Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's Daunte?

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Where's Daunte?

About a week ago I heard that no one has heard from Daunte in a while and people were suspecting that he was in a state of depression. He wasn't returning Tice's calls. Anybody heard anything new about this?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where's Daunte?

"briboy75" wrote:
    About a week ago I heard that no one has heard from Daunte in a while and people were suspecting that he was in a state of depression. He wasn't returning Tice's calls. Anybody heard anything new about this?
    If you were considered a Pro-Bowl Quarterback, but had lead your team to only 2 unimpressive Victories in 6 games, got hurt for the season, then watched a beat up, washed up, wuss-armed back-up come in and win 3 straight, wouldn't YOU be depressed? I know I would be.

If you spent the entire preseason being told by everyone from the Coaches to teh Media to your next-door neighbor that it's "Your Team"...then watched some other guy win with it where you couldn't, wouldn't YOU be depressed? I would be.

This period isn't about Daunte just healing his knee. It's also got to be about Daunte getting his head right. When he comes back - and I'm sure he will - he has to be able to step up and perform to the level expected of him...not fall apart and sputter like he did this season. What's more, he knows this better than anyone.

If Brad continues to win, people are increasingly going to look at Daunte and say, "Why couldn't YOU do that?" No one is going to look at the passing stats and say, "Geez, your numbers are waaaay better than Johnson's", they're all going to look at the win-loss columns. And, right now, Johnson has more wins after playing half as many games.

That's pressure.

Most importantly, Daunte has to understand the fact that the best Leader isn't the guy who can do everything the best...it's the guy who can get those around him to do everything better.

So, depressed? yeah, I'd say he has reason to be. No one is saying, "If only we had Daunte back". All I have heard is, "If only we had Moss back". That has to hurt.

All in all, Daunte has a lot to recover from...and his knee injury is just the tip of the iceberg.

I sure hope he does it.

Caine

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

All of Dauntes life he has had to overcome adversity, and this should be no different. He'll learn and he'll correct it. I agree with everything Caine said, but he'll overcome it.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

The guy just had a major surgery....Probably feels like crap...

I've had a couple big surgerys, and trust me, for the first week or so, your so doped up on pain killers and stuff, that you don't want to talk so much to people and you do get alot of quiet rest that is needed..

I'm sure he's doing fine, just going thru the first stag of healing..

He has a long way to go, but I think C-Pep is strong in mind and will..........

He will be back........

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I heard an interview from Tice on Wednesday and he said that Daunte was back in the Twin Cities on Saturday and he's been rehabbing at winter park since Monday...Tice also said that Peppy is very high spirited and already working his keyster off in rehab.....

http://www.startribune.com/stories/124/5744200.html

listen and learn my friends....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Its kinda interesting how every three to fours years everything changes. One day, fans, the media, the players & coaches, think a team like the 2000 Ravens are the way to play football. The next day, everyone wants a team like the 1998 Vikings. Fantasy football has had a negetive impact that counters the term winning. I guess bottomline, its all about wining. Its not how many yards you pass or run....its how many W's and L's.

Ever since 1998, I think Vikings fans have gotten used to the big play offense - but since 1999 - look at how many games where we lost were lopsided. I like the balance on our team right now. Hopefully, this whole trama Culpepper has had to indure will be beneficial to him (take a seat and watch) in the long run.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"Caine" wrote:
    "briboy75" wrote:
    If you were considered a Pro-Bowl Quarterback, but had lead your team to only 2 unimpressive Victories in 6 games, got hurt for the season, then watched a beat up, washed up, wuss-armed back-up come in and win 3 straight, wouldn't YOU be depressed? I know I would be.

If you spent the entire preseason being told by everyone from the Coaches to teh Media to your next-door neighbor that it's "Your Team"...then watched some other guy win with it where you couldn't, wouldn't YOU be depressed? I would be.

This period isn't about Daunte just healing his knee. It's also got to be about Daunte getting his head right. When he comes back - and I'm sure he will - he has to be able to step up and perform to the level expected of him...not fall apart and sputter like he did this season. What's more, he knows this better than anyone.

If Brad continues to win, people are increasingly going to look at Daunte and say, "Why couldn't YOU do that?" No one is going to look at the passing stats and say, "Geez, your numbers are waaaay better than Johnson's", they're all going to look at the win-loss columns. And, right now, Johnson has more wins after playing half as many games.

That's pressure.

Most importantly, Daunte has to understand the fact that the best Leader isn't the guy who can do everything the best...it's the guy who can get those around him to do everything better.

So, depressed? yeah, I'd say he has reason to be. No one is saying, "If only we had Daunte back". All I have heard is, "If only we had Moss back". That has to hurt.

All in all, Daunte has a lot to recover from...and his knee injury is just the tip of the iceberg.

I sure hope he does it.
    I don't! We are doing great without this OVERRATED, OVERPAID TURNOVER MACHINE. Let's hope he doesn't ever return any phone calls and disappears out of Minnesota for good.
    Caine

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Its kinda interesting how every three to fours years everything changes. One day, fans, the media, the players & coaches, think a team like the 2000 Ravens are the way to play football. The next day, everyone wants a team like the 1998 Vikings. Fantasy football has had a negetive impact that counters the term winning. I guess bottomline, its all about wining. Its not how many yards you pass or run....its how many W's and L's.

Ever since 1998, I think Vikings fans have gotten used to the big play offense - but since 1999 - look at how many games where we lost were lopsided. I like the balance on our team right now. Hopefully, this whole trama Culpepper has had to indure will be beneficial to him (take a seat and watch) in the long run.
    I never understood that argument about fantasy football. People are saying it hurts the game, and from a fans' perspective I think to a certain extent it does. Merely for the fact that some people are just freaking nutso and go all out for it. I don't understand how it hurts the games though. Is Peyton Manning or Ladanian Tomlinson standing out there going, "gee, i better get some good stats today or Larry Winklestein's Yahoo Sports fantasy football team won't win!" I just don't see how fantasy football affects how the players play the game any more than an office pool pick 'em league does.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

It hurts the game because NFL teams are in business of selling tickets, merchandise, and obtaining as many nationally televised games as possible. Look at McCombs - get a couple of fantasy superstars (moss & culpepper) and sell tickets. The average fan is the ultimate customer of the NFL and there are an overwhelming # of people interested in fantasy football.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

ok, back to daunte. im guessing that no one has heard anything about his status?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast