Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Whittaker arrested!!!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    False Alarm - Whitaker not at fault

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    AFTER FURTHER REVIEW . . . .

We've decided to clear out the six Turd Points that were applied to Vikings cornerback Ronyell Whitaker as a result of his mistaken arrest on Thursday.

Our decision is unrelated to the 264 e-mails we received on the topic.
    (We didn't realize the Vikings had so many fans.)
    And we say this specifically because we don't want to get 264 e-mails whenever there is disagreement regarding one of our Turd Watch rulings.

With that said, we will not be re-setting the "days without an arrest counter" to April 15.
    Whitaker was arrested, even though it wasn't his fault.

Besides, we're still not sure what will happen if that meter ever hits double digits.
    So "01" looks a lot better to us than "05."

But, hey, the weekend is here.
    It'll be back to "00" by Monday.
    Thanks for the update, NP.
    I haven't been able to eat my breakfast while worrying about what would happen with the Turd Watch points!

LOL.
    Man, are we starved for something newsworthy!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I never said I think he should be cut.
    There has been a mistake made.
    He has been cleared.
    There are a whole lot full of people who drive recklessly on the road, all you have to do is look out of your window.

"vike_mike" wrote:
    I never said I think he should be cut.
    There has been a mistake made.
    He has been cleared.
    There are a whole lot full of people who drive recklessly on the road, all you have to do is look out of your window.
    Not cleared of the reckless driving, but of evading the court appearance..... which was the clerical mistake.

I'm looking out my window..... no bad driving.
    I guess I have to visit Mpls after midnight?

Whitaker will (should) be brought to camp and allowed to compete against Winfield, Edwards, Griffin, Gordon, etc.
    He will likely make the team as a ST player, and designated as a CB on the roster, or be cut.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    The Cedric Griffin story is getting more ink, but, in a similar vein to what was reported here yesterday, it looks like Griffin was more a victim of circumstance than causing trouble. According to unnamed sources at ProFootballTalk.com, Griffin was concluding a meeting with his banker and invited by the manager of Spin night club to sit in the VIP Room. It was only when he had to use the men’s room that he was accosted by a bouncer telling him to hitch up his pants. When he protested the club’s dress code, he was promptly ejected, where he found little in the way of solace from the cops. The PFT story also cites a source claiming that Griffin “promptly called Brad Childress.” We’re hoping prompt doesn’t mean a 2 a.m. call from stone house, but it’s looking more obvious that this was a minor incident and not something to be concerned about
    Sage - I read this on VU.com.
    If you are gonna copy and paste their material, you have to atleast cite them or provide a link.
    Otherwise it looks like you are passing it off as your own thoughts.

The only reason why i wouldn't cry foul on this is because the sentence structure was too good to be your own post
    :P
    J/K!!
    Sage gets to go back to hell for violating copyright rules!!!!
    NO POSTING VU STUFF!

yeah!

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

just a little brush in with hi-po..no biggie. whitaker is legit plus he jacks his jaw so much its insane, i love it.
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Webby" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    The Cedric Griffin story is getting more ink, but, in a similar vein to what was reported here yesterday, it looks like Griffin was more a victim of circumstance than causing trouble. According to unnamed sources at ProFootballTalk.com, Griffin was concluding a meeting with his banker and invited by the manager of Spin night club to sit in the VIP Room. It was only when he had to use the men’s room that he was accosted by a bouncer telling him to hitch up his pants. When he protested the club’s dress code, he was promptly ejected, where he found little in the way of solace from the cops. The PFT story also cites a source claiming that Griffin “promptly called Brad Childress.” We’re hoping prompt doesn’t mean a 2 a.m. call from stone house, but it’s looking more obvious that this was a minor incident and not something to be concerned about
    Sage - I read this on VU.com.
    If you are gonna copy and paste their material, you have to atleast cite them or provide a link.
    Otherwise it looks like you are passing it off as your own thoughts.

The only reason why i wouldn't cry foul on this is because the sentence structure was too good to be your own post
    :P
    J/K!!
    Sage gets to go back to hell for violating copyright rules!!!!
    NO POSTING VU STUFF!

yeah!
    LMAO!
    He's been sent back to Hell again?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Police Apologize to Vikings Cornerback[/size]

Posted Apr 21st 2007 10:14AM by JJ Cooper
    AOL Sorts

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

After a little more time to look at things, the police admitted that Whitaker should have never been sent to jail.

Whitaker was arrested when he walked to his illegally parked car. When the cops ran his license they found an outstanding warrant for some unpaid tickets. There was only one problem--Whitaker had paid the ticket and his attorney found the receipt to prove it. Poor Whitaker wasn't even responsible for parking the car illegally--a valet service had parked it.
    [img width=400 height=300]http://www.cibolafarms.com/images/Pigs/pigs-in-feed-04-02-01.jpg[/img]

SageVike is offline Starter

I feel sorry for him he was soo close to getting cut if this was a problem. wow i can send people to PP.O Hell. Sweet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234