Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    greg is offline Training Camp

Who actually goes to games?

when your jumping up and down after the pack scores on the vikes, your not freezing your ass off, besides minn. is a lot colder than wisc. in the winter, warmer in the summer
    God Bless Pat Tillman

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I am a season ticket holder, but since I live 700 miles away I only make it to a couple of games a year and sell the rest.

And yes, Greg, the Vikings sell out EVERY GAME in the regular season.

I like the atmosphere in the Dome (lots of party animals around my seats), but that said, I'd prefer to freeze my butt off in the elements like the diehards that filled the Met. Would love to have that kind of home field advantage again.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I was a season ticket holder the last two years, but I gambled all my money away, so I have to watch them on Tv this year ;-)
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

season ticket holders for 6 or 7 years. SKOL!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I got married in '82, and that weekend I took my wife to a game and got on the waiting list for season tickets. 5 years later I got the call and have had season tickets ever since. I like the dome because it's loud, but I think we lost a lot of our home field advantage when we moved indoors. I look forward to a re-tractable stadium, but I hope they leave it open as long as it's above zero degrees fahrenheit.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

i love going to games. i try to go to one a year. you do miss some things when you are there that you get on tv

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"greg" wrote:
    when your jumping up and down after the pack scores on the vikes, your not freezing your ass off, besides minn. is a lot colder than wisc. in the winter, warmer in the summer

Didn't do much jumping up and down last year at Lambeau, did you greg?
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've managed to get to at least one game each season since 2000 with two games in 2002. Our restriction is distance, expense and fitting games in with work schedules.
    Would love to get out one year for a game at Christmas, that would be a blast. Currently looking at this season and leaning towards being at the Titans game .. maybe see some of you there
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I've only made it to one game at the Dome, for the playoff game against the Saints a couple years back. I have however made it to two Bears-Vikings games at Soldier Field. The 45 min drive to Chicago is a lot easier than the 7 hour drive to Minnesota. It's fun to be "the enemy".

Since i have lived in New Mexico for the past ten years i rarely get a chance to see any games in person. I did have the oppurtunity to see the Cardinal game last year. :angryfire: And this year we play in Houston, but that is not as close. Then again, I do have relatives and friends in the Twin Cities, Green Bay (where I grew up) and Cincinnati so my chances of seeing games are greater than the average out of towner.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast