Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Where would we be without the defense?

We would have six less wins under Chilly's KAO if it weren't for the defense in the last three years. If my memory serves me correctly here's the games we won because of the defense:

Washington in 06
    Cards in 06
    Detroit in 06
    Chicago in 07
    Oakland in 07
    Chicago in 07

In fact, I only remember four wins in three years where the KAO really did well. And isn't Chilly suppose to be an offensive genius? Wasn't he a offensive coordinator with the Eagles and the same in Wisconsin. What the heck has happened?
    With us playing the Saints on Monday this KAO offense better start coming alive or we'll lose another one because the defense can't score enough points to keep up with Brees.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where would we be without the defense?

It gets sad when you start hoping the defense will score points so we can win. I get that feeling too much.

We have played some pretty stout defenses especailly since Frerotte has been in, hopefully we can make it happen versus the Saints and continue to do so.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm not a Chilly fan and I do think his offense is unimaginative.

But Chilly as HC also as something to do with the defense.
    Just because he comes from an offensive background doesn't mean he doesn't get involved in the defensive training and game plan.

I'm not going to take any wins from Chilly (the few there are), whether the offense scored or the defense scored.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    We would have six less wins under Chilly's KAO if it weren't for the defense in the last three years. If my memory serves me correctly here's the games we won because of the defense:

Washington in 06
    Cards in 06
    Detroit in 06
    Chicago in 07
    Oakland in 07
    Chicago in 07

In fact, I only remember four wins in three years where the KAO really did well. And isn't Chilly suppose to be an offensive genius? Wasn't he a offensive coordinator with the Eagles and the same in Wisconsin. What the heck has happened?
    With us playing the Saints on Monday this KAO offense better start coming alive or we'll lose another one because the defense can't score enough points to keep up with Brees.

If after 2-1/4 seasons of a passing attack that wouldn't scare Boise State's defense and showing not ONE iota of improvement, I believe this franchise is in serious trouble.
    It is the same offense we have seen since Childress's debut.
    His offense in Philly was nothing special--especially the receiver corp.
    It's almost like Groundhog Day.

A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Washington in 06
    Cards in 06
    Detroit in 06
    Chicago in 07
    Oakland in 07
    Chicago in 07

Yikes, THAT puts it into perspective.
    Not sure if it's a straight line correlation to wins or losses, but, your observation is certainly humbling.
    I was fortunate enough to have had the Vikes D/ST in Fantasy the last couple of years.
    In our League yards, nor score against is measured...just touchdowns, Ints and sacks.
    The Vikes D/ST scored more points than all but 1 TE and more than half of the RBs and WRs, AND any Kicker.

Oh, back on point, sorry...Chilly had McNabb in Philly.
    With the Vikes, he jumped up in the draft to grab a guy he thought was the second coming.
    He was wrong; at least in the short-term.
    I don't know if anyone here in Philly would ever have called Childress an offensive genius.
    However, the KAO has certainly been a dud to date.

There is absolutely no question that before the season, we all concurred that the Vikes needed improved play from the QB position to win more games.
    This year, again, we haven't had that; again.
    Not sure when we are gonna have that, let's hope it doesn't take us as long as it took the Cowboys.
    What I am sure of is that you are 100% correct with your last sentence...a shootout and we come home 1-4.
    The defense and AD are gonna need to come up BIGTIME in this game.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

What have we done to deserve this offense?
    :'(
    El underdog.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Washington in 06
    Cards in 06
    Detroit in 06
    Chicago in 07
    Oakland in 07
    Chicago in 07

I wouldn't be fooled by how the offense did against the Titans (5th ranked defenses) compared to the Saints (27th ranked defense).

The offense should shine.

On the other side, the Saints passing offense is ranked #1, with the Vikes passing D ranked #17, I will expect the defense to struggle.

So if the Vikes lose 48-45, will you call it a defensive loss?

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

This season?
    0-4

Overall, I'm not really sure.

As far as Childress being an "offensive genius", I might be wrong, but I don't ever recall anyone (whose opinion on coaches mattered anyhow) ever referring to him as a genius in that department.

He didn't call plays in Philly, he just put together the gameplan.
    I'm not really sure what that entails, but I'm not sure how much input he had into the overall development of the offense there.
    I think Andy Reid had more to do with that.

As for his credit in the development of Donovan McNabb, I'm hesitant to give him any credit there because he's done nothing so far to prove to me that he can groom a QB here, although most coaches would tell you that developing a Div. 1-AA QB from Alabama St. into a good NFL QB is no easy task.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"gagarr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Washington in 06
    Cards in 06
    Detroit in 06
    Chicago in 07
    Oakland in 07
    Chicago in 07

I wouldn't be fooled by how the offense did against the Titans (5th ranked defenses) compared to the Saints (27th ranked defense).

The offense should shine.

On the other side, the Saints passing offense is ranked #1, with the Vikes passing D ranked #17, I will expect the defense to struggle.

So if the Vikes lose 48-45, will you call it a defensive loss?

If the offense scores 45 I will shit my pants. I don't know what I'll do if they score 45 and lose, probably shit myself again.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    If the offense scores 45 I will pooh my pants. I don't know what I'll do if they score 45 and lose, probably pooh myself again.
    LMFAO.
    Best line ever.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast