types of packages at opponents...Mr. Robinson can take control of the neighborhood with his size and experience, NateDog (CC, Jr.) can do it with his superb catching ability and route running, Mini-Moss (KC) adds a dimension that stretches the field and our two super TEs will catch anything that is thrown underneath. Throw in MM (who might be the next Marshall Faulk) and you've got a passing attack that is second to none. Anyway you slice it, Daunte has multiple options when he drops back to pass, and he knows exactly how to use them to his full advantage.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah Burleson is not the kind of receiver who will burn the defender going deep, but we need him to attack the middle of the field. I have seen Burleson make a lot of nice gains of 10-20 yards going over the middle.

Robinson is the more consistent compliment to Moss though because of his ability to go deep, something he was able to do a lot of against Houston.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast