Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where's Daunte?

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Where's Daunte?

Naw....Tice said in his last press conference that Pep's spirits are up and he is back in Minny rehabbing at Winter Park.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"mvikes84" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "briboy75" wrote:
    About a week ago I heard that no one has heard from Daunte in a while and people were suspecting that he was in a state of depression. He wasn't returning Tice's calls. Anybody heard anything new about this?
    If you were considered a Pro-Bowl Quarterback, but had lead your team to only 2 unimpressive Victories in 6 games, got hurt for the season, then watched a beat up, washed up, wuss-armed back-up come in and win 3 straight, wouldn't YOU be depressed? I know I would be.

If you spent the entire preseason being told by everyone from the Coaches to teh Media to your next-door neighbor that it's "Your Team"...then watched some other guy win with it where you couldn't, wouldn't YOU be depressed? I would be.

This period isn't about Daunte just healing his knee. It's also got to be about Daunte getting his head right. When he comes back - and I'm sure he will - he has to be able to step up and perform to the level expected of him...not fall apart and sputter like he did this season. What's more, he knows this better than anyone.

If Brad continues to win, people are increasingly going to look at Daunte and say, "Why couldn't YOU do that?" No one is going to look at the passing stats and say, "Geez, your numbers are waaaay better than Johnson's", they're all going to look at the win-loss columns. And, right now, Johnson has more wins after playing half as many games.

That's pressure.

Most importantly, Daunte has to understand the fact that the best Leader isn't the guy who can do everything the best...it's the guy who can get those around him to do everything better.

So, depressed? yeah, I'd say he has reason to be. No one is saying, "If only we had Daunte back". All I have heard is, "If only we had Moss back". That has to hurt.

All in all, Daunte has a lot to recover from...and his knee injury is just the tip of the iceberg.

I sure hope he does it.

Caine
    I don't! We are doing great without this OVERRATED, OVERPAID TURNOVER MACHINE. Let's hope he doesn't ever return any phone calls and disappears out of Minnesota for good.
    When quoting, make sure you put your comments on the OUTSIDE of the quote box (Like I did with your edited comment above), or it looks like I said it...

Or, use color within the quote box to differentiate between commentators.

Caine

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Naw....Tice said in his last press conference that Pep's spirits are up and he is back in Minny rehabbing at Winter Park.

ok thanks.. thats what i was looking for. glad his spirits are up.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

im really happy his spirits are up he is gonna need it.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

He's back in town. I saw him around a couple times last week.

Hopefully not on the highway 494 strip ala Tommy Kramer.....

It's not daunte's fault he was placed in such a large hole in the beginning of the season, the line couldnt block, daunte was sacked too many times. If you blame the losses on him you need to watch football a little closer. The d is playing better the vikings are not down by 14 points plus they are playing worse teams, besides the giants, detroit and the packers are terrible teams, the giants did not show up. Johnson is old and cannot make a deep pass for the life of him, If anyone thinks he is better than pep...good luck thinking that, pull out the faded johnson jerseys and the zuba's and enjoy the day! Pep is the future and he will bring the SUPER BOWL TITLE TO MN.
    You republican whore!

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE6DF103FF933A25757C0A9669582 60

Hopefully it never comes to this for Pep.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

pepper will be back, the way he is going right now it seems that his injury is not career ending, daunte will be back and although he will not be as mobile as before (but who knows look at mcgahee) im betting he will be as effiecient as ever.

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE6DF103FF933A25757C0A9669582 60

Hopefully it never comes to this for Pep.
    Unless Daunte retires at the top of his game with a Super Bowl win ala John Elway, most QB's are either demoted, traded (whether it be their choice or not) or forced into retirement.

It's inevitable.

There is the exception though. Dan Marino prolonged the rebuilding of the Dolphins franchise due to his legendary status among Dolphins fans and refusal to retire (kinda like what Brett Favre is doing in GB). Marino stuck around breaking records, not winning championships.

And not many Green Bay fans want Favre gone and playing in another uniform, but the reality of the situation is that the longer he sticks around, the longer it's gonna take the team to rebuild. But, that's fine with me. Favre is an interception machine. I hope he sticks around for a couple more years...

Regarding Daunte, the jury is still out. We'll have to wait and see how he performs when he comes back. I hope better than ever.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast