Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whizzinator ?

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Whizzinator ?

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I almost forgot about the Whizzinator!
    Thanks for the memories!

;D

Really is a shame, but I don't think Whiz was ever going to amount to anything more than an above average back.
    Like stated above, we have Chester to take his place now, and frankly, I I'm happy with Chester.
    I liked Onterrio, but I agree, he may have only been an above average back.
    He was strong, quick, and saw the field well.
    When he touched the ball, I always thought only good things can happen now.

Too bad he could not stay off the dope.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I really feel bad about it, because I thought he had so much talent. And you are right, he hit the hole fast and had good instincts and "downfield vision" and speed. It really is a shame. Anyway, Onterrio, if you are out there, in my heart, you will always be a Viking !! Whoever ends his career (no matter how) in purple, stays purple forever, as far as I am concerned...

(I am kind of glad that Jarred Allen is "just" a drinker, rather than a toker)

mewario is offline Starter

The Original Whizzinator was awesome.
    He would have been a consistent 1000 yard back guy for many years.. if it wasn't for his love of pot.
    Very reliable back with some nice moves, too.

Alcoholics are just so much more pleasant to be around than tokers.
    :
    I wish the driver who hit me head on was a toker instead of 'just' a drinker, probably would have had more reaction time. 'Just' drinking has ruined more lives than weed by a massive margin. What's weed done besides provide a better alternative for stress than pharmaceuticals...
    you might buy a whizzinator or eat some more junk food, but all the fatty mcfats will eat that without the help of weed. Hate to break it to you, but a plethora of athletes smoke, including the receiver that went for 23 tds last season. 'Just' drinking turns alcoholics into monsters. SP - I am definitely not glad JA is a drinker, would you let him have 'just' one more drink.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Young" wrote:
    Alcoholics are just so much more pleasant to be around than tokers.
    :
    I wish the driver who hit me head on was a toker instead of 'just' a drinker, probably would have had more reaction time. 'Just' drinking has ruined more lives than weed by a massive margin. What's weed done besides provide a better alternative for stress than pharmaceuticals...
    you might buy a whizzinator or eat some more junk food, but all the fatty mcfats will eat that without the help of weed. Hate to break it to you, but a plethora of athletes smoke, including the receiver that went for 23 tds last season. 'Just' drinking turns alcoholics into monsters. SP - I am definitely not glad JA is a drinker, would you let him have 'just' one more drink.
    Nope. Because if he is an alcoholic, he won't stop at one. It's not the last one that'll get ya, it's the first one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I knew a guy in high school who was FRIED from smoking too much pot. He lost his motivation and was like he was not there. Ever see someone like that ? (Dr. Drew Pinsky from the "Dr. Drew Show" sometimes talks about this, about how pot can really fry your brain).

Another factor is that, because pot is not legal, there is no quality control. When I drink a Heineken, I know it has exactly 4.5 % (or whatever) alcohol, and not, say, 12.5 % because the guy who made it screwed the batch up...

Funny, but I have known a lot of drinkers in my life, and they were almost all cool. But the tokers invariably have big issues...

I saw a research study done once that showed that the most successful CEOs drink more than the average person. It is true in most countries. Alcohol provides the following health benefits:

- Protects the heart
    - Protects against dementia
    - etc. etc. etc.

In fact, alcohol is the ONLY drug that has such health benefits, recognized in the medical community...

Those are just two, but heart disease is the VAST killer of men and women in our country, and thus, because of alcohol's protective qualities for the heart, saves millions of lives every year (in fact, if the 35 % of Americans who never drink were to take up drinking red wine, the heart disease rate in our country would fall and we would save literally millions of lives, and billions of dollars). Very few people in this country talks about this much, because we live in a temperance, Protestant nation that also has been very strongly influenced by anti-alcohol hysteria and AA "brainwashing". There is a lot of evidence on this, and if you read it with an open mind, you can see it.

Of course, overdrinking (more than 4 drinks per day) is a big contributor of all kinds of problems. But people who drink 1-4 drinks per day (particularly red wine) have 30 % lower death rates than non-drinkers.

Most of the AA core philosophy on drinking has been proven to be not based in science, but rather, ideology. It can even be harmful.

I just hope that J. Allen either abstains completely, or learns to moderate and "matures out of" whatever problems he had.

"StillPurple" wrote:

Most of the AA core philosophy on drinking has been proven to be not based in science, but rather, ideology. It can even be harmful.
    You want to try explaining that better so I can understand what you are trying to say. The way I read it, you make it sound like AA can be harmful.

To the contrary, AA serves a better purpose in recovery than any clinic or counceling (from a non-alcoholic councelor) can. Most can't stay in recovery without it.

Alcohols protective quality = millions of lives saved. And I thought the - 'I'm glad JA is 'just' a drinker' comment was ludicrous. I drink red wine with a meal or two, and I know that a glass (not 4) of red wine is good, but how many drinkers stop at the minimal amount to reap the health benefits. Too much and there goes your kidney and liver, two of the more under-appreciated organs, you don't hear much about them anymore.
    I like how you've managed to weave Protestant in there... didn't know that had anything to do with anything. AA 'brainwashing' = fantastic, pure comedy. Please comment some more...

"Young" wrote:

AA 'brainwashing' = fantastic, pure comedy. Please comment some more...
    So you think AA = Brainwashing & pure comedy? Please tell me how & why you think that & also enlighten me with the number of meetings you attended to base your comment on?

Everyone who studies this issue in depth knows the reality. A book I would highly suggest is called "The Red Wine Diet", by Prof. Roger Corder. Corder is a British professor I think of microbiology and has written a book about the hard science behind this issue. It is very, very interesting and lists all the studies done in Europe and all over that back up what I have written.

Regarding AA, it is now widely known that only 5 % of people who enter their program stay and are "cured". Even AA now admits this ! AA was started by people in the "Oxford Movement", which was a religious temperance movement (the founder of the Oxford movement also had some nice things to say about Hitler and the Nazis !). If you read the real scientific literature, you can find out that the vast majority of people who overcome a drug or alcohol problem do it on their own, without a 12-step program.

Of course, you have to read the real literature on this, not listen to what our government or the NIH or AA themselves say.

I mean, think about it, one of the pre-requisites that AA lays down before you attend one of their meetings (as I understand it), is that you give up drinking. But if you can give up drinking like that, you don't need AA ! And they don't see the contradiction there !

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast