Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Where's the BIG MONEY O LINE????????

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The OLINE cost us the game today. They caused the fumble by sucking so much a$$. They sucked in preseason and still suck. Every yard Taylor made, he earned. You see Hutching letting guys blow by him? Only time you hear Hicks name is when he holds. Spencer couldnt block me. They all suck. Mck is so slow how he got the big check is beyond me.
    They are not that bad.
    How long have they all played together?

So, let me get this straight.
    They caused the fumble by "sucking a$$?"
    And they still suck.
    No glimmer of improvement?

I guess you are right, they all suck.

Thanks for the intuitive post and use of English.
    Thank You Ultra!!
    Sweet Mother McCreedy

These crap posts remind me of Dallas Cryboy comments here in Texas
    Geez people FOCUS, know what you you are writing about and not just reactive spit based on Madden game play blather.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Truly a sad and disappointing loss, but when isn't one?

On that fumble, my replay shows Birk whiffing on Harris and if there is one complaint I have about this team is it's lack of consistency of performance from this OL!
    Everyone the world over proclaimed this OL to be top 5 once Hutchinson was signed, but now we see that it takes more than one ultimate player to improve the product!
    McKinnie blew some easy blocks and he gets beat too easily on the inside move from speed guys.
    Hicks is no better than Lewinski or Goldberg!
    Hell, Dixon could probably come out of retirement and outplay Hicks!
    I know, I know!
    A little too much, but you get the drift!
    I was pleased to see a vast improvement from Johnson at RT today and hopefully soon this OL will start to gel and start dominating in the trenches against smaller and quicker teams!

Lastly one has to ask this question!
    Just where the heck was our deep coverage on that go ahead TD by the Bears?
    Either Sharper bit to the right or the play called was bogus to begin with because you do not leave your nickel man one on one with no help over the top!
    Sure it was one break down, but all day we saw this D bend and not break until that lone coverage call!

I've read on several boards already that most were upset with the 4th quarter play calling but I beg to differ.
    So far in 3 games this season our offense has scored once in their last 30 drives into the RED ZONE!
    That cannot continue or this season could be long and ugly!

Looking forward to a road win in Buffalo, but that won't be easy with the Bills defense being their strength!
    I along with most of you hope to see some meaningful drives end with TDs and not field goals!

SKOL Vikings!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"vikeswin2005" wrote:
    REALLY??????????? we should merge all these topics to jump off the bandwagon quick.......but do not go too far because WE will WIN games ....were you complaining week 1 and week 2 the O-line has gone up aginst arguably 3 of the top 10 front 4 including imo the #1(carolina) but back to my point were you complaing when we won the first 2 weeks because they do look the same .........
    it will take a couple more games but I truly think these guys will come together
    When you pay the kind of money we have for an O-line, you just don't want to hear the excuses.
    They are getting top money so they need to get it together.
    It doesn't matter who they are playing . . . they need to be better.
    That's why they are getting this huge money.

LOSERS make excuses.
    WINNERS find a way.

Its time for the line (and the Offense for that matter) to find a way.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Yes we have invested alot of money into our O-line for many years to come.The key words
    in that sentence being, years to come.O-lines are nothing without Chemistry.Look at all the good o-lines around the league, and they've all been with each other for years.I think our line played fine today and as we continue along in the season, they'll play even better.
    Its not excuses, its football.Not everything can happen over night.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I actually think the O-Line is starting to come together.
    They did a pretty decent job protecting Brad today (until a few breakdowns at the end).
    The problem is Williamson needs to catch the DARN ball!!
    He got hosed on the pass interference call today, but he's consistantly been dropping easy passes.
    If he catches the big passes, it helps open everything up (ala Moss).
    I'm sure defenses are just letting him try to make the pass because they know from film it's a 50% chance of him actually catching it (I exaggerate).
    Ugh!!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

You do NOT pay the kind of money our line gets to gel in years to come. They are paid to do their Fing job right now. They got paid too much and are lazy. You see Birk wiff? How about Hutch (3 times). Spencer just plain sucks. And Hicks? Opposing teams just pays him off to do the endzone holds

. Our offense is terrible and 80% of it is the line. 20% is the fact Twill cant hold on to the d@mn ball. You really think they going to keep throwing long passes when their "best" receiver drops em? Chester works his a$$ off for every yard, the line gives him no daylight. All the line had to do was get a few first downs, not let the bears come throw untouched and grab the ball before chester could touch it.

Honestly, only Hicks and Hutch are new.....the rest of the OLINE should be gelling. Birk is sucking, and if hes still hurt take him out. He is getting beat all the time.

Does Childress call the plays? They are as lackluster as he is, cept for really really dumb calls

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The OLINE cost us the game today. They caused the fumble by sucking so much a$$. They sucked in preseason and still suck. Every yard Taylor made, he earned. You see Hutching letting guys blow by him? Only time you hear Hicks name is when he holds. Spencer couldnt block me. They all suck. Mck is so slow how he got the big check is beyond me.
    They are not that bad.
    How long have they all played together?

So, let me get this straight.
    They caused the fumble by "sucking a$$?"
    And they still suck.
    No glimmer of improvement?

I guess you are right, they all suck.

Thanks for the intuitive post and use of English.
    Thank You Ultra!!
    Sweet Mother McCreedy

These crap posts remind me of Dallas Cryboy comments here in Texas
    Geez people FOCUS, know what you you are writing about and not just reactive spit based on Madden game play blather.
    I can accept a close loss early on in the season instead of a blow out! I'm thinkin they're a better team this year than they have been in a while.
    Give them a chance to gel and I think they'll be alright.
    Don't know about y'all but but we could go 0-16 and I'd still wear my purple and gold....
    I d rather have a FLAMING CASES OF HERPES than be a CHEESEHEAD!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"CCthebest" wrote:
    You do NOT pay the kind of money our line gets to gel in years to come. They are paid to do their Fing job right now. They got paid too much and are lazy. You see Birk wiff? How about Hutch (3 times). Spencer just plain sucks. And Hicks? Opposing teams just pays him off to do the endzone holds

. Our offense is terrible and 80% of it is the line. 20% is the fact Twill cant hold on to the d@mn ball. You really think they going to keep throwing long passes when their "best" receiver drops em? Chester works his a$$ off for every yard, the line gives him no daylight. All the line had to do was get a few first downs, not let the bears come throw untouched and grab the ball before chester could touch it.

Honestly, only Hicks and Hutch are new.....the rest of the OLINE should be gelling. Birk is sucking, and if hes still hurt take him out. He is getting beat all the time.

Does Childress call the plays? They are as lackluster as he is, cept for really really dumb calls

Is this the first game you have ever watched?
    We are not talking years, but weeks.
    If all you can pretty much say is "sucks" without any rational thought,
    better do some studying.
    This was an excellent defense we played today, the O-Line did an ok job.
    Did you think we were going to blow them away?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

Is this the first game you have ever watched?
    We are not talking years, but weeks.
    If all you can pretty much say is "sucks" without any rational thought,
    better do some studying.
    This was an excellent defense we played today, the O-Line did an ok job.
    Did you think we were going to blow them away?
    O Line did fine..its the playcalling and reluctance to attempt to score in the red zone that kills us..nothing wrong with the O Line in my opinion, just that the coaches on the offensive side arent doing their jobs at all calling plays
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    Truly a sad and disappointing loss, but when isn't one?

On that fumble, my replay shows Birk whiffing on Harris and if there is one complaint I have about this team is it's lack of consistency of performance from this OL!
    Everyone the world over proclaimed this OL to be top 5 once Hutchinson was signed, but now we see that it takes more than one ultimate player to improve the product!
    McKinnie blew some easy blocks and he gets beat too easily on the inside move from speed guys.
    Hicks is no better than Lewinski or Goldberg!
    Hell, Dixon could probably come out of retirement and outplay Hicks!
    I know, I know!
    A little too much, but you get the drift!
    I was pleased to see a vast improvement from Johnson at RT today and hopefully soon this OL will start to gel and start dominating in the trenches against smaller and quicker teams!

Lastly one has to ask this question!
    Just where the heck was our deep coverage on that go ahead TD by the Bears?
    Either Sharper bit to the right or the play called was bogus to begin with because you do not leave your nickel man one on one with no help over the top!
    Sure it was one break down, but all day we saw this D bend and not break until that lone coverage call!

I've read on several boards already that most were upset with the 4th quarter play calling but I beg to differ.
    So far in 3 games this season our offense has scored once in their last 30 drives into the RED ZONE!
    That cannot continue or this season could be long and ugly!

Looking forward to a road win in Buffalo, but that won't be easy with the Bills defense being their strength!
    I along with most of you hope to see some meaningful drives end with TDs and not field goals!

SKOL Vikings!
    it was a draw play..the linemen were supposed to get through, thats the point of the play..the exchange between brad and chester didnt go right, and thats why there was a fumble..now uve gotta hand that ball off cleanly, but why do you throw on second down? bears have 1 TO and the 2 minutes warning, running on second down will take the clock down do 2:40 in that situation, when the bears will probably use a TO or else let it run down, either way they lose a chance to stop the clock..run on second down, run off time, if you dont get a 1st on the run, THEN PASS on third
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast