Re: Who are the 6?

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.
    Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!
    I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUycaEacyU
    Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.

Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."
    Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.
    Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=
    The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.
    Max Vike has got my vote!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

PurpleGator wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Winfield knew it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!
    I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUycaEacyU

Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.
    Max Vike has got my vote!
    Thanks my friend. Can't have a divided PP.O

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Maybe the team will pull it together, after the vets speak, and suck it up for a big win in Chicago, and a winning streak down the stretch putting us back in the hunt.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:

Winfield knew it.

LOL!

=Z=

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=
    Phat Pat said he has Chiller's back...but Allen didn't say he supported Chiller. He said it was simply rumors, and that it was meaningless. He also stated that some things should stay in-house.

But Mars is correct, the "Critics' have to stay anonymous....unless they want to wind up cut. This is exactly what I said when Zygi was interviewing players...no one will ever speak out "On the Record" until Chiller is gone...and even then they won't - if they're smart.

Caine

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Exactly right, Caine. The guys can't say what they really feel, for fear of reprisal. And they should be afraid. We've witnessed it several times already.

This is why I get so angry at the talking heads who called our guys cowards for not speaking on the record. Bruschi and Theisman in particular were quite loud about it.

Get real, idiots. Nobody is going to come out in public when their job is on the line.

It's true that anonymous "quotes" need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'd much rather hear them speak out that way than not at all.

Oh, and I'd have to think that the Chicago media is somewhat responsible for this, as well. I'm sure that the players didn't go to them and volunteer these quotes. The interviewer must have told them, "I'll keep your names out of it, but I want to know how you really feel."

So I don't blame the players at all. As long as they keep playing hard.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    Exactly right, Caine. The guys can't say what they really feel, for fear of reprisal. And they should be afraid. We've witnessed it several times already.

This is why I get so angry at the talking heads who called our guys cowards for not speaking on the record. Bruschi and Theisman in particular were quite loud about it.

Get real, idiots. Nobody is going to come out in public when their job is on the line.

It's true that anonymous "quotes" need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'd much rather hear them speak out that way than not at all.

Oh, and I'd have to think that the Chicago media is somewhat responsible for this, as well. I'm sure that the players didn't go to them and volunteer these quotes. The interviewer must have told them, "I'll keep your names out of it, but I want to know how you really feel."

Correct.

This is why you don't here players speak out about their team or coaches until after they have gone to another team.

Also what Zeus & others are not recognizing is that "I got your back" & liking a coach are two different things.

"I got your back" means as long as your head coach, I have a job to do & that is to play for you whether I personally like you or your coaching techniques or not.

Just because the public doesn't know who the 6 are doesn't mean the writer doesn't know or that Childress doesn't know. It simply means they don't want the public to know. They may have or may not have told Childress how they feel. I'm sure they told Wilf how they feel in the personal interviews.

If I was a player, I probably wouldn't mind telling him what I thought about his coaching face to face with him, but I wouldn't want the public to know since a day might come I'd might be testing FA & looking for work with another team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    Traveling_Vike wrote:

Correct.

This is why you don't here players speak out about their team or coaches until after they have gone to another team.

Also what Zeus & others are not recognizing is that "I got your back" & liking a coach are two different things.

"I got your back" means as long as your head coach, I have a job to do & that is to play for you whether I personally like you or your coaching techniques or not.

Just because the public doesn't know who the 6 are doesn't mean the writer doesn't know or that Childress doesn't know. It simply means they don't want the public to know. They may have or may not have told Childress how they feel. I'm sure they told Wilf how they feel in the personal interviews.

If I was a player, I probably wouldn't mind telling him what I thought about his coaching face to face with him, but I wouldn't want the public to know since a day might come I'd might be testing FA & looking for work with another team.
    I'm calling "shenanigans" on that bit right there. You would not ball up and tell Chiller off if you were a player...and neither would I. Not if we had any hope of staying on the roster.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Caine wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:

Winfield knew it.

LOL!

=Z=

What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=
    Phat Pat said he has Chiller's back...but Allen didn't say he supported Chiller. He said it was simply rumors, and that it was meaningless. He also stated that some things should stay in-house.

But Mars is correct, the "Critics' have to stay anonymous....unless they want to wind up cut. This is exactly what I said when Zygi was interviewing players...no one will ever speak out "On the Record" until Chiller is gone...and even then they won't - if they're smart.

Caine
    We all know but may have forgotten what happened to Marcus Robinson.

I'm 100% confident that Moss had Childress pegged to a "T". He could afford to be quite open & public about it. Other players aren't as fortunate.

While Childress should be learning from one of historys best QB's, instead he's trying to tell him how to play.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

delviking wrote:
    Plus its from a chicago paper the week we play them for the first time seems fishy to me.
    Sean Jensen was a reporter in Minneapolis. I don't think he would do them like that.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    Sean also has relationships with these guys from being involved with the Pioneer Press.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast