Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    purpleNgold4life is offline Waterboy

Where'd This Come From Red?

With Red Mcombs in the midst of selling the team, NOW he decides to make moves?

What The Hell???

Now that Randy is gone, I thought I wouldn't say this for a while, but we are a better ball club.

Especially if we can draft a WR in the 1st Round we'll have legit superbowl chances.

With the additions of Smoot and and now (ex-packer) Daren Sharper along with Antione Winfeild, Corey Chavous, and Brian Russell (who went to my HS), We have one of the most talented, if not THE most talented secondary's in the NFL.

As well the additions of Pat Williams at DT and Napolien Harris at LB we have a chance to contend in the NFL's equivelent to the NBA's eastern confrence, the NFC.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

uummm, will Russell still be playing? And at that, will Chavous?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous was rumored to be out if we got Shaper, Russell I have not heard about.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Red, is spending Fowlers Money at this point, all the signing bonuses are put off till the summer!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I really dont wanna lose chavous....I think hes a solid player and understands the game very well....but if we could trade him for more talent ( darius etc.) i would not mind, but to just cut him or let him go....that would anger me

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Yeah, I would think there has to be some deal in the works (with the Fowler group) that Red will see most, if not all, of that money back in his wallet.

And if the Fowler group fails at acquiring the Vikings, the price just went up a few mill.

Russell talented? I just woke up don't know if I read that right
    You republican whore!

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

chavous was our D leader last year....He is by far the smartest player we have on D...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Chavous was rumored to be out if we got Shaper, Russell I have not heard about.
    From the StarTrib yesterday...also in the thread saying we are not going to persue Darius any longer:

http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=8651

Barring other offseason moves, the Vikings will start Sharper at free safety and Corey Chavous at strong safety, according to defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell. Brian Russell, a restricted free agent who has started at free safety the past two seasons, will back up both safety positions.
    Even babies know the difference.

If chavous was the smartest player on our D last year then why did we play extremely better wit Offord in his place! Willie O is a superstar in the making! But he will probably never get a chance to sign if he stays here.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast