Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Whispers from Pro Football Weekly

• Barring a series of poor outings, the Vikings plan to stick with Mewelde Moore as their No. 1 running back. Michael Bennett worked his way out of the rotation with two fumbles in Week 2 and a series of postgame jabs about the team's quick trigger with individual players that implied a double standard.

• We hear first-round pick Troy Williamson won't be forced into a more prominent role, even if Nate Burleson (knee) remains out of the mix. Williamson could even play behind Koren Robinson, who has specific packages designed for him in the offense. Williamson's 4.4 speed is intriguing, but he was hesitant as a kickoff returner and hasn't picked up the offense quickly.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Whispers from Pro Football Weekly

Well they better be sticking with MeMo after the game on Sunday. Too bad about Williamson, he's on my fantasy team and I can never decide whether to play him. And I didn't play him last week! I hope Burleson will be back soon, tentatively he's supposed to be back for Chicago.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Nate is out for sure against the falcons, and should be back after the bye week. and if not there, he will play against the packers(not like we'll need him). i sure hope MeMo keeps starting. over 100 yards rushing for a team that doesnt seem to like to run that much is pretty good. he should be starting no matter.
    We're bringing purple back.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"OldManVike" wrote:
    • Barring a series of poor outings, the Vikings plan to stick with Mewelde Moore as their No. 1 running back. Michael Bennett worked his way out of the rotation with two fumbles in Week 2 and a series of postgame jabs about the team's quick trigger with individual players that implied a double standard.

• We hear first-round pick Troy Williamson won't be forced into a more prominent role, even if Nate Burleson (knee) remains out of the mix. Williamson could even play behind Koren Robinson, who has specific packages designed for him in the offense. Williamson's 4.4 speed is intriguing, but he was hesitant as a kickoff returner and hasn't picked up the offense quickly.
    man, those people from pro football weekly are soooo smart.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

what if Troy wants to be a more prominent role? that'd be awesome he really showed that he is developing nicely last week against the saints. i really hope he wants to be one of the leaders on offense, i agree we shouldn't FORCE him into like the article says. if we wants to play we should put him out there!

Thanks Josdin

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Troy will get the ball this week, he will get at least 4 catches and have the ball thrown to him at least 6 times.

And he is faster than 4.4, this guy has rockets and will show it as the season progresses.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.