Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Where's the Money Best Spent?


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Where's the Money Best Spent?
    A deep threat WR.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Where's the Money Best Spent?
    A deep threat WR.
    With a weak armed QB? Why?

    I vote secondary or MLB.

  4. #4
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With a weak armed QB? Why?

    I vote secondary or MLB.
    Why the hate for our current MLB. He only does what we ask?

    My three spots are

    1) QB - Won't happen but a trade for smith or a coup for Flacco would be what's needed to get this team to be a contender in the NFC.

    2) WR - Huge need. We need to gut the corp. Jenkins should be our 5th WR.
    Jennings, Hunter, Harvin, Simpson, Wright, Jenkins/Childs ... Would make me happy. Everyone else, gone.

    3) FB - Resign Felton. It's not mistake that Peterson's best season he had a good fullback with him. In 2007 it was Richardson. This year it's Felton ( who was previously known as a pass catcher more than a blocker). I know everone loves the feel good story about AD's determination but in fact more of his success probably has to do with the holes Felton was opening up for him.

    4) DT - I think the guy from the 49ers is still a FA at the end of this year. I would rather draft here but

  5. #5
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    First you would have to see what kind of talent is going to be onthe FA market.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With a weak armed QB? Why?

    I vote secondary or MLB.
    Everybody says that and he tends to throw floaters, but I seen him a few times toss the rock with mucho velocity. Besides that, how about the long bomb in the last game of the year against the pukes? Weak armed qb s dont make that throw. When he steps into it he can throw the damn ball pretty hard because I have seen him do it more than once.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  7. #7
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Everybody says that and he tends to throw floaters, but I seen him a few times toss the rock with mucho velocity. Besides that, how about the long bomb in the last game of the year against the pukes? Weak armed qb s dont make that throw. When he steps into it he can throw the damn ball pretty hard because I have seen him do it more than once.
    One In A Million - Aaliyah - YouTube

    Its the exception not the rule, thats the issue. Any QBin the league can look like they have a rocket arm every now and again. What you should ask yourself is what do you see consistently!!!!!!

  8. #8
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    One In A Million - Aaliyah - YouTube

    Its the exception not the rule, thats the issue. Any QBin the league can look like they have a rocket arm every now and again. What you should ask yourself is what do you see consistently!!!!!!
    The "issue" all season by some was, he has a weak arm, he can't throw it deep. When he showed he could air it out, the "issue" became, he can't do it consistently, or he can't throw deep accurately. The "issue" changed when he showed that, when allowed, he can throw it deep. A weak armed QB is a weak armed QB. You have a strong arm or you don't. Not being allowed to throw it deep, does not make your arm weak.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  9. #9
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    The "issue" all season by some was, he has a weak arm, he can't throw it deep. When he showed he could air it out, the "issue" became, he can't do it consistently, or he can't throw deep accurately. The "issue" changed when he showed that, when allowed, he can throw it deep. A weak armed QB is a weak armed QB. You have a strong arm or you don't. Not being allowed to throw it deep, does not make your arm weak.
    Ok, he has a strong arm.

  10. #10
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013
    I think we are stuck with Ponder for another year so we aren't going to go after a QB in FA. So I think a huge need is obviously at WR, but the rest of our O is pretty solid. We really need to solidify our LB corp and we need a DT. I like our young DBs but we need another solid player there as well.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •