Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thunderheart is offline Waterboy

Where's the BIG MONEY O LINE????????

Greetings from the land of the red birds,

Yah I live in phoenix az and have for the last 16 years, but i've remained a vikings fan and will always be no matter where I live.
    Just finished watching the Bears Vikings game...................What the? How do you turn over the ball like that near the end of the fourth quarter with such a small lead.

The next big QUESTION and the subject of this post is WHERE IS THE O LINE THE VIKINGS PAID FOR THIS YEAR??? #1. Brad Johnson is not a mobile quarterback he needs protection, and thats what I thought he would get with the 90 million dollar left side........WHY IS BRAD RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE?????
    ???

Okay now before you all think i'm just gonna slam the vikes .....well i'm not, i'm actually quite impressed with this team. There's a lot more plus's than minus's to this team.

At half time we had all the stats, more offensive yards, more running yards, time of possession to the vikes and Rex Grossman with a 40 something quarterback rating. All against a division leader and a defense ranked 5th in the league. That game was the vikings in all facets of the game. So close to winning , taking the division lead away from the bears and SHUTING UP THE NAYSAYING COMMENTATORS. But now we get to hear we told ya so............

I've kept an eye out all offseason on what this team has done, from the draft to free agency and training camp and pre-season and I knew we had something special.

More positives :

#1. The new owner Z. Wolfe. I think he is commited to bringing a winning team and a champonship to Minnesota as well as commited to building a new stadium which is key in this day and age of free-agency and generating the revenue to remain competitive. I like the hard nose approach he took after the love boat fiasco. WAY TO GO Z !!!!!
    #2. The new head coach Brad Childress. I think he's done a pretty darn good job considering this is a complete overhaul of a dismal 05 team.
    #3. WE HAVE A DEFENSE !!!!!!!!! I can't remember when i've been able to say that with any confidence, this defensive squad is very impressive. I'd probably would have to go back to the eighties with keith millard and co. The 98 team with John Randle and T-bone Williams, Robert Griffith.
    #4. Brad Johnson. I'm pleasently surprised at what Brad's doing so far. He doesn't try to force things if a play is dead he doesn't try to make something out of nothing. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when we got him back and I figured he would be a bit long in the tooth but he's doing a fine job and hope he can keep it up and maybe through the ball down the field a bit more....../nod
    ;D
    #5. Chester Taylor. Awesome performance so far, I believe he is a bit underrated and his numbers in week 3 against the bears are going to make some people rethink their rating of this back.

I think if childress and the offensive coordinator can shore up the O line, they can give Brad Johnson more time to throw the football more and keep the opposing defenses honest.

I've been a fan a long time 30+ years. I'm a native of minnesota, born and raised in nordic country. My heroes growing up ......the Vikings of the 70's and the purple people eaters. Charles Barkley said in a Nike commercial "i'm not a role model". I disagree, as a professional sports player I believe it is your duty and obligation to present your self in a positve light both on and off the field or court. Lets give the people and more importantly the kids in Minnesota something to be proud of and show the rest of the world what I already know, that the people and the state are the BEST in the country.

SKOL VIKINGS

Quote from Braveheart : "They fought like warrior poets"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where's the BIG MONEY O LINE????????

What....

I thought they played pretty well actually, it's not their fault Tommie Harris is offsides every play, it's not humanly possible to get that good of a jump, not even Peppers was in the backfield like that, and no one is faster off the corner than he is, no one. It's just the NFL protects the Bears.

The Bears blitz a lot, and I saw a lot of great things out of Bryant McKinnie, he did trip up on one play, but for the rest of the game he was pretty much spectacular, Hutch was off the field for a little while, and they exploited that. The line handled them very well for the defensive scheme they run, and remember, they only gave up one sack.

We should not have lost that game, if I place the blame on anyone but the refs, it's Childress and Williamson.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

What?

How many times did Brad get sacked?
    Once.

Compared to last week that is a huge improvement.
    We played a very fast and physical defense today.
    I thought the O line held up very well.
    We sucked last week on passing downs, but not this week.
    Chester got 74 yards, a lot more than I expected.

we have bigger issues than that after this game.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

The OLINE cost us the game today. They caused the fumble by sucking so much a$$. They sucked in preseason and still suck. Every yard Taylor made, he earned. You see Hutching letting guys blow by him? Only time you hear Hicks name is when he holds. Spencer couldnt block me. They all suck. Mck is so slow how he got the big check is beyond me.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I think the O-line is still behind the learning curve of expectations.
    But I would have to say that this loss was a team effort.
    We didn't capitalize on a lot of opportunities.
    We had two other opps for INTs.
    The coaches may have blown the play calls on the last two series.
    Brad didn't make mistakes today, but he didn't make "the play" today either.

That is the way the ball bounces.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"CCthebest" wrote:
    The OLINE cost us the game today. They caused the fumble by sucking so much a$$. They sucked in preseason and still suck. Every yard Taylor made, he earned. You see Hutching letting guys blow by him? Only time you hear Hicks name is when he holds. Spencer couldnt block me. They all suck. Mck is so slow how he got the big check is beyond me.
    They are not that bad.
    How long have they all played together?

So, let me get this straight.
    They caused the fumble by "sucking a$$?"
    And they still suck.
    No glimmer of improvement?

I guess you are right, they all suck.

Thanks for the intuitive post and use of English.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

REALLY??????????? we should merge all these topics to jump off the bandwagon quick.......but do not go too far because WE will WIN games ....were you complaining week 1 and week 2 the O-line has gone up aginst arguably 3 of the top 10 front 4 including imo the #1(carolina) but back to my point were you complaing when we won the first 2 weeks because they do look the same .........
    it will take a couple more games but I truly think these guys will come together

tampaviking is offline Rookie

the vikes need a serious deep threat to keep the d honest. i love our recieving core but they need a playmaker. but the line looked tremendously improved over what happened last week. i was scared this game was going to be more onesided because of last week. but i think they held. defenses are going to get penetration no matter how much you pay for yopur line

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tampaviking" wrote:
    the vikes need a serious deep threat to keep the d honest. i love our recieving core but they need a playmaker. but the line looked tremendously improved over what happened last week. i was scared this game was going to be more onesided because of last week. but i think they held. defenses are going to get penetration no matter how much you pay for yopur line
    What a luxury a guy like Moss would be now, but we won't go any further than that here.

If you have that threat, you have to prove you can get him the ball deep.

Prophet Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    [img width=150 height=107]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/110500.gif[/img]

This is the first season this line has played together, ever.
    They did a reasonable job against the 5th ranked defense in the NFL.
    They will only get better.
    This is week 3 of a 16 week regular season.
    Is there room for improvement?
    Hell yes.
    There is a better chance of them improving to be a top-tier O-line than there is of you showing up after a W and praising the team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast