Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Whittaker arrested!!!

Our friends at KFAN radio in Minneapolis tell us that cornerback Ronyell Whitaker was arrested for DUI and careless driving early Thursday morning.
    The Hennepin County jail roster confirms it.
    Whitaker posted $50 in bail money, and his initial court appearance will occur on May 2.

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

CUT HIM NOW!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

ChosenOne is offline Starter

This is making me sick. I cannot believe Minnesota has had two arrests in less than a week. We are going to seem like a team full of criminals if 1 more arrest occurs.

And Now if Childress is going stay true to his good person then good player theory then we are gonna need new players.
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Whitaker posted $50 in bail money, and his initial court appearance will occur on May 2.
    **SARCASM ON** Well geez, he only had to post a $50 bond so this can't be much worse than a speeding ticket! Probably won't even get suspended. **SARCASM OFF**

Isn't that what some of you claimed when Cedric got arrested?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    **SARCASM ON** Well geez, he only had to post a $50 bond so this can't be much worse than a speeding ticket! **SARCASM OFF

Isn't that what some of you claimed when Cedric got arrested?
    Lol... I thought the same thing when I read that...
    ;D
    -Sno

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Just got this from the star tribune few minutes ago:

The attorney for Vikings cornerback Ronyell Whitaker said the arrest of his client Thursday morning in downtown Minneapolis on an outstanding misdemeanor warrant for drunk driving and careless driving was a "total mistake" and that an apology has been made.
    The warrant stemmed from Whitaker being pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving by the State Patrol last September in Eden Prairie. Whitaker passed the field sobriety test but was issued a citation for reckless driving. Whitaker's attorney, Joe Tamburino, appeared in court on the player's behalf and the ticket was paid.

The matter, however, did not show up as being resolved when police observed Whitaker's vehicle parked illegally at 400 3rd Ave. North at 2:40 this morning. Whitaker's agent, Brian Levy, said Whitaker had been at a club and that the valet service actually parked the car.

When the police ran Whitaker's license through the system the warrant for his arrest mistakenly came up. Whitaker was released from police custody at 5:28 a.m. and hours later Tamburino's office contacted the clerk at the Ridgedale courthouse in Minnesota.

"I have the receipt that we paid the ticket," Tamburino said. "They apologized and said they didn't know why it was marked as a non-appearance by Ronyell. It's a total mistake."

"Redmption" wrote:
    YES, Finally we will get rid of the worst nickleback in the league!!!
    I knew we should have kept Smoot for nickle-back & said we were going to be missing him next year.

Now if they do in fact cut Whitaker over this, who will play nickle-back & what does our depth look like there?

For CB's we have;

Edwards
    Griffin
    Gordon
    Hunter
    Winfield

"singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    I knew we should have kept Smoot for nickle-back & said we were going to be missing him next year.

Now if they do in fact cut Whitaker over this, who will play nickle-back & what does our depth look like there?

For CB's we have;

Edwards
    Griffin
    Gordon
    Hunter
    Winfield
    IIRC, Hunter is a safety.

The Vikings should draft a 'depth CB' in the later rounds; i.e. 6th, 7th in 2007.
    If not, they will hire Enny Green as a consultant regarding transforming an underperforming WR into a CB.
    ;D
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:

For CB's we have;

Edwards
    Griffin
    Gordon
    Hunter
    Winfield
    IIRC, Hunter is a safety.

The Vikings should draft a 'depth CB' in the later rounds; i.e. 6th, 7th in 2007.
    If not, they will hire Enny Green as a consultant regarding transforming an underperforming WR into a CB.
    ;D
    IHTCYB.....Hunter is listed as a CB on their roster & the site;

http://www.vikings.com/player_detail_objectname_will_hunter.html

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SHOULD BE FLOODING PROFOOTBALLTALK WITH EMAILS TO REMOVE HIS POINTS FROM THE TURD WATCH!!! They have already posted an article on this saying they wont remove the points but thats total BS. Its called turd watch, not arrest watch. Putting an innocent guy in with all the other dummies that get themselves into trouble is in very bad taste to me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast