Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the 6?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who are the 6?

MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.
    Umm, what you are forgetting is respect.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

That's the difference. Very few, if any, players actually respect him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Thus the OL & it's scheme that they haven't been able to fix in 5 years for 1.

Birk knew it. That's why he left. Idiots shouldn't be teaching.

Winfield knew it.

Sharper knew it, but got blasted by fans here when he spoke up about it.

Moss knew it & Moss spoke up about it. Moss wanted out because of it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!
    I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUycaEacyU
    Because this story SUPPORTS Childress, it won't get much play on PPO.

Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Honestly, I don't care. I still hate my position coach from HS and my HC from college. I call piling on and Bull Shit by the press. I understand there are issues...but, how many people "liked" Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, George Halas...etc.! Don't mistake the comment/question to a comparison to those great coaches.

In fact, ask yourself, "do I like my CEO?" If the answer is no, do you not work hard when you go to work? Have some fucking pride Vikings...shut your mouths and play ball for US, the people that actually pay you.

Players may not always like their coach, but if the respect him & buy into what he's selling, they'll play for him.

Lombardi had a lot of players who didn't like him, but they sure as hell respected him.

The brunt of what I'm hearing though, is what I've thought for years. Players are saying his football acumen is minimal. In other words, we have a HC knows literally jackshit about football, yet he's trying to teach it.

Winfield knew it.

Favre knows it also. Imagine a coach with limited football acumen trying to tell him how an offense should be run?

LOL!
    I'm not forgetting respect. And, not gonna argue point by point. I just think this is bullshit. I guess I look at it like Jared Allen and Pat Williams do... http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/107353163.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUycaEacyU

Big Pat Williams made it loud and clear he's not a big fan of unnamed sources during an otherwise quiet media access period inside the Vikings' locker room Thursday.

Asked about a Chicago Sun-Times article that cited six unnamed Vikings who said they wanted coach Brad Childress fired, the nose tackle didn't hold anything back.

"That's just all reports," he said. "Ain't no names. ... So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. They ain't going to put no names out there, so I don't know if it's true or not.

"That's like somebody [spreading a rumor about me], but they don't have to tell me who said it," Williams added. "If somebody starts that rumor, [people are] going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor."
    =Z=
    Sure it will get play. It supports a divided locker room.

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:

Winfield knew it.

LOL!

Only to those who believe that fantasy.

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:

Winfield knew it.

LOL!

The people who will speak on record say no such thing. If the rumor was that everyone loves Childress, you wouldn't believe one word of it. But because it's negative, you accept it as gospel.

=Z=
    The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:

Winfield knew it.

LOL!

=Z=
    The only fantasy is those who think there is no problem.

The ole nothing to come back with so you say "you wouldn't believe it if it was the other way around." Get some new material.

You must not have an understanding of reporting. If someone revealed their negative source they would never get a scoop again.
    What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    What I understand is two of the most respected voices in the locker room have spoken out in support of Childress and basically told the others to shut the fuck up.

=Z=
    That is pretty much what happened. And I am glad that it did. Not because I like Childress or want him around after this season - but because a lockerroom that doesn't support the head coach will have a tougher time winning than one that does. Williams and Allen did what leaders SHOULD do.

It is a pity that the locker room is in this state to begin with. For that I do put a lot of the blame on Childress.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Purple Floyd wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    6 Minnesota Vikings Want Brad Childress Fired, Who Could It Be?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515046-report-6-vikings-want-brad-childress-fired-who-could-it-be?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_ campaign=br_vikings#page/2
    My guess-

Allen
    [strike]Favre[/strike]
    Harvin
    Hutch
    Winfield
    Williams
    I would replace Favre with Berrian. Not that I think Favre likes the guy but I don't think he would give any indications of that to a reporter. he is smarter than that, he has enough trouble right now with Sterger.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

delviking is offline Starter

no named sources and two of the most repected Vets on the team say they dont listen to it and its rubish.

Plus its from a chicago paper the week we play them for the first time seems fishy to me.

does all the players like the chilly of course not but to quote chilly in a press conference recently "You play for your brother to your left and right."

I love it that Sid got all defensive about it as well. I also love it that Jared and Pat came out and squashed this story too. Theismann last night called the unnamed players gutless as well.

The win last week, a little fire and brimstone from Vets and media guys alike, could ignite a second half run!

Skol!~

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Williams
    Williams also was asked about former teammate Chester Taylor, now the Bears' backup running back.

"I don't care about no Chester," he said. "He's not on our team, so I really don't care about him. If you aren't on the Vikings, I don't care about you. ... That's how I roll. Chester don't even start, so we don't worry about him right now. He's the backup, so we're going to try and put the other back out and put Chester in there."
    Best part of the article. I love me Phat Pat!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast